AA and US?

We didn't want them, and we really don't want you either.

US East flight attendants and pilots are hardly the people who should be commenting about fairness and disdain considering how you have treated the US West employees thus far. The funny thing is that almost 20 years after the PI merger, you are all still fighting the Civil War (or as I am sure you would refer to it, the War Between the States.)

This is one of the most blathering, idiotic posts ever. Grow up and get over yourself. You do not work for the world's best airline anymore, so quit AActing like your poo doesn't stink. Go bAAck to the AA boards and mind your business. You don't work for US (THANK GOD) and you have no idea what is really going on in this company, so don't pretend to be an expert simply because you have no life and read US Aviation too much.

PAAthetic.

In all seriousness, we all need to quit the speculation. What will happen will happen, regardless of anyone's disdain or dislike for another airline and their employees. The spite StrAAight has for any airline employee not at AA is AApalling. US East IMMEDIATELY welcomed the US West FAs -- with DOH seniority...no big dramas. MOST US employees, east and west, are happy to see each other and know that once we are combined and contracts settled, this airline will surpAAss unimaginative companies like AA. While US lowers their fuel costs and increases their fleets, AA will scramble with the world's largest, most fuel INefficient fleet and crumble. It's okay, though -- US will welcome all of you with open arms.

In the position that US will not be split off?

- Continental should put it's money else where as opposed to Pheonix with all the trouble that would come along with it.

- Why would Continental Help American gain US Airway's CLT, PHL, DCA, LGA, PIT, and Boston in exchange for Las Vegas and Pheonix?

- Pheonix is a large city where American could just concentrate on O&D and as a reliever for LA.
I happen to agree with you for the most part.

I NEVER thought that I'd be "opining" on this possibility,..............But here goes anyway !

The MAIN reason I think it WILL happen, is the Value of LCC assets ..vs...the amount of (AA) money spent to acquire them. (LCC DOES have assets, as you LCCers already know)

AA is sitting on $4.9Billion.
Lets "say" AA acquires LCC for $900Million(AA still sitting on $4Billion, PLUS any $$ LCC brings to the deal)

***** Before I go any further, I want to say, that US Airways would bring a LOT of Human assets to the table as well(and already SABRE trained)

1. *** AA winds up with the Looooong coveted BOS/LGA/DCA shuttle
2. *** AA winds up with MORE non-shuttle gates at LGA, and DCA(assets in their own right)
3. *** AA winds up with(very near) the Top carrier in PHX, and LAS
4. *** AA winds up with a "ready made (GOOD) hub, in CLT.
5. *** AA winds up with MUCH NEEDED A-330's to replace the ancient A-300's, and ("needed") 757's
6. *** AA winds up with a PIT asset, and a City willing to bend over $$$ backwards for AA(something historically, that AA is "use to")
7. *** AA winds up with a (very soon) New CHINA route, to go along with their own..09' China route.
8. *** AA winds up strengthening their Dominance, in the caribbean.
9. *** AA REMAINS the #1(by FAR and AWAY) carrier to South America
10. ** AA Gains MANY more Atlantic routes(I'll save the PHL ABORTION, for last.
11. ** AA gains a HARD working Work force, who has been severely mistreated for years, and is Very anxious to show what they can do, once the shackles have been removed !!!
12. ** AA Rids the Industry of incompetence aka. Parker/Tempe :down:

Now to PHL.

Is PHL an Abortion ?............ABSOLUTELY.

(Here is where I wish AA still had Crandall), because he would have told the PHL fathers that he's pulling a lot of flights OUT of PHL, until they show valid signs of "getting their act together"(as much as possible), while strongly reminding the state of PA. that PIT is "ready and able"

As you "LCC old timers" remember, Crandall had the states of NC, and TN..jumping through HOOPS for AA($$$$$$$)

As you LCCers know well, despite the many problems, PHL makes money on O+D traffic !

And finally, AA gets all this for a(hypothetical) $900 Million, while UAL is "paying through the NOSE" for CO.

??????

Excellent analysis. You even remembered Pittsburgh existed.

