A tribute to PSA

Other US planes in movieis:

Die Hard II - I'm trying to remember correctly if there was a scene at Terminal E at the old DEN Stapleton airport that had a US 727
Planes, Trains, & Automobiles did indeed have a USAir plane in it, but I think it was a DC-9-30 in the old red colors.

I don't remember the name of the movie, but the made for TV movie about the Air Florida crash in DCA had lots of DCA footage and showed a BAC 1-11 in it.

That movie was Flight 90: Disaster on the Potomac.

The scene in Die hard II was in the beginning as Col. Stuart (William Sadler) was stretching in his hotel room. It was a 737-300 I think. The 727 at the end is an ATA bird.

As for Planes, Trains & Automobiles, they must have shot the snow scene at one of the NE airports, because there were 4-5 DC-9's in the shot all in the 3 shades of rust livery.

In Police Academy 5, they filmed at the old PBI terminal. One scene has a clear view of the ticket counter, and a scene filmed at gates 1-3 you can see the tail of a 737 out the window.

Don't forget a USAir 727-200 is in a Go-Go's video!

In the movie "In Her Shoes", Cameron Diaz gets tickets in the mail for Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale on US Airways.

I miss the old usairways. back in the days when this airline had class. . .I remember the smell of those new airbus cabins and squeaky clean interiors

Me, too! My only regret is that I was a Kettle up until right after the first bankruptcy!

But to keep this thread on topic, there were also PSA signs in some of the subway scenes in THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS.