737 seat pitch

lownslow

Advanced
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Does anyone know how much the seat pitch varies on Continental''s 737s? I recently flew DTW-IAH and had a 737-300 outbound and a 737-800 on the return. CO''s website claims both have a 31 pitch, but I can say with absolute certainty that there was more effective legroom in the -300 than the -800. The -300 was uncomfortable - the -800 was some form of medieval torture device. Do the two have a different pitch or are the seats that different? If its the seats, I certainly hope they go back to the seats that were on the -300. I may relocate to Houston soon, and if that''s the legroom that''s standard, I''ll be connecting through DFW instead.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/6/2003 12:23:13 AM lownslow wrote:

Does anyone know how much the seat pitch varies on Continental's 737s? I recently flew DTW-IAH and had a 737-300 outbound and a 737-800 on the return. CO's website claims both have a 31" pitch, but I can say with absolute certainty that there was more effective legroom in the -300 than the -800. The -300 was uncomfortable - the -800 was some form of medieval torture device. Do the two have a different pitch or are the seats that different? If its the seats, I certainly hope they go back to the seats that were on the -300. I may relocate to Houston soon, and if that's the legroom that's standard, I'll be connecting through DFW instead.
----------------
[/blockquote]
This is just a thought.I work on -700 and -800s.Since 9/11 all life vest pouches that where under the seat cushion are now in a case,mounted at the front of the seat,which has a security seal for tampering.Saves time for the security checks.As with the older version one has to crawl under every seat and remove each life vest and check for knifes etc.This mod might cut down on your leg room if you have long legs..I am not sure if all the 300's are done yet.I thought we got rid of all the 300's.
Just another PIA for you thanks to 9/11.

Latest posts