Gay couple rebuked for "kissing, touching" on flight

The request was inappropriate, period. No one would have complained had it been a straight couple. If you think otherwise, you're living in a fantasy. Also, I am absolutely sick of everyone using 9/11 to make up crazy rules and say we need to follow them.

There's an easy way to deal with this. The gay community has a large amount of discretionary income and they aren't afraid to spend it. Just alert the gay press and, trust me, there will be so much negative press that the gay community will respond.

I would have asked that the flight be delayed out of fear for my personal well being. Having that level of homophobia on a flight at 38,000 ft is dangerous and I would have wanted to get off that flight ASAP. The F/A herself committed a terrorist act, if you go by Bush's definition of what a terrorist act is.

Pardon my ignorence, but I'm stuck on the "Texas hair from the ninteen-sixties"....
What does that mean? What am I missing?
Or am I showing my age when I say was't the ninteen-sixties all about sex, drugs and rock n roll? Geezz doesn't anyone remember Woodstock? Pardon my rant.

Pardon my ignorence, but I'm stuck on the "Texas hair from the ninteen-sixties"....
Or am I showing my age when I say was't the ninteen-sixties all about sex, drugs and rock n roll? Geezz doesn't anyone remember Woodstock? Pardon my rant.

Despite widespread lies to the contrary, not every baby boomer was at the original Woodstock. :lol:

I hear "stewardess" and think of skinny girls in hot pants or really short skirts serving mostly men in suits with skinny ties, not big Anna Nicole hair. B)

Do you honestly believe that a person chooses to be gay?
Or are you saying that if your daughter acted like a tomboy you would have slapped that girl silly until she sat down and played with dolls? How do you make a child act like a girl or boy? I guess I'm from a totally different mindset....I raised my kids to believe that I loved them, no matter what. One has blonde hair, one has brown. One has blue eyes, one has brown. I never beat them up over those differences either. They didn't choose their genetics.

I believe that people are gay, in most circumstances, from birth. Therefore, they have every right to love whom they find an attraction to. There is much too much hate out there, why add more?

The flight attendants and pilot were completely out of line, IF the story in the OP is true.

(I have to wonder if all the straight men responding here would have acted differently if the two people snuggling up were females. Hmmmmmm ;) )
To your delight this will be my last post on this subject. Having been raised with both a straight and homosexual brother I could compose an endless diatribe of reasons to refute your belief but I won't. In the end we ALL turn to dust and our spirits either go to Heaven (my choice), Hell, Nowhere, or Everywhere. It is my belief I have a choice where my spirit will go. May we all choose wisely.

Vortilon, this is aviation related because I work for the largest airline in the universe and it's a free country. If you don't like the nature of this thread, don't click on it.

Sorry for the mix-up Fly (girl). I would rather NOT have my kids exposed to this kind behavior at such an early age IF I CAN HELP IT. Grown folk should know to refrain from such behavior if kids are present. I do.

Then by all means keep your children locked up at home. Gay couples should afforded the same rights and privaliges as anyone else. If they want o hold hands and or kiss in public so be it. If you do not want to see it, stay home and keep the shades drawn. Unless you start arresting / harrass hetero couples in the same maner for the same actions, you are the oe with the problem, not them.

You are a fine example of the binded America and Brits when it comes to anything sexual.

I call a foul. The Brits have boobs on page 2 (maybe 3, not sure it's been a while). I seen them with my own 2 eyes.... I swear. They can't cook but they have boobs on page 2 or 3. They are A-ok with me. LOL!

(I have to wonder if all the straight men responding here would have acted differently if the two people snuggling up were females. Hmmmmmm ;) )

I don't have to answer that do I? My wife might read this and well, that would put me in a bad possition.

it's one of those things that you just have to see. Think of a bee-hive on crack.

Absolutely emphatically NOT....!

I would have told them how disgusting and filty they were, then would politely ask those two gals if they would be interested in a Menage a Trois. :up:

Seriously though the boundry of innocent affection in public does'nt sound to have been crossed, yes had they been french kissing, panting, groping what have you then I too would say "hey guys, can't you at least wait until you get home to consemate"

I agree sounds like the F/A overstepped her authority, as well as the Captain.

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL???????????????

AMERICAN AIRLINES AND THE TWU HAVE BEEN SHOWING THIS SIGN OF AFFECTION FOR YEARS!

Absolutely emphatically NOT....!

I would have told them how disgusting and filty they were, then would politely ask those two gals if they would be interested in a Menage a Trois. :up:

\

TOO FUNNY! And if you are ever on our A330, I can tell you how to make that possible. Or at least where. ;)

In the end we ALL turn to dust

Does this mean when your homosexual brother dies be will turn to fairy dust? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It was just TOO easy.

Seriously though the boundry of innocent affection in public does'nt sound to have been crossed, yes had they been french kissing, panting, groping what have you then I too would say "hey guys, can't you at least wait until you get home to consemate"

I agree sounds like the F/A overstepped her authority, as well as the Captain.

Ah, a voice of calm, sensible reason.

Texas hair= big hair....Like this, but with even more Aqua Net. :lol:

dusty.jpg

Just my opinion but I wouldn't want to watch two guys doing whatever it is two guys do.....would you????
I don't particularly enjoy seeing a hetero couple "going at it" by holding hands or kissing, but they don't seem to have any inhibitions about doing such things in public. Should that behavior be "banned" too? Or am I not seeing the distinction you are trying to make.

So right now we really only have the impassioned story of oppression and injustice from one side only. I must have overlooked the part where the infringed lovebirds attempted to resolve the matter with AA following the flight. Maybe they did, maybe they went spinning off in a "tizzy" looking for a reporter.

As for the Captains role;

"Maybe an hour later, the purser approached Tsikhiseli and said that the captain wanted to talk to him. Tsikhiseli went up to the galley and gave the captain his business card. The captain told Tsikhiseli that if they didn’t stop arguing with the crew he would indeed divert the plane. “I want you to go back to your seat and behave the rest of the flight, and we’ll see you in New York,â€￾

Again, the sequence of events is from one side. All it takes is one comment left out of the narrative to change the whole context. I will note from experience that the Cockpit gets the reports of most of these low level problems 2nd or 3rd hand. I have seen more than a few times where the report is screwed up. As problems get more serious, the reports tend to get better. The cockpit will then decide in the interest of safety. Ever had a Cop tell you to walk away or some other directive even though he may not have the whole story? They, maybe like the pilot in this case just wanted the debate ended. Things like this can cause problems if let to develope. You may not like how the authority in charge ended the situation, tough chit, just take it up after the flight.

Garfield and FWAAA, You both are dead wrong on the pilots reaction without really knowing what information they had to decide with.

And the word IF is key, however many of us have seen power trips of crews and I feel many of us are reacting to that. Had a big deal not been made in the first place, it wouldn't had esculated to this. That ALSO is the reason many of us are upset or concerned. ;)