276 And Going Lower

Iron, you got me figured out. My compass was and probably still is spinning on this issue, I thought outsourcing was the best way to handle it was at the time it was announced but somehow I don't know if they figured out the long-term ramifications by doing so, either way they had to do something or park the airbuses, they chose the wrong route obviously and they are paying the price as time is running up on the planes and they have to be parked, which we all know.. you sure aren't making money with a plane on the ground. But I think the part about Dave and Co weighing the costs was probably right, but yet I think someone forgot a few rules that would be broken due to the decision. In a sense, I don't think they thought in the best interests of the company and mechanics by doing so. But I don't think Dave originally wanted this to happen and somehow all signs point to me that Dave was Bronner's little puppet on this whole issue.

Dave and Co got what they paid for with the post-check problem.

• Banned
Once again don't let the facts get your way.

Funny PI, your posts are verbatim what they company told the judge in PIT.

Our current mechanics in DCA, CLT and LAX have been doing the c1-10 checks on the airbus and we use to do the c-11 in CLT now that is in PIT.

Guess what an S-check is?

The S-check is the c1 thru c11 all combined at one time.

Wow, so our mechanics have been doing airbus work and are qualified and we have two empty bays in CLT and the IAM gave the company several plans and when and how the S-checks can be done in house, the company chose to ignore this and VIOLATE the scope language of the mechanic and related contract.

THREE FEDERAL Courts have told the company this.

So go back to Jerry Glass and ask him something new to post, because I smell something rotten in Denmark.

• Banned
What the company does in CCDAS does not matter when it comes to active and inactive.

If the planes are parked and not getting worked and are stored as they are, they are not ACTIVE planes.

By some folks reasoning I could just be sitting still or better yet sleeping while I am supposed to be working, but by their definition I am still "active". Maybe I will have to try that.

justaumechanic said:
I will throw my 2 cents in here..

No our leadership is more interested in chairs.. Yes thats right chairs.. Chairs are the root cause of aircraft parking.. .. The chairs are evil.. The ACTING DIRECTOR of PIT BASE says Chairs are why nothing ever gets done around here.. No those are not the reasons, its chairs.. He said so himself.. As a matter of fact he comes out into the hangar 3 times a day or more to check and verify that the chairs have not come back..

If he cant do it he sends out his Utility Supervisor who scans the hangar high and low for chairs.. Why? Why does everyone ask.. BECAUSE CHAIRS ARE WHY THIS PLACE DOES NOT MAKE MONEY.. Its the chairs stupid..
HEY JUSTA:the reason for no chairs goes directly to the guy who refused to get up off his butt when wylie and spina were taking the new base maintenance guy on a tour of his area.he also got a pe-1.
you wanna whine about the chair issue,i suggest you go see this individual...hes the one that brought it all down...him alone.
cause and effect. ;)

Having never been part of the C1 - C11 check I might be a little off the mark..

So clue me in..

Which check exactly C1 - C11 do we pull all of the seats out, remove the entire interior including galleys, Lavs, sidewalls and floor boards for inspection?

I am curious how we are doing this in LAX and PIT? Could you explain?

It seems to be the S check incorporates the C1 - C11 check with additional workload for the Structural inspection. This would make more sense..

Similar to a Q check which Zero's out the A - C checks.

As for the Fleet Status.. You say Tomato I say tomato.. Get it.. Lets just agree to disagree..

Lets agree on this.. Our management team in Mtc Stinks.. The lot of them are a poor excuse for leadership in any Mtc Department.

And speaking of the chairs.. Working in hangar 5 the incident in question it never surfaced from anyone I have spoken with that the chairs were yanked because someone would not get up while some important person was getting a tour..

Knowing the guy that got bagged for sleeping personally I have to disagree with your statement.. It went more like "Sleeping in the chair, got caught and our leadership decided that chairs were the root cause of low production and sleeping".. Which of course is crap. But our leadership likes to feel important. They like to think they are doing something since they have no clue what an airplane is, what it does or how to work on it..

