On Time Every Time

You are sure right about that except f/a and agents are the only employee groups with customer contact
This is sorta true but we have different priorities. G/As want to get the people on and out on time with as little hassle as possible. The F/As' number one priority (as well as the pilots') is SAFETY--it would not matter if we had to take a two hour delay to ensure that.

I must’ve had the room you were in last week. It smelled like someone had been burning tires in there, and there was a shower cap over the smoke detector.

You need to get some Don Thomas Panetellas at Duty Free. They don’t like drop ashes like those Tiparillos, which is important if you’re going to fire one up au naturale.

I must’ve had the room you were in last week. It smelled like someone had been burning tires in there, and there was a shower cap over the smoke detector.

You need to get some Don Thomas Panetellas at Duty Free. They don’t like drop ashes like those Tiparillos, which is important if you’re going to fire one up au naturale.
I'll have to ask my roomate what he/she prefers for me to smoke...I'll try to be considerate.

...or until we get to the hotel room that we are supposed to share with another crewmember now. How am I suppose to do my layover ritual of stripping naked and smoking my cigar?

Well, you can still do it but ya know pictures might end up on the internet. You have to watch out for those cell phones with cameras! /snicker

Well, you can still do it but ya know pictures might end up on the internet. /snicker

Not cool...I hear US Airways has some lame ass corporate department that googles/myspaces/facebooks all employees...can you say Dougweiser has too much time on his plate trying to get some w/ his hottest employees on base in PHX.

...or until we get to the hotel room that we are supposed to share with another crewmember now. How am I suppose to do my layover ritual of stripping naked and smoking my cigar?
Thanks alot USCREW...That is one mental picture I could have went all day without having.

Back to the on time thing. The "rats" have been instructed to close the cargo doors 5 minutes prior to departure no matter what and are not to reopen them for any reason. The question was asked what about last minute jet way bags, strollers and wheelchairs. "Leave them off was the response". "Rats" are being briefed and asked to sign something to show they were briefed.

Back to the on time thing. The "rats" have been instructed to close the cargo doors 5 minutes prior to departure no matter what and are not to reopen them for any reason. The question was asked what about last minute jet way bags, strollers and wheelchairs. "Leave them off was the response". "Rats" are being briefed and asked to sign something to show they were briefed.

Figures....So when the flight's full...and it's 5 min before dep time... should the pax not whine?

All these laminated sheets...

Just what have we've been doing for the last decade.....Come on Doug...

Get a clue....even Crellin had a an idea how to run the airline.....even Crellin....

And that's saying alot.....

Uh, I don't think you paid attention to the briefing. You're not supposed to leave jet way bags behind, even if it means opening the door for a few seconds. The goal is for customer service and cabin personnel to have ALL jet way and cabin bags available for the ramp to load 7 minutes prior to departure. Also, judgement is to be used when a bag runner shows up at the last minute. If the runner has more than 5 bags, then it is prudent to re-open the door and load them. If everyone is doing their part, then we can minimize controllable delays and meet the needs of our customers.

I am going to disagree with you on this one. It's more than depending on the person and how fast they can go.
If the company does not have enough ramp people to do the job then a flight waits.
If the ramp equipment is missing or not working this holds up things.
If weather enters the equation then that affects the operation.
If Rob the Ramper hurt his shoulder throwing bags but doesn't want to call off because he's at risk of losing his job, then that affects the operation.
If there is no one to drive a jetway to the aircraft then that affects the operation.
If the f/a's can't board passengers because they are still cleaning another airplane on the other side of the airport....guess what?
And the list goes on and on. It all comes down to proper tools, proper planning (up to date software, IT, etc) and enough staff to perform as humans not automatons.
Just imagine what a workforce that respects their leadership, works for a fair wage and feels respected could do!

You are an ACE! Hit a home run, out of the park. Not a better summation of the state of affairs.
Give the work force the tools to get the job done. Those in charge do not seem to have a clue. Apparently they dont care.
Fudge and cut corners and f### the work force, f### the passengers. seems to be the agenda. They appear to not care about REAL issues.
I challenge any one in management to contradict the above. Com'on, I dare you!