AA again named best domestic first class airline by Global Traveler magazine

Yes, of course they do. They provide bigger bonusses/promotions for management. (Now, don't you feel better?)

Bitter, party of one! Your table's ready.

I don't have much experience on flying other carriers other than the international ones when I go on vacation, but I don't think our FC product is anything to write home about domestically. Are the other carriers that bad, that we are simply the best of the worst? The other day I served a breakfast that consisted of cereal and abag of the mixed nuts we sell in coach.... I mean, come on?!?!?!

That sounds like a catering goof. I hope you wrote that up. I've not yet experienced a cereal and mixed nuts tray. My pet peeve these days is that they are obviously putting the dinner salads on the tray before they sprinkle on the feta cheese. Every single navy blue tray cloth ends up with a dusting of feta on it. Very attractive, and particularly appetizing for the F/C passenger.

Well, that and the bottles of white wine that are frozen solid top to bottom. How long are they packing them in dry ice????

That sounds like a catering goof. I hope you wrote that up. I've not yet experienced a cereal and mixed nuts tray. My pet peeve these days is that they are obviously putting the dinner salads on the tray before they sprinkle on the feta cheese. Every single navy blue tray cloth ends up with a dusting of feta on it. Very attractive, and particularly appetizing for the F/C passenger.

Well, that and the bottles of white wine that are frozen solid top to bottom. How long are they packing them in dry ice????

How about beef pot pie and chicken pot pie or that nasty salad with the raw beef on it.

I agree that the other airlines must be frighteningly bad.

How about beef pot pie and chicken pot pie or that nasty salad with the raw beef on it.

U r funny. :lol:
Seriously, has anyone seen a copy of this Globe Traveller magazine? I have never heard of it. Personally, I read the ratings and comments posted on http://www.airlinequality.com
and I see Travel and Leisure Magazine in stores and airports, but Globe Traveller? Who's their readership?

U r funny. :lol:
Seriously, has anyone seen a copy of this Globe Traveller magazine? I have never heard of it. Personally, I read the ratings and comments posted on http://www.airlinequality.com
and I see Travel and Leisure Magazine in stores and airports, but Globe Traveller? Who's their readership?

I thought the same thing. It seems that Laurie Curtis, aka Pollyanna, is thrilled with the "honor".

Are you referring to the cob salad which has strips of meat that looks like road kill..........

I don't have much experience on flying other carriers other than the international ones when I go on vacation, but I don't think our FC product is anything to write home about domestically. Are the other carriers that bad, that we are simply the best of the worst? The other day I served a breakfast that consisted of cereal and abag of the mixed nuts we sell in coach.... I mean, come on?!?!?!
US.. or should I say America West domestic first class is horrible. Plastic party cups for all drinks including wine. The hot meals are nothing more than pre 911 coach meals served on a cold dish. Very small portions. I could go on but you get the point. I flew on AA this past Sept from BOS-MIA on real tickets and was impressed that there were 2 flight attendants in f/c.. both working in the aisle from a cart. Not bad for a 757. Coach was better also but only because you had a movie.

Beware of the beef fajita salad.... we had one left over so i had it for lunch and I had the squirts for two days after. IT did NOT agree with me at all.

To any non AAer reading this thread, please don't get us wrong when we make fun of this award. It is just that we are well too aware that AA has a long,long road to go in the service department. We have seen so many cutbacks in all service areas including quality and quantity of meals, closet space, magazines, pillows, blankets, playing cards, childrens wings, etc,etc. When I work flights to Europe I have to laugh at our "International Flagship Service".
Just as one tiny example, we are still serving those tired sourdough hockey puck rolls in first and business class. When you look at the menu they call them "artisan" bread. Give me a break! And, don't even get me started on our "on time" performance. We are consistently on the bottom of the list. So when management sounds their trumpet about some award we got for service we have to kind of roll our eyes. As someone else said on here, how bad must our competitors be?

I was on a 75 the other day. The first class seats look like a larger version of the coach seat
whats up with that??

Although there were six rows or maybe 8 instead of the usual 4.
:down:

Beware of the beef fajita salad.... we had one left over so i had it for lunch and I had the squirts for two days after. IT did NOT agree with me at all.

Now, now. I've had that salad, and it's not that bad. Granted the meat looks like they forgot to refrigerate it for a week or so, but it tastes ok. I won't say great or even good, but it tastes ok.

(Actually, the meat looks like they left it on a sidewalk in Tucson in August for a week or so, but I'm not going to say that in public where our competitors might see it and steal the idea.) :shock:

Now, now. I've had that salad, and it's not that bad. Granted the meat looks like they forgot to refrigerate it for a week or so, but it tastes ok. I won't say great or even good, but it tastes ok.

(Actually, the meat looks like they left it on a sidewalk in Tucson in August for a week or so, but I'm not going to say that in public where our competitors might see it and steal the idea.) :shock:

You've got a stronger constitution than I have.