30 minute restriction on PAX when flying into DCA

It’s been almost 4 years since the 30 minute rule has been suspended, but apparently this guy told the PAX to stay in their seats going into DCA the other day.

This guy should be in the Chief Pilot’s Office, standing tall before The Man, explaining why he’s making up his own rules.

I flew in to DCA last night , June 23 on US Air flight 42 from Phoenix that arrived about 7:10 PM About 50 minutes before arrival the pilot announced that there was only 20 minutes left to go to the bathroom because all passengers had to remain in their seats the last 30 minutes. ...30 minutes before touchdown the pilot announced that restrictions were in place and no one could get out of their seats during the last 30 minutes coming into Reagan National. I thought these restrictions were eased a while ago.

Linkage

Well the Captain is god on his aircraft.

He can do pretty much anything he likes that contributes to the safety of his aircraft.

Appropriate? Probably not, but legal - certainly.

I wasn't aware the restrictions where gone. I still get paperwork the entire flight crew has to sign before EVERY DC flight that has the 30 minute restriction on it.

I fly STL-DCA and DCA-STL fairly often. According to the pilots here at AA, the restriction on passengers remaining seated is no longer in effect. However, there is still a requirement that the cockpit door may not be opened for 30 minutes prior to landing.

I wasn't aware the restrictions where gone. I still get paperwork the entire flight crew has to sign before EVERY DC flight that has the 30 minute restriction on it.
you always still get the paperwork.... that the crewmembers must sign for all DCA flights..
but the thirty minute rule was abolished a long time ago...

Back