A New One--Flight Delays at PHL due to Grass Clippings

I haven't been on here in a LONG time due to lack of time....but you're kidding me, right? All that crap yesterday...all those folks who had connections....was due to grass clippings??? It's a good thing I didn't learn this while I was on the plane.....

But it gets even better. When we finally land at PHL and crawl our way to the gate, the captain makes the "stay seated until we're fully parked at the gate" blah blah blah announcement. We cccrraaawwwlll our way in....still moving, mind you...and a dozen+ people are in the aisle, opening overhead bins. These morons stop at the beginning of FC so clearly the FA can see them. Nothing was said. NOTHING. Overhead bins open, lots of people clogging the aisle. I get that these guys want to make their connections, but that's insane.
I'm sorry to hear of your diversion and sincerely hope it wasn't for "grass clippings".
The deal with the people standing up while taxiing in. :huh: ......
It's a physical impossibility for the passengers to arrive at the terminal before the aircraft does.
Nothing a little tap on the brakes wouldn't cure :ph34r:

:down:

They do fire frozen chickens into the engine during certification.

They're not frozen; but they are marinated in olive oil with lemon and herbs provencal.

FYI, there is no such thing as a diversion due to grass clippings. Guarantee it was for something a lot more serious but man-o-man... grass clippings? Why not a shaving cream delay or someone dropped a sucker on the ramp?

It is PHL that we are talking about.....anything is possible. Ever see the ground stops due to "Ships in the Harbor" that generally happen on severe clear days?

Back