Alpa Deal Near?

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
Airline, union to meet in D.C.

The union representing machinists said it won't be available to meet with US Airways officials until after Aug. 31, according to a company spokesman.

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

There is speculation the IAM will meet with the company one time, get the proposal and then say see ya and show it to the membership to solidify why the IAM will not open up any contracts.

...and force US Airways into a second bankruptcy.

700UW said:
There is speculation the IAM will meet with the company one time, get the proposal and then say see ya and show it to the membership to solidify why the IAM will not open up any contracts.
[post="167183"][/post]​

FM2436 said:
...and force US Airways into a second bankruptcy.
[post="167188"][/post]​

Once again you speak of things that you have no idea about.

The employees of this company have lost 20,000 jobs, agreed to two rounds of concessions of $1.2 billion per year for almost two years now.

The company have violated the very same concessionary contracts and have lied to and stolen from its employees. There is no trust between labor and managment. Management has declared war upon its employees and will never learn that you cant make a profit by devastating the employees financially. You have to generate revenue to be a succesful company not pillage the employees.

PORTION DELETED

Unions don't put companies into bankruptcy, poor leadership of corporate raiders do.

In the airline industry is takes years in order to get to the strike threat.

For example the previous contract for the IAM Mechanic and Related was in negotiations for 4 years until it reached the process of getting into a cooling off period. The Railway Labor Act favors the corporation is was set up to prevent the stoppage of interstate commerce, not to protect employees.

And the I know since 1992 every contract the Mechanic and Related agreed to with US gave back work rules and through two rounds of concessions numerous workrules were given back to the company and they told the IAM this is all they would need to be succesful.

And it takes two sides to reach an agreement, so the company agrees to it.

Educate yourself on the history.

In 1992, that contract cut 50% of the line mechanics, in 1999 that contract gave up numerous maintenance stations, so there has been givebacks on behalf of the unions.

In 2002 and 2003 there was tremendous sacrifices by the employees.

See your response does not address anything that factually occurred.

Those events happened that is black and white.

And when a company agrees to a contract and then blantantly violates it, yes the company is bad.

Why dont you go ask the Customer Service and Fleet Service workers how nice the company was to them in 1992 when they were employees at will?

blueoceans said:
I know. I know. Everybody else bad. Union good.
[post="167220"][/post]​

How do you explain the company twice getting concessions from IAM, the second time agreeing it would not seek a third amendment to the contract and now doing just that very thing?

hp_fa said:
How do you explain the company twice getting concessions from IAM, the second time agreeing it would not seek a third amendment to the contract and now doing just that very thing?
[post="167223"][/post]​

It's the union's fault. <_<

Today's AvDaily reports operating costs for the 319.

U's crew costs per block hour are listed. They are like 38% higher than average and 30% higher than the next most expensive operator; NW.

Huh?

Those darn pilots.

And the maintenance costs are third lowest.

Notice, US has the shortest average stage length too, that adds to the costs.

RowUnderDCA said:
Today's AvDaily reports operating costs for the 319.

U's crew costs per block hour are listed. They are like 38% higher than average and 30% higher than the next most expensive operator; NW.
Huh?
[post="167230"][/post]​

RowUnderDCA,

Out of curiosity, is that based on 1Q04 data? Reason I ask is that I found that the 1Q BTS data has some anomilies in the block hours/flight hours - seems our block hours were less than our flight hours for every a/c type. Aside from the obvious reasons for our costs being higher, this could be another explanation.

Jim

luv2fly: ho is it union's fault when the inept mgmt continues to lie and steal everything that the iam had in place in regards to the contract?
i've been with this airline for a long time and each year the company has violated the contract multiple times and beyond that!

Back