A Moment of Your Time

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
I want to ask everyone reading this to please help. I am asking that you write a letter to your elected officials asking them to support House Resolution 4582. This bill, when it becomes law, will require employees of foreign and domestic repair stations to undergo criminal background checks. That is not the case right now. Does this affect you? If you fly it does!
Please go to the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association web site at www.AMTAUSA.com and click on the "Support H.R. 4582" link. There you can read the bill and find who your elected official is. Simply click on the provided government links. There is even an example of what to write, just include your address. I know it is a pain to sit and write a small letter these days, what with the convenience of e-mail and cell phones. But this is very important. This bill will help fill a gap in aviation security.
After you write your letter please mail it directly to AMTA, P.O. Box 211591, Chula Vista CA 91921 or to Maryanne Demarco, AMFA National Legislative Liaison, 1725 I Street NW, Suite 300, Washington DC 200026. I ask you to mail your letters to either of us instead of directly to your officials because this way we will ensure they do not get lost in the mail by walking them up "The Hill" and hand delivering them in person. Time is of a concern so your quick response will be greatly appreciated. If there are any questions please contact me.
One last thing, after you write your letter please forward this request to everyone you know. It is not a chain letter. It is a request to help protect the flying public. I thank you all very much for your assistance and apologize if you might have already received an e-mail on this subject. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA