Us Air To Reduce Iam-fsa Positions

700UW said:
If and when US files chapter 7, this is what you will see.

http://www.cltatct.jccbi.gov/planes.html
Absolute shame on you 700UW. Did you take pride in posting those pics?(yeah, I know they were probably taken during the 9/11 week) This is just what you want to see. Why are you wasting your prescious energy and time on US Airways if you hate the company so bad? Posting those pictures was a waste of time. All the original poster of this topic did was post a link to some compnay information and you jump all over him.
I try and respect each and every post that I do read on here, but it is getting harder and harder to do so. I dont like what is happening around this airline, but I dont let my emotions cloud my thinking. We are not in the 90s anymore, when things were good. Times are a changing and the LCCs are winning.
A320..I enjoy reading your posts. You seem to really have a grip on what is going on with this airline and the industry as a whole.
I really get a chuckle reading the posts here on US Aviation that are done by the same negative people. You know who you are. I swear that you post on hear all the time just to reassure yourself of your "negativity and hatred" of US Airways.
As a flight attendant, let me assure you that many people I come in contact with on a day to day basis(difrrent employee groups), all understand what is happening to this company and that something needs to be done. AFA has stepped up to the bat to work with the company and I applaud that. I dont want a BK judge getting involved with my contract in the least.

Apparently you have no idea of what is going on, when I am at work I do the best job I can, I don't hate US Airways, I do not like how the executives have lied, cheated and stolen from the employees.

I do not jump all over him, I show the board what false information an ALPA member posts who is not a member of the IAM and has no idea what goes on with the IAM and maintenance and let the IAM and its members choose their fate. Not a non-IAM member trying to scare, threaten and inditimate IAM members by posting out right false information.

See if you look at the posts where he is shown to be incorrect he never responds to them because he knows he was shown to be wrong.

And that is a fact!

This topic was started to provide information, but then it was hijacked by the normal IAM “naysayersâ€. The bottom line is this: Each union has the right to participate in the new business plan or to not participate in the new business plan – it’s their choice. However, I believe we all recognize the company has the fundamental responsibility to lower unit costs across-the-board to cost effectively compete with the new market powerhouses, the LCC’s.

If any union does not want to participate in the “transformation plan†that’s o.k., just as it’s o.k. for management then to seek other cost effective alternatives and to make any union who does not want to participate in the new business plan irrelevant to the process.

What we all must realize is that US Airways provides its employees “with just a job†and it may be time for an employee or an entire work group to move on to other opportunities because David Bronner has made his intentions clear, the restructuring will go forward “with or without employeesâ€, which is our choice.

Do I like the state of affairs for airline employees? “No Sireeâ€, but its reality. For example, last week the United employees saw their company announce that it was going to suspend all pension contributions and it appears US Airways could do the same before the end of Q3. Do I like this? “No Siree" again, and it is now as bad as it gets for our United colleages. In fact, I believe nobody likes what is happening to us and we all could see our pensions gone at US Airways too, unless something is done in the not-so-distant future. This is part of the “painful†experience I said would occur, which is now playing out in real time.

Separately I agree with Hawk in that there is no doubt US Airways has the “best frontline employees in the industry and everyone wants to keep their jobs.†Finally, I talk with employees throughout the system and in the end the silent majority will likely participate in the new business plan, most likely at America West pay, benefits, and retirement levels.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

how will the packages and/or ch.11 affect those of us in the mainline express cities or will the company leave us alone since we had been beaten to death with their clubs?

Robbedagain, I believe mainline/express employees have been hurt more than enough and that they will likely not be hurt further. In fact, the same thing holds true for MDA employees. In my opinion, these two groups have sacrificed too much and should not be hit again by the company or their union.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Let the IAM and its members make their own choices, they are smart enough to know what their actions will cause.

What they are tired of is a non-IAM member who was censured by his own union and disavowed try to intimidate, threaten and scare by posting false information.

I wonder why a non-IAM member is so concerned with the IAM and it stance?

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways has the “best frontline employees in the industry. the silent majority will likely participate in the new business plan, most likely at America West pay, benefits, and retirement levels.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
NOT this agent, Bubba. Remember, you always get what you pay for.

USA320Pilot said:
It does not matter if it’s a pilot, F/A, load planner, dispatcher, accountant, office administrator, or any other employee, we all can be replaced and in anticipation of a job action, the company can line up replacement workers and the airline can continue to operate with the court supporting such action.
Are you aware of the distinct requirements necessary for a 1113 abrogation?

Several things standout: even when/while the company seeks abrogation of a contract, the contract remains in place.

