AMT Photos

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
If there are any F.A.A. Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Award recipients reading this post, or anyone who knows a recipient, I would like to ask if you can send me a photo of yourself along with when you got your license, what a/c and airlines you worked for, etc. I would appreciate it.
I ask this because I am looking to add a link on the www.AMTAUSA.com web site highlighting these men and women. If there are any questions please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you. Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

I have added the first F.A.A. Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Award recipient to the AMTA site, www.amtausa.com, under the C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award Recipient link.

I hope to have many more men and women highlighted so the public can see and read about the many individuals who have constantly upheld the profession of the proud, skilled Aircraft Maintenance Technician.

If you know of a person who is a recipient of this honorable award please contact me at [email protected] and I would be happy to add them to our site.

I have added another Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Award Recipient to the AMTA web site at WWW.AMTAUSA.COM. Al Blackman is one of American's own. The AMTA is proud to add him to this link so the public can see the men and women who have dedicated their careers to a proud craft & profession.

If you know of anyone who has received this award and they would like to be highlighted please contact me at [email protected].

The AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, has just been updated with more Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Award recipients. Recent photos show Al Blackman from JFK and 12 men from MCI.

The AMTA is proud to highlight these skilled craftsmen so the public can become better aware of the skilled professionals that have been maintaining the aircraft fleets of yesterday and today.

<_< -----Ken, I've heard, that it has been proposed to our local Management, that we may put a Charles Taylor Bust here in our Lobby at MCIE, along with some sort of list, or pictures, of local "Taylor" award recipients! We may have one of the largest concentrations in the country! So far they seem interested! Let's see how far it gets?

Two more C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award Recipients have been added to the "Pride & Honor" link. As always, if anyone knows of a Taylor Master Mechanic Award Recipient and would like to see them highlighted please contact me. Thanks to Mr. Jermankian and Mr. Hendershot for their dedication to a great profession!

The AMTA web site has just added another C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award recipient to the "Honor & Pride" link at WWW.AMTAUSA.COM. Click on this link and then on the "Knowledge, Skill & Integrity Pg. 4" link to read about Patricia "Pat" Hange. Pat is the FIRST women to receive this prestigious award. Today's AMTs owe Patricia our combined thanks for enabling our craft to have a proud past which in turn enables us to continue as professionals today and into the future.

The AMTA is also proud to announce that we are now working with the AMTSociety, WWW.AMTSOCIETY.ORG, in creating an AMTScholarships fund. This fund will be used to assist those with a desire to become licensed A&P Technicians. More details on this fund will be made as they are finalized. Learning all that is needed to become a professional AMT can become expensive. The AMTA and AMTSociety are proud to assist those who will be leading the future for our proud craft & profession! As always, thank you for your continued support in the AMTA and the AMT craft! Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

I nominate this person for the next award for going the extra mile:

Going the extra mile makes all the difference. Consider this, if a flight gets cancelled because you simply didnt go the extra mile the revenue lost exceeds what they took from you, thats just one flight. That first class seat to Shanghai you left placarded till the next overnight just cost them $20,000, or a years worth of savings. The ACM that stayed on placard cost them a few grand in fuel. The APU that ran all night another couple of grand. Even a nav light that continues on placard could cause revenue loss down the road, didnt fix the lavs because the nav light ran out of time, x seats could not be filled.

I nominate this person for the next award for going the extra mile:

bear96, what is it you are trying to say here? If you are a AMT you will know that if there are no parts available going the extra mile means nothing.

I am trying to promote our craft and you make what?

Back