I just think Philadelphia would stay. And Las Vegas should and would go.

Add Raleigh and Nashville to the mix and US/American could really dominate the east coast. They [Nashville, RDU] would probably get the axe though.

Wasn't so long ago, that AA would have "coughed up"..$300M for the shuttle alone, so , as Clint Eastwood would say......................."For a Few Dollars More"................you get the whole Enchilada.

THIS is making more and more sense, the more I think about it !!!

Besides,..........Piney BOB, and Art in ISP etc, .........deserve the best :up: :up:

What about an AA-US-AS hook up? We could use Sea or Anc as a depature point for Asia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" gaucho "

Just "sit tight" my friend.

I'm starting to get a "warm and fuzzy" feelin', that this "BAD BOY" (link up) is gonna' Go DOWN(like in It's gonna happen)

Morons like Parker/Tempe...may very well be ... HISTORY...in the very near future !!

As the old saying goes........."Good things come to those who wait", .and GOD knows, you cats have been waitin' for an Eternity !!!!!!!!!

Just ........"hold on tight" !!

I hope we don't merge with them! They'll just start closing bases just like Reno Air and TWA. They also better not DARE staple us at the bottom. Heads will roll !!!!

Now, NHBB. You know the Dr. said that smoking those funny cigarettes with no label was bad for your lungs.

1. Where did you get the VERY mistaken idea that LCC could be had for $900 million? They have over twice that in cash alone. Your deal might make sense at that price, but if LCC for $900m, why not just up the ante to $1.5B and buy SWA instead? :lol:
2. Exactly what events in the past 10 years have lead you to believe that AA is willing/wants to go head to head with WN anywhere--much less at PHX and LAS. What about PDX? SJC? DAL? (Now, there's a rivalry where we came out on top!) BTW, WN is increasing their f/a base at LAS from 500 to 1200 even as we speak. Think they might be increasing operations at LAS?

As I see it, the only asset in your analysis that we might want is the Shuttle. Taking on the whole airline with their current workforce seniority issues that have yet to be settled after almost 3 years is a huge price to pay for that asset. BTW, all of their gate/ticket counter agents are unionized. Do you really think AA wants to add our agents to that mix? I don't.

jimntx,

There is a "TSUNAMI" rapidly approaching, and I respectfully think, that your being a bit cavalier towards IT.

Should AA be the LAST train(SOON) to depart the station FOREVER, I'm guessing that LCC ....MAY....want to be PUNCTUAL, and NOT miss it.(for a few Schekles less).

(Your right about LCC's COH($$$) though)

Buckle in..........EXTRA tight everyone.

"THIS" batch of turbulence will NOT be forgotten anytime soon !!

Nashville and Raleigh/Durham got the axe years ago, insofar as being significant connecting points. RDU is barely a focus city and the only non-hub/focus route left at BNA is DCA.

RDU was unsuccessful located so close too (at the time) IAD, MEM, CLT, ATL. A lot has changed and a lot is about to change. If it goes like this UA-CO & DL-NW ...... CLT would be an over night success for AA. If it is US-AA ... I think you will see a lot downsizing on the US system after the merger. A lot of downsizing could be done by not renewing RJ agreements going forward.

I hope we don't merge with them! They'll just start closing bases just like Reno Air and TWA. They also better not DARE staple us at the bottom. Heads will roll !!!!
Oh but they will.
Every airline they purchased was stapled to the bottom (reno, twa). I don't recall them ever "merging" with another airline, does anyone know whether they have merged with another airline, and if so how did it go?

Oh but they will.
Every airline they purchased was stapled to the bottom (reno, twa). I don't recall them ever "merging" with another airline, does anyone know whether they have merged with another airline, and if so how did it go?
TWA was stapled, not sure that Reno Air was. QQ was not in BK when they merged. AirCal was not stapled. Of course the route networks of OC and QQ were pretty much dismantled. And to some extent so was that of TWA.

Of course, management didn't do that out of generosity, they did that so that they could fly around with two FAs. :rolleyes:

...And $50-per-hour mainline pilots.

Another feather is the recently-departed union's cap.