A320''s off the Shuttle April 6th

Hope777's comments are accurate. Here's the latest update on how the Shuttle will operate in the future:

1. DCA-BOS will be mainline A319s and will stay a two-class configuration. Management intends to offer two fares: one coach and one first class.

2. LGA-BOS & LGA-DCA will operate with only A319s with a single class configuration.

3. At some point in the future for mid-day flights, some of the A319s will be removed in the DCA-BOS and LGA-BOS & LGA-DCA markets and will be replaced by 70-seat RJ's, presumably the EMB-170/175 that could be operated by MidAtlantic Airways.

The intent is to match capacity with demand, rightsize the airline, and re-deploy the A320s and A319s into Caribbean and higher density markets to maximize revenue and reduce costs, provided the pilot pension issue is resolved.

Frugalflyer, AA Eagle is averaging 5 passengers and no walk up fares per Shuttle flight.

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 10:02:39 AM cat 111 wrote:

These CLOWN'S don't have a clue. It makes too much sense to run full airplanes down to Florida.Not this time of year !!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

It'll probably occur to them around May, when nobody cares much anymore....they used to run the Metrojet schedule to Florida all summer, with very few passengers..no wonder they weren't happy with the results.. I used to fly Metrojet all the time during the winter, and those planes were usually quite full, and fares not necessarily much different than the leisure fares to most other places right now..Delta is going to slam what's left of US BOS/FL business once they start up Song from here..

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 7:45:56 AM AAG2000 wrote:

Interesting...Delta is doing the same thing. They're putting 733's on the Shuttle and using the all-coach 738's for mainline leisure routes. I guess the shuttles aren't doing so well...could it be Acela, or just general sluggishness in business travel?
----------------
[/blockquote]
One of the main reasons DL is pulling the 800's off the shuttle is because of Song. Pulling mainline 757's has created somewhat of a void for longer haul routes, and the 800's were needed to fill in. DL decided to pull the 73G's out of storage to cover the loss of the 800's.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 8:53:06 PM chipmunn wrote:
Frugalflyer, AA Eagle is averaging 5 passengers and no walk up fares per Shuttle flight.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

Ouch!!! Thats got to hurt.

(unless 4 pax is their break even load factor)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 8:53:06 PM chipmunn wrote:

AA Eagle is averaging 5 passengers and no walk up fares per Shuttle flight.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

Incorrect.Having ridden both the BOS and DCA flights and actually being in the terminal when those flights are boarding I can report there are quite a bit more than 5 passengers on average on those flights.

As for the fares, I rather doubt you have access to the PNR's to determine the fare paid by the passenger.

Will DCA-BOS w/ two-cabin A319's be marketed as US Airways or the US Airways Shuttle?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/7/2003 11:03:49 AM LGA Fleet Service wrote:

Incorrect.Having ridden both the BOS and DCA flights and actually being in the terminal when those flights are boarding I can report there are quite a bit more than 5 passengers on average on those flights.

As for the fares, I rather doubt you have access to the PNR's to determine the fare paid by the passenger.
----------------
[/blockquote]

It is amazing what you can learn if you have one friend that works for AA or Eagle with access to Sabre. The point, it isn't hard to find out this information - especially if you are very familier with Sabre.