• Banned
The fwd lavs all ready have been inspected during the cockpit door mods.

The seats get pulled out in the S-check only and reworked.

The S-check is all the Cs combined plus the seats with a couple of added cards, it is only a 13 day check vs a Q which is 28 days on a 737, with a couple of added cards. The galleys dont get pulled out.

CLT line did the C1-C10 (overnight checks), CLT Base did the C11 (2 day check).

DCA line also does the C1-C10 as does LAX now, and PIT base does the C11.

So if you dont know about the mtc package I suggest you ask.

So how many chairs did you guys have on the floor? I work HMV for DL in ATL. We have very few chairs on the hangar floor. There are some at the computer workstations and some work tables. There are some picnic tables in some bays near their work center, but very few mechanics have personal chairs. We did have a bike issue a few years back when personal bikes banned from the property. Sounds like a lot of extra junk to get in the way.

DalMD88 said:
So how many chairs did you guys have on the floor? I work HMV for DL in ATL. We have very few chairs on the hangar floor. There are some at the computer workstations and some work tables. There are some picnic tables in some bays near their work center, but very few mechanics have personal chairs. We did have a bike issue a few years back when personal bikes banned from the property. Sounds like a lot of extra junk to get in the way.
What happened was this. When they downsized everything and especially the closing of the Jet Shop, it left a lot of brand new chairs laying around vacant shops. As soon as some of the support shops closed guys were helping themselves to chairs, brand new and very good chairs to replace the old beat up ones laying around in the hangers, which at the time was not many. So you had old and new chairs in the hangers. They probably could have thrown out the old beat up chairs without missing them, but instead they go crazy over some foremen's whim and throw them all out. That amounted to a lot of money. I was in the jet shop when they bought them and I know they cost plenty. We had to beg them to buy them. That was about 4 years ago. So a lot of the chairs were junk but a lot were also really nice. As to how many chairs there were, a lot is all I can say.

DalMD88 said:
How does close to 100 sound?

Exactly how manyof you experts have actually accomplished a S check on any Airbus?

Seems like you know alot about how to do C checks and who have done them but obviously we have done NO S check on the property so how do you know?

justaumechanic said:
Knowing the guy that got bagged for sleeping personally I have to disagree with your statement.. It went more like "Sleeping in the chair, got caught and our leadership decided that chairs were the root cause of low production and sleeping".. Which of course is crap. But our leadership likes to feel important. They like to think they are doing something since they have no clue what an airplane is, what it does or how to work on it..
JUSTAUMECHANIC REPLIES:And speaking of the chairs.. Working in hangar 5 the incident in question it never surfaced from anyone I have spoken with that the chairs were yanked because someone would not get up while some important person was getting a tour..
1-21-04 PIT union meeting,LL pres schifano set the record straight as to the chair incident.i take it you weren't there? i relayed what was told.
the fellow sleeping is a separate issue but i'm sure all things taken into account...

• Banned
PITMTC said:
Exactly how manyof you experts have actually accomplished a S check on any Airbus?

Seems like you know alot about how to do C checks and who have done them but obviously we have done NO S check on the property so how do you know?
Once again, according to planning and the paperwork and the company, and the observers who were at BFM for 700.

The S-check is only a 13 day check, compared to a 737 which is a 28 day Q-check.
The S-check is ALL the C-checks combined, once again, mechanics in DCA, CLT, LAX and PIT have been doing the C-checks since we got the airplane FIVE years ago. So we do know alot about the S-check. There is only a few added items to be accomplished during the S-check vs the C.

If you don't believe me go ask the planning deparment.

PITMTC said:

guy,heres my angle:
notice CLT was doing c-11.....
we brought and trained PIT hangar 1 for c-11....
i don't think anybody has noticed...but when and if IAM prevails.....heres your 2 's' check tracks already trained and experienced on the airbus.

• Banned
A/C 706 has run out of time as has 101 and 707, bringing the fleet down to 276.

Back