757 DFDR

They'll be kicked upstairs first - sticking one's neck out like that trying to hang a pilot for something is what the present group of bean counters and BOD considers company loyalty and the action will be rewarded.

The two i am referring to are already at the top or one level down. There is no upstairs to go to.

As for a fine. I think this goes well beyond a difference in interpretation of a wire tie or some other instances that the FAA has fined airlines.

I think the NTSB public relations andlegal staff had a difficult time translating the bistering discussion of the Board regarding AA into a press release for public consumption. Read it again along those lines.

While a definite "no-no"...the action by the Feds means nothing more than "your excused from the table, American"..."we'll call you if we need you".

While a definite "no-no"...the action by the Feds means nothing more than "your excused from the table, American"..."we'll call you if we need you".

Should be easy enough to track who ordered the deviation. Im sure there are emails or texts , just how how far it goes is anyones guess ? The action for sure delayed the investigation and the timeframe for returning the aircraft to revenue service.
Just another example of losing money for no good reason....

Don't DFDR's get downloaded for normal analysis outside of an investigation? Could someone have done the data dump not knowing this was from the JAC plane?

Don't DFDR's get downloaded for normal analysis outside of an investigation? Could someone have done the data dump not knowing this was from the JAC plane?

I believe the DFDR was physically shipped to TUL according to the statement.

The APA Contract also specifically states that any DFDR data will not be downloaded without notification and opportunity to be present. The FOQUA data is donwloaded but deindentified by the APA, not sure of the exact method.

Shipping it to TUL makes no sense... why not ship it directly from JAC to DC?... Something ain't right here.

Anytime an aircraft is carrying passengers under its own power,it's mandatory to call NTSB and FAA when in a incident or accident The aircraft should be secured, passengers removed nothing else!!!!!! It been that way for years!!!!! Yes E we regularly download data for troubleshooting problem aircraft... But now being thrown out of the party,we cannot view or discuss whats on the recorder.Further delaying its return to service until NTSB releases it too us. Was it intentional or oversight
either way it wasnt a good thing....Sometimes humans make mistakes not thinking...everyone is safe thats the main thing!!!!!

I don't believe it, no extra penalty!! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/No-extra-penalty-for-AAs-apf-3343122881.html?x=0&.v=4

Anytime an aircraft is carrying passengers under its own power,it's mandatory to call NTSB and FAA when in a incident or accident The aircraft should be secured, passengers removed nothing else!!!!!! It been that way for years!!!!! Yes E we regularly download data for troubleshooting problem aircraft... But now being thrown out of the party,we cannot view or discuss whats on the recorder.Further delaying its return to service until NTSB releases it too us. Was it intentional or oversight
either way it wasnt a good thing....Sometimes humans make mistakes not thinking...everyone is safe thats the main thing!!!!!

Yes NTSB has control of aircraft til they release it. Depends how upset they are could be a while.....

Back