A A to get $ 5.5B, plus $ 2 B MORE, if needed !!

All by design to wreck the economy as bad as possible in hopes the election will swing for Biden. I'll bet they will not open up CA till not a single germ is found across the US.

That's some QAnon level nonsense. You don't actually believe this, do you?

That is the trap of working for an airline. Much of what you do for an airline is not marketable anywhere else (like cleaning aircraft interiors at TULE like I did).

I think they can be more marketable than one thinks. You just have to be creative. That said, I agree with this 100%:

That is why I encourage people to get a degree or a fallback skill to leverage during slow times...

That's some QAnon level nonsense. You don't actually believe this, do you?

I think they can be more marketable than one thinks. You just have to be creative. That said, I agree with this 100%:

thats why i went from stores to aircraft maintenance years ago. as a stock clerk i was worth $10.00 an hour on the street, in maintenance probably two to three time's that 25 years ago. today transferrable to many industries probably five to six times what i would have made if i stayed in stores. im still looking to increase my knowledge and transition to a new field. i just dont see AA's business model as being feasible long term. this management team does not seem to have a clear plan to navigate thru it. they seem to a lot of chasing the market they are not sure if they want to be low cost, full service or just a cattle car. if you are in the industry and not getting "creative" well good luck!

Reactions: swamt
That is the trap of working for an airline. Much of what you do for an airline is not marketable anywhere else (like cleaning aircraft interiors at TULE like I did). Even if it is marketable at other places it is doubtful they pay nearly as well as the airlines (good luck using your A&P skills to make over 100k/yr outside of an airline, though I am sure you could leverage those skills to find a decent paying job). That is why I encourage people to get a degree or a fallback skill to leverage during slow times. Get a CDL or hell learn welding. My cousin is a welder and he pulls 6 figures a year.

Oh it goes beyond that. You have people like AoC threatening more "peaceful protest" if Trump wins. Notice that protesting is mostly in BLUE states. That is no coincidence. Democrats are the real fascists.
I agree with you. But work for A&P's are more readily available and yes near or even over 100K per year. There are plenty of jobs that could be had as we have discussed before in another thread. It just a matter of searching, working it, and looking for those jobs.

I think they can be more marketable than one thinks. You just have to be creative.
I just don't see someone working in janitorial (cleaning the interior of aircraft) or warehouse work (stores) making $30+ an hour outside of an airline.

I am not going to say you are wrong but from my point of view that would be some kind of trick.

I would love some examples if you have any.

My guess is outside of an airline what I did for Fleet Service would get me about 10 to 12 an hour max.

That said, I agree with this 100%:
I assume you meant you agree with encouraging people to get a degree or fallback skill to leverage during airline downturns.

thats why i went from stores to aircraft maintenance years ago. as a stock clerk i was worth $10.00 an hour on the street
I am glad you understand that. A lot of people do not, probably through sheer denial. They get an inflated view of what their actual market worth really is.

in maintenance probably two to three time's that 25 years ago. today transferrable to many industries probably five to six times what i would have made if i stayed in stores.
Maybe in New York or someplace like that but not in a low cost of living area like Tulsa. Maintenance people here make about 15 on average up to about 30 if they are really lucky.

im still looking to increase my knowledge and transition to a new field.
Worked for me.

i just dont see AA's business model as being feasible long term. this management team does not seem to have a clear plan to navigate thru it. they seem to a lot of chasing the market they are not sure if they want to be low cost, full service or just a cattle car. if you are in the industry and not getting "creative" well good luck!
I hope you are wrong.

I agree with you. But work for A&P's are more readily available and yes near or even over 100K per year. There are plenty of jobs that could be had as we have discussed before in another thread. It just a matter of searching, working it, and looking for those jobs.
I would have to assume if you are a career mechanic that worked for the majors and you are looking for a job your airline is defunct. I would think finding actual A&P work might be difficult due to market saturation (all the other mechanics of the defunct airline are looking to). That being said you do have skills that can be leveraged in other industries. However making 100K, that might be a bit more difficult than you think. Though I have no doubt you would find some sort of decent paying job.

UA & DL pilots have until 11/1.

UA dispatchers' layoffs are pending while PAFCA works through the company's offer.

It's been 10/1 for months now...
There was a drop dead agreement date in place since last Spring. Well, that date has now come and gone, but you expect them to come to an agreement in 2 or 3 weeks?

The reality is that the companies have the upper hand in this negotiation now. If no agreement, the airline's upper management (pick your pick) can retire to their lake cottages. What will the airline workers do? They can not force the company to the bargaining table. A shutdown of everything except absolutely essential air services may be in the near future. Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas!

Yes, I know. When things look blackest I'm always there with the voice of doom.:(:rolleyes: