Phl To Return To A Banking Hub In Nov

ringmaruf said:
What does appear in the November schedule are Mesa CRJ-900s. Now *those* are replacing the 737s. The CR9s show up in November on CLT-ATL/BHM/DFW/GSO/IAD/IAH/ILM/IND/JAX/MCI/MEM/MSP. CLT loses 20 mainline departures between now and November, and PHL loses 33. Stations losing *all* mainline flying include such small cities as ATL, MEM, BHM, MSP, STL...

[post="296650"][/post]​

So does this mean these "mainline express" stations will be gone the way of places like CAK, CRW, ROA, etc etc etc?? My best to all those folks who'll be losing their jobs.

700UW said:
During negotiations BBB and the German VP of Finance presented a powerpoint slideshow that showed PHL was the #1 money maker.
[post="296523"][/post]​

I have no doubt the Palace could gin up a PP presentation to support their decisions.

Did they also show ALL of the associated operating costs?

If not, typical Palace presentation.

ringmaruf said:
As for the Mesa/TSA flying, it's indeed leaving, whether US has announced it or not. All of the Mesa CRJ-200 flying is gone by the November schedule, and so it most of the Mesa ERJ-145 flying and the Trans States flying. So Air Wisconsin really is just replacing them.

What does appear in the November schedule are Mesa CRJ-900s. Now *those* are replacing the 737s. The CR9s show up in November on CLT-ATL/BHM/DFW/GSO/IAD/IAH/ILM/IND/JAX/MCI/MEM/MSP. CLT loses 20 mainline departures between now and November, and PHL loses 33. Stations losing *all* mainline flying include such small cities as ATL, MEM, BHM, MSP, STL...
That's what I was thinking as well--until I took a good look at the schedule. I counted 473 departures at PHL in November. Today, there are also 473 departures at PHL. The big difference is of course that mainline departures decreases from 190 to 157. But if the total number stays the same, it shouldn't decrease connectivity by that much--and lord knows it keeps the congestion issues the same.
[post="296650"][/post]​

Who is picking up the Mesa flying in CLT. I thought ZW was just taking over the PHL flying. Is PSA shifting south? We are a Mesa heavy station, that is why I ask.

Also how on earth can they be adding MORE flights to the already busting at the seams F Concourse. It seems to be slowly getting better, but more flights out of there is going to hurt.

Air Wisconson is taking over the "F" terminal(mostly) soon. I think by end of this month. Only because the lines have been painted already over on the B and C concourses for the EMB's...(lines meaning for the a/c to pull up to the jetways) and if you look into the future(end of september) for gate departures for the E170 it is already showing those flights depart from B and C. If anyone from the company is reading this...WHY THE HE!! CANT YOU PEOPLE GET IT TOGETHER AND TELL YOUR LOYAL EMPLOYEES WHAT THE HE!! IS GOING ON!!!!!! WHY SHOULD WE ALWAYS BE THE LAST TO KNOW????? :rant:

Folks in several outstations served (or "served") by PHL tell of the noticable reduction in delays resulting from de-banking. <Sigh>. Mr Parker, please tell us that going back to (over) banking was not your idea!

evprincess said:
Who is picking up the Mesa flying in CLT. I thought ZW was just taking over the PHL flying. Is PSA shifting south? We are a Mesa heavy station, that is why I ask.
[post="296670"][/post]​

PSA will be picking up most of the RJ flying in CLT.

This is what I came up with for the 50-seat RJ flying:

CLT 7/05 11/05
Mesa 120 83
PSA 27 43
Chautauqua 7 7
Air Wisconsin 0 12
Total 154 145

PHL 7/05 11/05
Mesa 90 5
PSA 57 33
Chautauqua 19 25
Air Wisconsin 0 140
Total 166 203

PIT 7/05 11/05
Trans States 41 19
Chautauqua 12 8
PSA 8 23
Air Wisconsin 0 12
Total 61 62

DCA 7/05 11/05
PSA 39 27
Chautauqua 17 8
Mesa 6 6
Air Wisconsin 0 23
Total 62 64

LGA 7/05 11/05
Chautauqua 56 57
PSA 7 4
Trans States 6 5
Air Wisconsin 0 3
Total 69 69

BOS 7/05 11/05
Chautauqua 15 10
Trans States 5 4
PSA 1 1
Air Wisconsin 0 2
Total 21 17

Dont call me Shirley said:
Folks in several outstations served (or "served") by PHL tell of the noticable reduction in delays resulting from de-banking. <Sigh>. Mr Parker, please tell us that going back to (over) banking was not your idea!
[post="296675"][/post]​

I pray that we're not going to get another dose of the famous Colodny/Schofield we've-always-done-it-that-way mantra from Doug Parker and the Tempe folks.

If so, we're doomed. ALL of us at US and AWA are doomed.

nycbusdriver said:
I pray that we're not going to get another dose of the famous Colodny/Schofield we've-always-done-it-that-way mantra from Doug Parker and the Tempe folks.

If so, we're doomed. ALL of us at US and AWA are doomed.
[post="296720"][/post]​

Not to worry. Doug is a common sense kinda guy. If it is true that PHL is going to banking and it doesn't work it won't stay banking....you can bank on it!

Latest posts