A challenge to U''s employees''s

[blockquote]
----------------

Ever heard of the word - Quit?

Your employment is voluntary and at will. Last time I checked the books in Pennsylvania or for the United States, slavery or indentured servitute was still illegal. So, nothing is holding you back.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Of course if they gave him 15 million I think QUIT might be an option. Is that your attitude in life ITRADE? If you don't like it just quit? I thought if you don't like it get involved?

----------------
On 3/18/2003 2:39:56 PM motnot wrote:

Well put, ITRADE.
----------------

Well put? Put where? Discontent makes for an interesting life and change does occur. That's how it happens. Can you imagine if the colonists permitted "taxation without representation" and King George went unchallenged. Hell, there would not have been a revolution and Independence from England now would there. Hell, if you guys were sitting on that Board, you'd voted for the colonists to pay the "tea tax" or don't drink it, or move away.

Thank God you guys aren't in the military..." I see how it works, when the going gets tuff, the tuff get going...

I have an idea, let's all be "little do bees", just eat s&%# and don't dare complain!

Now, what do we talk about????????
11.gif

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/17/2003 8:28:19 PM LavMan wrote:

How can you not be negative after I have taken a $700 a month paycut, been downgraded, lost a week of vacation, two sick days, two holidays, paying more for medical, lost real estate provisions, gave up our ability to bump where we want to go and thousands of jobs and the WOLFGANG knew of the BK filing and they reward themselves with $38 million.

Dude, what is your supervisors name? You need to be drug tested.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Lavman,

While I definitely feel for you, have you looked outside the company for work? Maybe take something else parttime to supplement income? Maybe something new altogether? The is most definitely money to be made a had for those have a work ethic and are willing to put in the work. I believe that describes most employees at US, correct?

Since last October over 2.1 million jobs have been lost, the job market in my area is slim to none. I cant take another job as I am a single parent. And after 15 years, it is kinda hard to start at the bottom when you have bills to pay. I like my job don't get me wrong, but it is hard to sacrifce and cut back on your bills to maintain a normal life.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Why does my attitude cause you concern?

If you feel that you're going to be mugged, do you sit around and wait for the mugging?

If you think that your house is on fire, do you simply sit there because your corner chair is comfy?

If you really hate your job, dislike the people you work for, feel unappreciated and underpaid, do you really think that its accomplishing a lot to sit around, bi+ch incessantly on www.usaviation.com, and complain about how lousy your situation is?

For god sakes, there are other things out there. You can find other work. You are not required to maintain the same station in life.
----------------
[/blockquote]
You have missed the point. No you don't wait to be mugged but by your thinking you just move out of the community and let some one else get mugged who can't afford to move. If you read my reply I suggested getting involved not as you put it b***h incessantly (although venting does have it benefits). Your "quit" comment is so easy to say when you are not in LAVMAN's shoes. If you really were sincere I doubt you would have said the bit about slavery. Maybe you just used poor wording. It's like calling a suicide hotline to be told where to buy a gun rather than where to get treatment.

----------------
On 3/18/2003 11:34:29 PM justanadd wrote:

----------------

Why does my attitude cause you concern?

If you feel that you're going to be mugged, do you sit around and wait for the mugging?

If you think that your house is on fire, do you simply sit there because your corner chair is comfy?

If you really hate your job, dislike the people you work for, feel unappreciated and underpaid, do you really think that its accomplishing a lot to sit around, bi+ch incessantly on www.usaviation.com, and complain about how lousy your situation is?

For god sakes, there are other things out there. You can find other work. You are not required to maintain the same station in life.
----------------

You have missed the point. No you don't wait to be mugged but by your thinking you just move out of the community and let some one else get mugged who can't afford to move. If you read my reply I suggested getting involved not as you put it b***h incessantly (although venting does have it benefits). Your "quit" comment is so easy to say when you are not in LAVMAN's shoes. If you really were sincere I doubt you would have said the bit about slavery. Maybe you just used poor wording. It's like calling a suicide hotline to be told where to buy a gun rather than where to get treatment.

----------------

Just,

Your analogy was well thought out, and that's exactly right.
16.gif

Latest posts