Us Air To Reduce Iam-fsa Positions

Nobody likes to see legacy carriers restructure, employees lose their jobs, or people suffer pain (except opportunistic LCCs and some of their employees). For those US Airways unions who elect to not participate in the new business plan I believe they will see their pain incrementally increase.

Do I like it? Absolutely not, but it's going to occur one way or another.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

700UW give it a rest. All the guy did was post something from the Union Web Site.

Why is it that you hate his posts so much but you are the first to run and read them everytime ?

I dont run and read anyone's posting, I read the newest posts first.

Don't worry there will be more pilot layoffs coming.

USA320Pilot said:
For those US Airways unions who elect to not participate in the new business plan I believe they will see their pain incrementally increase.
Respectfully,
USA320Pilot
Ahh,

Here we go again, the dreaded "painful" word. Haven't you beaten the horse to death?

And it is going on 5 months or more and we are still waiting for your explain and verify the IAM Mechanic and Related "painful" clause you blasted all over this board.

Guess we will never get an explanation since you know it is a blantant flasehood.

The "pain" has just begun and listed below are some of the "painful" points that have been implemented:

- Elimination of PIT IAM automated baggage system positions.

- Elimination of PIT IAM deicing.

- Elimination of PHL IAM deicing.

- Adjustment to IAM-FSA positions in PHL & other cities.

- Adjustments to IAM-FSA MDA catering positions.

- More IAM-FSA mainline/express positions.

- Potential closure and transfer of PIT heavy maintenance facility.

- Continued outsourcing of A320 overhaul.

- News media reports that US Airways may not make IAM pension payments in September, (See Story) similar to United Airlines where the New York Times reported today the carrier will end pension plan contributions. (See Story)

Nobody likes the events listed above, but the IAM told the company on June 24 that the union is not prepared to enter into any negotiation that would result in a reduction in wages, benefits, and scope language. (See Story)

Therefore, in response to the IAM position, since its two unions are now the only major labor groups to not enter into formal negotiations with the company, (See Story) expect US Airways to continue to increase the pain on any union who elects to not participate in the new business plan.

Do I like the beginning of the IAM pain? No I do not, but the IAM has given the company no other choice to reduce IAM expenses since management does not believe the union suggestions will save the carrier $80 to $100 million per year.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

The outsourcing has stopped, where you been?

Fleet service does not have pension payments to be made. They are part of the IAM National Pension Plan.

The baggage system was not contract covered language, it was only covered if US owned or leased the system, in BK it was given back to the city.

Deicing has not been eliminated in either PIT or PHL.

Catering of MDA in cities where US has its own caterers is still being done by IAM positions, where have you been?

MDA ramp and mechanics are IAM represented.

And the pension information is wrong and was proven to the company to be wrong by their own acturaries.

So try again with more false information.

Its like having another full time job dispelling all the myths around here from you know who, thanks for pointing out the truth again and again and again and again.

Just one more point...

If the company files for bankruptcy, the airline could reject the CLT maintenance facility too. Then the airline could seek to outsource all heavy maintenance and/or move all heavy maintenace functions to an undesirable location. Obviously, the company can do this in PIT, if they desire and CLT could be next.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Just one more point...

If the company files for bankruptcy, the airline could reject the CLT maintenance facility too. Then the airline could seek to outsource all heavy maintenance and/or move all heavy maintenace funcitons to an undesirable location.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
And they can do the same to all the crew bases and flying too.

No one is immune.

Thanks TMTQ, it is almost a full time job when it comes to you know who.

ALPA, AFA, & CWA are negotiating a new contract and S.1113/S.1114 language. It's my understanding that if the company enters bankruptcy, any union without a TA will be put squarely into the "cross hairs".

I do not like this anymore than anybody else, but it’s up to each union on whether or not they want to participate in the "Transformation Plan".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA, AFA, & CWA are negotiating a new contract and S.1113/S.1114 language. It's my understanding that if the company enters bankruptcy, any union without a TA will be put squarely into the "cross hairs".

I do not like this anymore than anybody else, but it’s up to each union on whether or not they want to participate in the "Transformation Plan".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Give it up and give it a rest.

No one will give this company DIP funds, if they go into bankruptcy they will never emerge.

You will never understand, the company's plan for maintenance is as follows:

Eliminate all Utility
Eliminate all Stock Clerks
Lay off thousands of mechanics and go down to 800 mechanics.
Eliminate GSE
Eliminate Plant Mtc
Eliminate Heavy Mtc
Eliminate Component shops.

See there is not reason for the IAM to participate, because either way it spells doom.

But you have been told this time after time after time and you will never grasp it,

So leave your falsehoods, threats and intimdation tactics on your won group.

It's my understanding that if the company files for a “judicial reorganizationâ€￾, management is negotiating to keep the ATSB loan guarantee funds in place/preserve the equity, and to not require DIP financing. With at least 3 unions onboard with the new business plan and other ways to boost cash, there could be ATSB loan guarantee amendments to keep the company's internal liquidity sufficient to reorganize with court protection.

With LOA 91 and the new PSA CRJ-700 LOA in place, PSA and the CRJ delivery positions could be sold, as well as MDA, to boost US Airways Group liquidity to provide more internal bankruptcy financing and to pay down the guaranteed funds. Apparently, RJs are not favored by management going forward due to their CASM.

Financial negotiations are being handled by John Lutz of the Seabury Group and FTI Consulting. These two firms will work with the company through the next filing and they are also working with the ATSB and other parties to prevent the need for DIP financing.

The law firm of Arnold and Porter has been hired as legal advisors to the airline replacing long time advisors from Skadden & Arps, who employs Larry Nagin.

If the company formally reorganizes, the targets will be airport/facility leases, and any union that does not have a new TA and/or a S.1113/S.1114 protection letter.

Separately, as PITBull indicated, the AFA MEC elected to enter into negotiations with the company because union leaders believe that will be necessary to protect its members.

Respectfully,

USA320pilot

Back