8/31/04 Alpa Update

I missed the part where the union was "very close " to an agreement. Seems to me like they simply exchanged proposals? :huh:

This thread's title is misleading. Nowhere in the referenced article can one find any mention of the union being "very close to a TA."

You be the judge:

After meeting internally most of yesterday afternoon, the Negotiating Committee presented a proposal to management last night. That proposal along with accompanying documents is now posted on the pilots only home page under “Negotiating Committee Information.â€￾ The meeting lasted well into the evening and the committee expects to hear back from the Company today.

MEC Chairman Bill Pollock will call the MEC back into session at 2:30 this afternoon at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington, VA. Future MEC deliberations could very well determine whether or not you get to vote on what the Negotiating Committee brings back to the MEC. All pilots are urged to attend this meeting or at the very least contact your Reps immediately and let them know your feelings on your participation in this process.

How does a proposal and an expected counterproposal beget a TA?

Guys,

It's in this line:

"Future MEC deliberations could very well determine whether or not you get to vote on what the Negotiating Committee brings back to the MEC."

My translation is "If you want the company proposal to go out for a vote, get your butt to the meeting or flood the PHL & PIT reps with e-mails and phone calls". After all, anything that goes out for a vote is by definition an "agreement".

Jim

The NC's latest offer eliminated language preventing the furlough of pilots as a result of the hypothetical T/A. If you object to being thrown overboard I suggest you contact the PHL/PIT reps and urge them to stand firm.

I received an email message from an MEC Representative that a deal was close and that company and ALPA's financial adivsors are working on the final cost analysis.

I and other pilots have been asked to fly to DCA to attend the meeting and I am enroute. Wireless technology is a great tool.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Pacemaker said:
The NC's latest offer eliminated language preventing the furlough of pilots as a result of the hypothetical T/A. If you object to being thrown overboard I suggest you contact the PHL/PIT reps and urge them to stand firm.
[post="174429"][/post]​

But wouldn't it be more likely that the PIT and PHL reps would stand firm to protect then interests of the more senior pilots? I mean isn't that how the politics have broken down? Surely, the junior pilots at greater risk of furlough would be more willing to take a hit regarding DC formulas in order to stay employed.

Row,

It's not an old=senior and young=junior division anymore. With only 27 months left to retirement, I regularly fly with reserve F/O's who are both very junior and older than myself. Tends to complicate things a little.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
I and other pilots have been asked to fly to DCA to attend the meeting and I am enroute. Wireless technology is a great tool.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="174432"][/post]​

Asked by who? Just curious. Also, wireless technology still does now allow short call reserves (maybe...me) to be out of base while on a 90minute callout. Greeter.

Jim, it's my understanding that if this so called "TA" goes out for a vote the pilots lose the right to "self help" (aka the right to strike) even if they turn it down? Yes or No?

Eye,

That's a guestion that someone else will have to answer. I have no idea.

Jim

ps - of course, there's self-help and then there's "self-help", if you get my drift.

BoeingBoy said:
Eye,

That's a guestion that someone else will have to answer. I have no idea.

Jim

ps - of course, there's self-help and then there's "self-help", if you get my drift.
[post="174452"][/post]​

True Jim! Still, if it is true about losing the right to "self help" if the TA is turned down I would want the MEC/LEC leaders who backed it on a noose. Especially, hearing how many CLT based pilots feel -- how is this thing going to pass? Again, if anybody knows the answer to my question please post it. Thanks!

USA320Pilot said:
I received an email message from an MEC Representative that a deal was close and that company and ALPA's financial adivsors are working on the final cost analysis.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="174432"][/post]​

HMMM If it is so close why are the pilots being summoned for support? lololol

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
(Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no you can't disguise
(You can't disguise, no you can't disguise)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="174432"][/post]​

From your 'buffet' of postings me thinks you have your laptop velcroed to your hip. How do you do it? :rolleyes:

Latest posts