757's to Roswell?

boeing767mech

Aug 4, 2008
So have we started retiring 757's now?????? 5CM is showing OTS in Roswell!!! What gives. Is it out of time for check and now they are farming out the check or what?????

So have we started retiring 757's now?????? 5CM is showing OTS in Roswell!!! What gives. Is it out of time for check and now they are farming out the check or what?????

Well I receieved an anonymous note a while back that the company was looking to send Instructors to Roswell to do 40 hour gen-fam classes. We passed the info on. So my guess is they are doing backlogged work. I'd like to see the bill.

Well I receieved an anonymous note a while back that the company was looking to send Instructors to Roswell to do 40 hour gen-fam classes. We passed the info on. So my guess is they are doing backlogged work. I'd like to see the bill.
The TWU along with the company closes MCI then farm out the work interesiting

The TWU along with the company closes MCI then farm out the work interesiting
They opened up DWH, admittedly it does make more sense to tow a plane from the gate at DFW, their largest hub, than ferry one to MCI.

Back in 2009 they were claiming that AA would have all these white spaces in the dock plans and need to cut 1200 heads by 2012. Well they have no white spaces for well beyond 2012 and they added over 300 heads in 2011 so far and they cant do all the work they have.

Now we know that once the new 737s start arriving in greater numbers, the Airbus's start coming and the MD-80s go away that OH will likely slow down, that may kill the overtime but more than likely a few thousand more people will retire, quit, be terminated or die by then as well.

They opened up DWH, admittedly it does make more sense to tow a plane from the gate at DFW, their largest hub, than ferry one to MCI.

Back in 2009 they were claiming that AA would have all these white spaces in the dock plans and need to cut 1200 heads by 2012. Well they have no white spaces for well beyond 2012 and they added over 300 heads in 2011 so far and they cant do all the work they have.

Now we know that once the new 737s start arriving in greater numbers, the Airbus's start coming and the MD-80s go away that OH will likely slow down, that may kill the overtime but more than likely a few thousand more people will retire, quit, be terminated or die by then as well.

I am sure that OH will slow down. They have already referred to it as the coming "maintenance holiday". Two Light "C" lines are being added to Hangar 80 at TUL and bids have gone out to the State of Oklahoma and the City of Tulsa, to modify the existing hangars that the 737's will not fit into. January will be an interesting month as one of the modified hangars will start up. The goal seems to be a "Premiere 737 Overhaul Facility".

Of course the possible retirements will wait on a possible T/A'd early out to make their decision.

I am sure that OH will slow down. They have already referred to it as the coming "maintenance holiday". Two Light "C" lines are being added to Hangar 80 at TUL and bids have gone out to the State of Oklahoma and the City of Tulsa, to modify the existing hangars that the 737's will not fit into. January will be an interesting month as one of the modified hangars will start up. The goal seems to be a "Premiere 737 Overhaul Facility".

Of course the possible retirements will wait on a possible T/A'd early out to make their decision.

do you need one of these to get it in

262398_2121559211865_1632380128_2072138_4565329_n.jpg

What is it showing in FOS? OTS, unlinked, or unassigned?

OTS could be a diversion. Unlinked/unassigned might be something there for a check.

What is it showing in FOS? OTS, unlinked, or unassigned?

OTS could be a diversion. Unlinked/unassigned might be something there for a check.
No, 5CM is indeed headed for ROW. AA's boneyard. My guess is it's temporary. there is nothing on jetnet, or aa.ops.com about any 757's being retired.

A maint holiday is just temporary.....after that its back to work just like you and I.
The only problem is the facilities and skill is lost.....Everyone must be moved retrained,docks set up etc..All costing time,money and resources. Mechanics are creatures of habit,if you upset that balance its going to cost ya!!!! The works gotta be done somewhere its only a matter of time....Evertime there is a change it's going to slow things down in the maint world...These new 737's are going to be a cash cow,plastic cheap,made in china parts..Get your wrenches ready...Oh I for got paper clips haha

OKay, in my last EWIS class @ AFW, the instructor showed pictures of a 767 at ROSWELL for wing, horizontal/ vertical stabs CORE GUARD R&R. He was laughing because the workers DID NOT comply with OSHA regs (ie not enough harnesses/ fall protection and respitory protection during the whole process- the CLOUDS of PENTAVALENT CHROMIUM DUST & POLYUREATHANE PAINT PARTICULATES AIRBORNE in the CLOSED HANGAR!!) Also this company made patterns for DECALS to cover the CORE GUARD!! YEP, that ROSWELL COMPANY/ FACILITY WILL BE DOING THE WORK!! Those pictures were made around Nov/Dec 2010. Yet the OSMs at AFW are STILL sanding the wings (top & bottom), the horizontal (top & Bottom) & vertical (left & right sides) stabilizers. Then afew days later, ROLL on the CORE GUARD!! (AIRBORNE POLYUREATHANE PAINT PARTICULATES- COUGH COUGH!!)

Maybe the 757 was there to begin this same process, more $$$ wasted by our HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE MANAGEMENT!!!

No, 5CM is indeed headed for ROW. AA's boneyard. My guess is it's temporary. there is nothing on jetnet, or aa.ops.com about any 757's being retired.
Is that the one that needs to have a casting replaced a a cost of close to a million dollars and several months down time? Heard rumors that they were going to do it in dock 2B, but then got cancelled so the 737's could move in there.

Back