A New Safety Video Any Time Soon?

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
I know that there are much larger issues to tackle in this merger but are we EVER going to get a new safety video? That damn video is so old. It looks like the laptop must weigh about 10 pounds and the cell phone should have a battery bag. The hairdoo's.... Oh brother. Honestly with the new level off that matches.....is this being done soon?

I know that many on this board have seen this demo hundreds of times. Next time you see it watch for the one second shot of a black and white airport departure screen. They used LGA and I am not sure what date it is from but it was before the current USAirways terminal opened and that was in 1992. One of the flights shown is 577 which operated LGA-MCI-LAX, another example of how long ago it was filmed !

Cheers

LGA777

if you really notice at the end when the pilots are shown taxing the 757. the f/o has no eapuletts on. this is what happens when you see this thing day in day out.

if you really notice at the end when the pilots are shown taxing the 757. the f/o has no eapuletts on. this is what happens when you see this thing day in day out.

Actually etops1 better watch it again because the scene you mentioned is a 767. Otherwise good eye on the eaupuletts.

LGA777

Those flight attendants still with US?

Is that guy who demonstrates the life vest now one of the 300 lb guys wearing an aviator shirt with no undershirt or tie?

Actually etops1 better watch it again because the scene you mentioned is a 767. Otherwise good eye on the eaupuletts.

LGA777
ahh you sure it's a 767 . because those look like 757 windows my friend. and yes the f/a who demo's the life vest is still around . i think he is based in clt. the female f/a (Ana edited) left the company to take vcare of her twins. she got a rich husband. she was very fun to fly with .

ahh you sure it's a 767 . because those look like 757 windows my friend. and yes the f/a who demo's the life vest is still around . i think he is based in clt. the female f/a (Ana Castillo) left the company to take vcare of her twins. she got a rich husband. she was very fun to fly with .

I always hope one day I'll be on his plane. He's my favorite part of the whole video. I stop, watch and giggle.

the f/a who demo's the life vest is still around . i think he is based in clt.

He is actually an instructor in CLT.

Actually, the video is really OLD. If you notice sometimes you see an old safety instruction card and blue seats.

Not to be nasty, but I would hope they don't use that girl from the West that did the merger annoucement videos. Now the one from the East..... she is a beautiful woman and is very well spoken.

Sorry if any of you folks on here are friends with her or know her. She just isn't "video material"

I think it's one of the best in the industry. It took three days to film and was done ON film using panavision cameras. The idea was to add richness that you don't get filming on videotape.

I think it's one of the best in the industry. It took three days to film and was done ON film using panavision cameras. The idea was to add richness that you don't get filming on videotape.

I used to be an FA on the east side and now I'm over here on the west, I could not agree more!! I watch our video over here and it looks very sloppy and almost cheap and the one I watched for nearly two years over on the east is very rich and professional.... I can only hope the new one is somewhat similar... think i'll e-mail about that now! lol.

I always hope one day I'll be on his plane. He's my favorite part of the whole video. I stop, watch and giggle.

I giggle too. I think it's his facial expression.

Though my favorite part of the video is right afterward where they do the ending retro scene and the music comes up before going into the Spanish version.

Latest posts

Back