U.S. National AMT Day Resolution

Ok, I'll play your childish "I'm better than you are" game.

Have you High Speed Simpleton ever had a couple hundred plus people on an aircraft, ready to depart the gate, and the aircraft takes a dump (breaks that is), and you troubleshoot the problem, fix it, and save the flight from being canceled???

Oh, this happens while its a hundred degrees or minus twenty, raining or snowing on the ramp, the gate agents and management are calling you constantly for updates, and the pilots are running out of duty time.

No??? Could you handle the pressure??? You should get out of your comfy air conditioned and heated shop in TULE and try it.

You wouldn't last a week.

Kisses.... your my hero HSS. :rolleyes:

When both the machinist and mechanic trades begin to understand that both are necessary to running an airline, the company will have less leverage over the workers. Considering the rampant egos on both sides, however, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

It's pretty simple to answer. Charlie was a Machinist....

By the old-time definition, both the mechanic and machine trades were considered 'machinists', the trade that builds and/or maintains machinery and related parts; either term was accurate.

Read through a Starrett tool catalog and you'll see 'mechanic' and 'machinist' used interchangeably.

We've got a contract coming up; it may or may not have been decided by the devils in the ivory towers as some have suggested but for certain, if there's no unity, we'll end up with squat. It wouldn't surprise me at all if each opposing group had company-paid rats to stir the pot for this very purpose.

Hell's bells, people; even Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (Marines) and the Pelican Molesters (Navy) don't get along this badly! Save the entertainment 'til after we get a decent contract - it's turning out we are our own worst enemy.

By the old-time definition, both the mechanic and machine trades were considered 'machinists', the trade that builds and/or maintains machinery and related parts; either term was accurate.

Read through a Starrett tool catalog and you'll see 'mechanic' and 'machinist' used interchangeably.

We've got a contract coming up; it may or may not have been decided by the devils in the ivory towers as some have suggested but for certain, if there's no unity, we'll end up with squat. It wouldn't surprise me at all if each opposing group had company-paid rats to stir the pot for this very purpose.

Hell's bells, people; even Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (Marines) and the Pelican Molesters (Navy) don't get along this badly! Save the entertainment 'til after we get a decent contract - it's turning out we are our own worst enemy.

I totally agree here Goose. The arguments must cease. I see you have only been associated with this site for a short period of time and my argument with Ken and his AMTA has been going on for quite a long time now. I do agree that the old time discription of a machinist may have been recognized as a mechanic, or "vice-versus". This is true. With Ken and his AMTA I do support his message. But have been critical as to who it was initially formatted to support.

I have been one who has carried on Charlies true trade. With never any defensive support from the AMTA director....

So in a "nut-shell"....

If you are not a licensed mechanic, which to my knowledge Charlie never was! Then with the history of the AMTA you are not worthy of the trade. I have yet to be convinced otherwise by the director of the AMTA.......

This is how I see the AMTA's message, see below....

You're not one of us, but we are proud to hang our hat on you..... :shock:

Hey hackman, Have you ever made the replacement part for the one that you had removed? How about the Bolts and Nuts that hold it in place?

Bolts and nuts have been made on automated machinery for decades. As far as making replacement parts, A+P's have to do it all the time. HSS, you are an insult to machinists everywhere. Why don't you come out of that shop and get your hands in some Skydrol? Have you ever machined a part on the Chicago ramp in the middle of winter? Or how about climbing inside an aircraft fuel tank to fix some leaks?

Bolts and nuts have been made on automated machinery for decades. As far as making replacement parts, A+P's have to do it all the time. HSS, you are an insult to machinists everywhere. Why don't you come out of that shop and get your hands in some Skydrol? Have you ever machined a part on the Chicago ramp in the middle of winter? Or how about climbing inside an aircraft fuel tank to fix some leaks?

Hmmm, My point further emphasized..... <_<

Wow, I have "knowledge, skill and integrity," so I guess I am an AMT too, even though I no longer work anywhere near airplanes?

Cool!
After reading your last couple of posts I would argue this post with you :up:

Hmmm, My point further emphasized..... <_<
I would say that most A&Ps respect the skills of machinists, it must something about you personally that illicits the responses you find so offensive.

I have often seen Al Blackman fabricate parts with the crudest tools, his skills as an A&P include being a fine machinist.

