5 More Hours For November!

I love the FAs that sit on their buts all summer(PHW/PIW for example) and end up with LTOs in the 20%-30% range at the end of the month. They ROC for everyday off(yes they are entitled to that, but to get your time in on Intl you have to sometimes give one or two up to get a decent check). They abuse sick time,are out of base when trips open up. Yes underflying is an issue, but its not always because there are no trips to offer. For half of this year, PHW was going into the RSV book with close to 30 trips a day and maybe 10 reserves to call.

Trans,

I don't know where you get your info. But PIW had an overage of f/as and they were sent throughout the system to pick up trips. Out-of-base trips was common occurence in PIW.

Folks ROC for the reasons you say..ITS THERE TIME OFF THE DAMN BEEPER. There should not be a system in place that forces f/as to have to GIVE UP their days off to get just 80-90 hours.

PITbull said:
Trans,

I don't know where you get your info. But PIW had an overage of f/as and they were sent throughout the system to pick up trips. Out-of-base trips was common occurence in PIW.

[post="196858"][/post]​
I get my info from personl experience and from that of my PHW friends baby. I for one worked numerous PIW trips this summer because there were no RSVs in PIW.
And yes PB I know that no one should have to give up days off to work 80/90hrs, but sometimes you have to give one up in order to pay the bills.

Well, once the fence is brought down all of these problems will be a distant memory. Maybe very distant, considering the potential for furloughs...

Sitting in my hotel room at the Lagoon waiting for the phone to ring trying to get a trip so that I could get back to my home in Fort lauderdale was enough to make me quit. The decision was made easier when I was commuting back home with senior dada Stuart Levine bragging about his 7th trip to Rome and how he had a place on the coast in Italy with all the other senior mamas. Overflying should have been addressed years ago and it wasn't, period. I don't know how many flight attendants were affected by those greedy bastards trying to get their best three out of ten for their retirement but I do know that getting kicked off of International, then getting minimum guarantees on domestic was enough to make me leave the career I loved. Oh by the way, I just sold a 1.8 million dollar condo today. It is a cash deal and will close in 15 days. Stuart call me when you have to sell your house!

BostonTerrier:

Please.....furloughs I believe won't happen if they offer ANY sort of a leave or $8,000 VSIP. Everyone I know is just waiting for it. I don't know how they will afford 16 million for 2,000 people and I think that is CONSERVATIVE. Just my opinion.

USAirBoyA330 said:
BostonTerrier:

Please.....furloughs I believe won't happen if they offer ANY sort of a leave or $8,000 VSIP. Everyone I know is just waiting for it. I don't know how they will afford 16 million for 2,000 people and I think that is CONSERVATIVE. Just my opinion.
[post="196933"][/post]​

You may very well be correct. However, until we see the actual projected furlough numbers we really won't know. There are a lot of elements at play here, A330. The first, what will the finished T/A look like? What will the actual loss be in the rate of pay. The lower the loss in base pay, the more likely people will stay.

Second, eight grand isn't all that much. Some flight attendants would do better financially collecting involuntary furlough pay depending on their seniority. Eight grand can't carry someone for very long. Long enough to build a bridge? Yes, for the right people.

Who knows. But with the fence coming down, flying options abolished, and the potential for a reduced fleet, I think the furlough numbers could be significant. And what happens if no T/A is reached. What if the company attempts to impose a contract on the flight attendants that omits the VFNR? What then?

I'm just throwing out issues for reflection/discussion. I have no actual "position" regarding this. And I agree, there are a TON of flight attendants itching for the VFNR. And many will leave of their own volition without waiting for the carrot.

This BK is so complex from a labor relations perspective, perhaps even discussing voluntary furloughs is premature. In any case, I hope you're right.

Best to all,
BT

Not trying to be naive or if this has been already answered, but why would the company force the lineholders to work the extra 5 hours when there's plenty of F/A's waiting around to get hours?

Assuming that non-lineholders are lower in seniority that they would be lower on the payscale. Wouldn't those extra 5 hours per lineholder given to someone else possibly be a way to make the juniors happier and at the same time costing the company less?

Just trying to get a perspective on things from an outsider's POV.

-JC