Phl To Return To A Banking Hub In Nov

The city should have snatched up the land at the old Westinghouse Factory, demolished it and expanded the airport.

He is the Executive Vice President of Operations, those types of decisions have to be approved by him. He has total veto power of that type of decision.

Do you even work for US and know Crellin's disastrous record?

700UW said:
He is the Executive Vice President of Operations, those types of decisions have to be approved by him. He has total veto power of that type of decision.

Do you even work for US and know Crellin's disastrous record?
[post="296925"][/post]​

Okay. When would NOW be a good time for
Parker to re-evaluate PIT as a domestic hub,
leaving PHL to handle Interational hub duties?

To set the record straight, the de-hubbing of
PIT had nothing to do with PHL's supposed
higher O&D, or higher yield. It had EVERYTHING
to do with PIT having the most senior employees,
the most expensive office leases, and marginally
higher airport operating costs. In BK1, US
did what they could to reduce their costs, but
there was no other way to permanently
eliminate the high costs that stemmed from
the senior workforce other than to take
down the hub flying.

PHL is a rather large P.O.S., and will never
be anything else. As the old saying goes,
you can try to polish a turd, but in the end
you only have a shiny turd.

Now that the majority of the high costs have
been taken out of PIT, expect to see most
domestic hub flying return to PIT.

Just a question if anyone has an answer....

With the reduction of Mesa's US CRJ-200 flying and the Mesa CRJ-900's coming east and away from AWA's flying, is the Mesa CRJ-200 flying going west (to replace the 900's there)? In other words, are we just seeing a reshuffling of Mesa flying or an overall reduction of Mesa flying?

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
Just a question if anyone has an answer....

With the reduction of Mesa's US CRJ-200 flying and the Mesa CRJ-900's coming east and away from AWA's flying, is the Mesa CRJ-200 flying going west (to replace the 900's there)? In other words, are we just seeing a reshuffling of Mesa flying or an overall reduction of Mesa flying?

Jim
[post="297018"][/post]​

It's an overall reduction in Mesa flying. All of the former Mesa US flying is disappearing. The former Mesa HP CRJ-200 flying is staying the same, on the west, along with half or so of the CRJ-900 flying. The CR9s coming out east won't be replaced in the HP system, so there are some route cuts (particularly in the LAX and SAN focus cities) and frequency/capacity cuts elsewhere.

Light Years said:
I believe the current Mesa ERJs are going to thier Delta Connection operation, not sure if the CRJs are as well.
[post="297020"][/post]​

I think the CRJs are going to United, but I could be wrong.

I agree with you Spin Doc. Domestic flying will grow in PIT but it won't be with USAirways. It is going to grow with SouthWest.
I guess you haven't heard but U is cutting more flights in November and SouthWest is doubling their flights.

so, with over 50 posts and 3000 views, the only plausible suggestion for the re-banking of PHL is the change in the number of flights.

Where's Hawk? Truth? Fly?

I would really like some insight into this decision.

totobird said:
I agree with you Spin Doc. Domestic flying will grow in PIT but it won't be with USAirways. It is going to grow with SouthWest.
I guess you haven't heard but U is cutting more flights in November and SouthWest is doubling their flights.
[post="297053"][/post]​

Remember, pre-AWA we're dealing with some
really stupid people who don't know their butt
from a hole in the ground. Maybe Doug will
recognize the VALUE of PIT as a hub and
pull down some of the PHL flying in favor of
redistributing the flights to PIT.

With the senior workforce and facility
leases greatly reduced, there is no reason
to continue to spurn PIT.

MMW,

I'm guessing Philly will be focused! ;)

With regards to your request for insight, it is obvious you have no 'acumen'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Could this be a temporary move to enhance connectivity in the meantime, before a more diffuse network can be built?

On the other hand AWA employs a hub and spoke philosophy, doesn't it?

RowUnderDCA said:
Could this be a temporary move to enhance connectivity in the meantime, before a more diffuse network can be built?

On the other hand AWA employs a hub and spoke philosophy, doesn't it?
[post="297386"][/post]​

AWA is not trying to do a non-rolling hub operation at an airport that goes to single runway operation when a drop of rain hits anywhere in a 200nm radius.

Latest posts