A real "pull together win together" program!

jetmechjer

Advanced
Aug 8, 2004
Continental Airlines profit-sharing takes off
Tuesday February 13, 3:39 pm ET

Continental Airlines on Wednesday will distribute to its employees their largest-ever share of the airline's profits.
In addition, the $111 million distribution is the highest profit sharing of any U.S. carrier this year, the Houston-based airline said. Continental operates at Sacramento International Airport.

"When we work together, we win together, and my co-workers are sharing Continental's success through profit sharing," Continental chairman and chief executive officer Larry Kellner said. "We all worked together in 2006 to deliver solid financial and operational results, and my co-workers will now receive $111 million in cash as a result of the best profit-sharing program in the industry."

In January, Continental (NYSE: CAL - News) posted a net income of $343 million for 2006, allowing the company to make its first profit-sharing payment since 2000.

Published February 12, 2007 by the Sacramento Business Journal

Continentals CEO stole Arpey's slogan of "Pull together - Win together" the difference is Continental actually knows what it means. Arpey should take a lesson from Continental :censored:

I read the article a while back.
It sounds good but the amount divided by employees equates to about 3K for each employee.

Our options are worth more

I read the article a while back.
It sounds good but the amount divided by employees equates to about 3K for each employee.

Our options are worth more

They did not give back in terms of concessions what AA employees gave back!

I agree! APPLES AND ORANGES!

<_< ----- And, where is the money coming from? aa profits? Or the open market? ---- Like the man said! "Apples, and Oranges!" Plan and simple! aa profits are going to the top aa executives! "Pull together, win together" is a farce!!!!

CO employees gave and gave during their two previous bankruptcies and then gave some more a couple years ago to prevent a bankruptcy filing; their $111 million is nice, for sure, but AA gave employees options on 38 million shares that are currently worth $33 profit each, or a total of $1.254 billion.

Continental (and its employees) is still about $1.143 billion behind AA.

Apples and Oranges? Nope.

Only in the minds of the perpetually disgruntled.

FWAAA hit the nail on the head. CO invented the concession line. A lot of the culture there is built on the CEO not being Lorenzo. That's a pretty easy hurdle to overcome.

CO employees gave and gave during their two previous bankruptcies and then gave some more a couple years ago to prevent a bankruptcy filing; their $111 million is nice, for sure, but AA gave employees options on 38 million shares that are currently worth $33 profit each, or a total of $1.254 billion.

Not only that, but AA has almost 2 and half times the employees than CO does (Using stats from May of 2005 and I wouldn't think that they would be materially different from now). And as FWAA pointed out, CO people were gang raped daily under Lorenzo pay and work rules for almost 20 years until Bethune came in in the late 1990s and raised their pay to just under the other legacies. I was part time when I received the options, which means that I get half of what full timers at the time got. Even with my "part time" options, they are still worth double what the CO employees got. If I had the "full time" option amount, it would have been quadruple the amount.

How exactly are these two the same?
The aa stock options are not profit sharing.
AA has its own profit sharing plan .It did not pay this year.
But keep being perpetually stupid.