A Couple Of Observations

Oct 31, 2003
Has anyone else noticed over the past 3 or 4 months, the weekly message by Siegel has lost it's confidence. In his prior messages Siegle used words to extract confidence in his plan on turning this airline around. Lately it's "tone" has changed to an almost agonizing plea, the "confidence has vanished. Stepping back to dec. 2003 management came out with a typical pony show to go around the system to explain the plan on how to compete against luv. The unions would not listen to it according to the company, so the road shows were canceled. Then the uproar began between labor and management. Management said the unions didn't want to hear the plan and said so much, in the media. The unions said we never said they wouldn't listen to the plan, but that they ( the unions ) were never asked to hear it . Now fast forward to today. Outside of ALPA MEC who really knows what the plan is ? Two months away from Herb twisting Daves shorts in a mighty big knot, only to be left guessing on "THE PLAN". Time is running out Will management heed or continue to bleed ????

AFA received a summary of a "plan", but no specifics, no word on what level of participation. Not even Bronner knew. If he did, he surely didn't say.

Pitbull,
Then it's safe to say that maybe besides the ALPA MEC nobody knows the plan in detail. Thats my point. It was so important back in dec. to get everybody on board that meetings were canceled. Here we are 3 months later and everybody's still waiting.

Will management heed or continue to bleed ???

THE PLAN

In the Beginning was the plan.
And then came the assumptions.
And the assumptions were without form.
And the plan was completely without substance.
And the darkness was upon the face of the workers.
And they spoke among themselves saying:
"It is a crock of ####, and it stinketh."
And the workers went unto their supervisors, and sayeth:
"It is a pail of dung, and none can abide the odor Thereof:"
And the supervisors went unto their managers
And sayeth unto them:
"It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, Such that none can abide it."
And the managers went unto the directors and sayeth:
"It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none can abide its strength."
And the directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another:
"It contains that which aids plant growth, and is very strong."
And the directors went unto the vice presidents and sayeth to them:
"It promotes growth, and is very powerful."
And the vice presidents went unto the president, and sayeth unto him:
"This new plan will actively promote growth and efficiency of this company, and certain areas in particular."
And the president looked upon the plan, and saw that it was good.
And the plan became policy.
And this is how #### happens.

~~Author Unknown

sorry just a little levity

seeking the truth said:
Pitbull,
Then it's safe to say that maybe besides the ALPA MEC nobody knows the plan in detail. Thats my point. It was so important back in dec. to get everybody on board that meetings were canceled. Here we are 3 months later and everybody's still waiting.

Will management heed or continue to bleed ???
I dont think the ones who need to know are waiting. Theres no one on these boards that knows whats going on . We can speculate and may have inside loops but the bottom line is the people who do know cant say . When the public version is ready we will all know .

Seems to me that it’s very coincidental that when this 3rd round of cuts came up a certain group of known executives/posters all left under the new ethics policy guise. Not long after that we have a ton of newbies who all are just, again coincidentally, 100% on management’s side. These posters are rooting for others and my permenant suspension from these boards, to squelch us for good. Where were they this entire time before the unions were firmly united in their stance? When the unions still could be pushed around, before the twice bitten ten times shy phenomena made an appearance, where were they then, under the rocks, where? I just find this mighty strange, of course they will come after me saying I have personal problems and suffer from a paranoid disorder. Boy I hope not, my insurance doesn’t cover that anymore!

Neither. Though I'm not a newbie, until recently I hadn't posted on USaviation in a loooong time. A couple of people have already made oblique suggestions about me along the same lines as cav's comment, and I just wanted to make sure that he isn't including me in his list.

Latest posts