Moreover, several things have to happen, notably US must make a proposal to the IAM, the modification must be necessary to permit reorganization, and The debtor must have negotiated with the union concerning the proposal in good faith.

US will not find a judge who will find that the latter occurred if they do as you suggest. The IAM is not foolish--if the union's actuaries and leadership have provided US cost saving opportunities that US does not implement, they are setting the groundwork to prevent the "must be necessary to reorganize" test from being an issue.

Moreover, unlike the pilots at Eastern and Continental who crossed the picket lines, it's highly unlikely that enough licensed A&Ps will do so, simply because there is other work available at similar payrates (what US would want mechanics to take, anyway) for mechanics, whereas 6 figure jobs in the flightdeck business are much, much harder to come by.

Oh, and US will need DIP financing in Chapter 11. The inability to hedge fuel and purchase anything on credit will quickly drain unrestricted cash below the ATSB thresholds (which really don't allow for a Chapter 11 filing in any case). Major vendors and suppliers to US are already starting to require "Net 0" payment terms as a result of CCY's rhetoric.

Finally, US will lose any meaningful access to capital and credit markets after another Chapter 11 filing. This will make any new equipment purchases all but impossible, a point that responsible union leadership will point out to it's members (since any growth in the latest "plan" is predicated upon it).

Hawk said:
SpinDoc understands what is needed to survive. You can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink. This is why I have given up on the naysayers (Delldude,700UW,Cavalier,AP Tech and Pitguy). I have faith in this management team and the silent majority that will assist the company with the required concessions. It is imperative that the silent majority (IAM) members advise their local leaders that now is the time to bargain with the company.

I still have faith that Pitbull will see the light. I look forward to reading your novel. :unsure: There is a growing movement within the AFA to do whatever is needed to survive. We have the best frontline employees in the industry and everyone wants to keep their jobs.

The no votes within the AFA group will eventually become a YES. ;) The PIT LEC will jump on board soon. Most of the F/As that I speak with state that the AWA contract is acceptable.

Good post Clue!!!

Bankruptcy will not be a walk through the park(for management) like the last time. Is this why Lakefield sounded so desperate in his last message?

USA320Pilot said:
For example, last week the United employees saw their company announce that it was going to suspend all pension contributions and it appears US Airways could do the same before the end of Q3. Do I like this? “
Whoa there, could you please explain this. How could U cease contributions to pensions if it is in the contract? Unless you mean if they file?

Usa320pilot,

If you knew anything about IAM members, You would know the IAM is doing exactly what a large majority of its members want them to do. That is to KEEP THE CONCESSION STAND CLOSED!!!! :up: :up: :up: I know it is hard for u to understand, but enough is enough.

cavalier said:
I sure remember the secret agreement, along with the media rub of calling the U mechanics Neanderthals.
Cavlier:

At this time, no one is calling US
IAM-M members any such thing and
No one is doubting the skills or abilities
of the IAM-M represented members.
As a matter of fact, I don't have any
afterthoughts of flying on US mainline
equipment because I know how well
you guys do your jobs.

The issue at hand is whether or not the
company can continue to operate and
make a proft with the current wage,
productivity, and benefits that are included
in the IAM contract (and other union
contracts). The company is asking
for relief from the current contracts so that
losses can be limited or stopped for a few
years. This will give US the opportunity
to restructure into an HP or B6 type of
carrier. Without the cuts, the majority of
the restructuring plan will not work and
cannot go forward. US is strapped for
cash and the markets are closed or are
prohibitively expensive for borrowing
because costs are too high.

The current industry economics cannot
support 1980's and 1990's wage, work
rule, and benefits costs and with some
temporary relief from the unions, the
company can restore profits and share
them with all employees, union members
included.

I don't hate the IAM or the other unions,
I would just like to see their members
step back and take a long hard look at
what is going on in the airline industry
and understand what will happen if US
cannot get their costs lowered.

Spindoc,

You seem to be confused about the issues facing US management. You seem to think that the company cannot continue to operate with the current wages, productivy, and benefits that were agreed to after two (2) rounds of concessionary talks. Let me remind you except for alpa the rest of the work groups ratified their agreements by razor thin margins at best.

Since that time,about 19 months now, the company has not implemented any cost saving measures. Now they have come back to labor again to come after more.

What the average workers see is total mismanagement of the airline. The issues facing this airline is totally managements fault. Right now RSA.s management of US is a total failure. Because managements plan is a failure, does not mean the workers wages are too high.

It seems US management is all to willing to ask for relief from the unionized workers, but not willing to ask for the 42 million back from the 5 executives!!!!

Back