Ken started AMTA to bring recognition to those who work on airplanes, I would think that would include those who make the parts for them, you and bear96 apparently feel different.If you feel slighted or left out for some reason why not start an association for airline machinists?

I would say that most A&Ps respect the skills of machinists, it must something about you personally that illicits the responses you find so offensive.

I have often seen Al Blackman fabricate parts with the crudest tools, his skills as an A&P include being a fine machinist.

Ken started AMTA to bring recognition to those who work on airplanes, I would think that would include those who make the parts for them, you and bear96 apparently feel different.If you feel slighted or left out for some reason why not start an association for airline machinists?

The AMTA is a NON-profit organization that was created in 2002 to educate the public about the skill and responsibilities of today's AMTs. (Some people are unable to read AND comprehend the first page on the AMTA web site.) The AMTA is also trying to promote the AMT craft & profession.

Licensed AMTs are just one group of craftsmen that the AMTA is working for. There are many unlicensed AMTs in the military and manufacture, as well as overhaul, that are not licensed. But that makes them no less responsible for their part in the aviation maintenance field.

It is unfortunate that some people feel slightled because they are not specifically pointed out. re-read the National AMT Day Resolution on the AMTA web site. There are many people like Al Blackman that have come before us, as well as those like Al who were just as skilled & unlicensed, it is this work ethic and performance that I wish to bring to the public's forefront of thinking when aviation is concerned.

Progress is being made. And it is very simple. All it takes is for fellow craftsmen to support each other and our proud craft; licensed & unlicensed.

What are the requirements for an individual to be eligible for the C.E.T. Master mechanics award?

Are "Skill, Knowledge, and Integrity" superseded by anything? Or will this suffice?

Just curious.....

<_< ------- Hispeed, technically a A&P you and your colleague are not! But I believe you can say, without a doubt ,that with your unique skills, and the position you hold, you can conceder yourself an "Aircraft Maintenance Technician"!------ :up: That's what makes the term so great! It doesn't limit one to just A&P's!

What are the requirements for an individual to be eligible for the C.E.T. Master mechanics award?

Are "Skill, Knowledge, and Integrity" superseded by anything? Or will this suffice?

Just curious.....
<_< ------ The "only" other requiremnt is 50 years active aircraft experiance!!!------ :rolleyes:

MCI, I do appreciate your reply. But would like to correct the qualifications for an individual to be eligible for the C.E.T. master mechanics award since the director of the AMTA has not responded to the request and relying upon the information to be provided from his following which may not be accurate....This is straight out of his AMTA site and is intended as no disrespect to you MCI. Again thank you for your efforts :up:

See below.......

To receive this prestigious award an individual must have been in aviation for at least 50 years, have been a A & P licensed Mechanic 30 of those years. The must never have had their license revoked or any negative actions taken against their license.

"Skill, Knowledge, and Integrity is indeed superseded"......... :shock:

MCI, I do appreciate your reply. But would like to correct the qualifications for an individual to be eligible for the C.E.T. master mechanics award since the director of the AMTA has not responded to the request and relying upon the information to be provided from his following which may not be accurate....This is straight out of his AMTA site and is intended as no disrespect to you MCI. Again thank you for your efforts :up:

See below.......
To receive this prestigious award an individual must have been in aviation for at least 50 years, have been a A & P licensed Mechanic 30 of those years. The must never have had their license revoked or any negative actions taken against their license.

"Skill, Knowledge, and Integrity is indeed superseded"......... :shock:

Didnt the FAA determine what the requirement are? Send your complaints to them.

I have spoken with Sharon Wagener from Congressman Bob Filner's office this evening and she told me that HRES #444, National AMT Day Resolution, should be placed on the House calendar within the next week or so. Once the resolution is placed on the calendar it will go before Congress for a vote. This should all be done before May 24th. The feeling is that there will be no opposition for this important resolution and it will pass quickly. Once this is achieved I will inform everyone. But to help ensure this resolution gains Congress' full attention I would like you to contact your Congressman and remind them that HRES #444 will be coming up for a vote very soon and that their support is important to all AMTs.

The link to watch for to see when HRES #444 is placed on the House calendar is http://www.majorityleader.goc/. Thank you very much for your support in the AMTA and our goal of promoting the proud, skilled craft of today's AMT. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA