AA and the west..

AC AA LA FA

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
mars
www.usaviation.com
With UA..targeting SJC with its new LLC will AA respond with its new arsenal of lower costs/productivity increases on the west coast. There is a large FF base in the SFO/SJC area, and to protect it it seems a must..I would think SEA PDX SNA LAX SAN PHX DEN-to return to AA-at least out of SJC-and to sustain the new transcon price sensitive markets out of SJC it would be foolish to not to do something-
any thoughts?

----------------
On 5/30/2003 6:18:56 PM AC AA LA FA wrote:

With UA..targeting SJC with its new LLC will AA respond with its new arsenal of lower costs/productivity increases on the west coast. There is a large FF base in the SFO/SJC area, and to protect it it seems a must..I would think SEA PDX SNA LAX SAN PHX DEN-to return to AA-at least out of SJC-and to sustain the new transcon price sensitive markets out of SJC it would be foolish to not to do something-
any thoughts?

----------------​
I sure hope that AA gives UAL a run for its money in SJC. But having seen several false starts (start-stop-start-stop etc.) in SJC by AA over the last 14 years, I''m not holding my breath.

The gutting of the APA scope clause could be good news for AA''s West coast service - if AA can find financing for another 50 or so RJs, AA should be able to serve the cities you listed to feed AA''s NRT flights and Eastbound long-hauls.

And not just SJC/SFO, but LAX as well. DFW has over 200 Eagle departures daily, and ORD has nearly 200 each day.

Surely LAX and SJC/SFO can support many more RJ flights to feed the mainline - can''t they? I hope so.

People are flying RJs up and down the East Coast, why not the West Coast?