"aa Better Off In Bankruptcy"

twuer

Veteran
Jul 9, 2003
www.usaviation.com
It seems that a letter from Delle has surfaced. Written in the last few weeks or so, it was to a member of the TWU in response to a letter that this member had sent to him. It is quite a lengthy note from Delle I must say!! The usual amfa BS from none other than the almighy leader himself. I'd say by the tone of the letter he was a bit on the defensive and must not have been in a very good mood at the time he wrote it!! :( Such professionalism on his part. He actually told this member that if he stays with the TWU "that he is screwed." Nice!!

I must share the part of the Delle letter that just about floored me!!! We have often talked of the possibility AA bankruptcy on these boards and if I may say so there was not too much support for it. I think there might have been at first from some of the amfa supporters but after seeing what UAL (et al) have gone through since bankruptcy the opinions shifted and the topic died down. Well, well, well, guess what??????? Delle in all his wisdom while trying to convince this TWU supporter how good amfa is actually told him that AA WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF IN BANKRUPTCY!!!!!!! What the hell does he know about AA that gives him the right to make such a comment?? This little man does not care a bit about the members. If he did he would not support bankruptcy as the only alternative!!! I have NO DOUBT that if amfa were to get in at AA that we would go down the same road as UAL and NWA!!!! NO DOUBT!! This industry has not stabled out and is still at risk of a major downturn. I can see it now. . .amfa in, another downturn and BAM Delle (with all his crap!!) pushes bankruptcy. MAJOR CATASTROPHY for the members at AA.

Now, I doubt there will be much response from you amfa boys about this but I believe that a great big light has turned on and things are so much clearer now!!!! Delle is a fake, he doesn't give a crap about his members and will take the easy way out when given the chance. Why should he care if his members are laid off, why should he care that work is outsourced???????? I hope that the members who support amfa being in at AA will come to their senses and realize that amfa is not the union we want representing us. You should be angry that a man like Delle is even trying to get in at AA. I am angry that he is even representing anyone. Those poor folks at UAL and NWA didn't stand a fighting chance wiht Delle at the helm!!! He is a wannabe leader just like the amfa boys on these boards are amfa wannabes. He will destroy unionism as we know it!!! That I have no doubt. Look at the damage he has caused so far.

We want NO part of amfa or it's leader at AA!!!!

Now, you big, bad amfa organizers go back and tell Delle what I have posted and you can tell him what a piece of crap that I think he is and see if he cares to respond. But I won't hold my breath!!!! He is a little man who will be the demise of unionism!!!!!!

twuer, first off, the whole AMFA drive has me scratching my head. With AMFA's history out there in the open and with the obvious direction Delle is wanting to lead our industry these guys still are loyal to the midget, go figure.

Ever wonder what perks have been offered to Delle and the real-estate tycoons by the airline companies, to allow our work to go to 3rd party? That must be part of Delle's intent by stating AA would have been better off in BK. AA has got to catch up to NWA by Delle's statement...oh boy, what a guy. No wonder he won't show his face in KC on Saturday. To bad, just a bit of a surprise will be had by all. :ph34r: :eek: :ph34r:

I have been somewhat following these threads and the "movement" of the AMFA for about the last few months or so here at AA. I am an A&P mechanic at AFW. Have been for 10 years now. I have never had any problems with the TWU, have been a proud TWU member but I have to admit AMFA has stirred up interest. Especially since the last round of concessions. I am not here to side with the AMFA so much as to make a comment. Maybe to clear up a few issues for myself and others here at AFW who are somewhat "confused" by it all.

I chose this topic to post under because I am concerned with the comment from the AMFA director Mr. Delle-Femine. Why would he think that AA would have been better off in BK? Is he that knowledgeable of AA (of the "books") that he can make that call? I have seen the cause of BK on the other carriers and really wouldn't take that road if at all possible. I myself voted for the concessions because of that reason to keep us out of BK. I believe it would have been devastating for a lot of people.

I would like to hear the two sides on this issue. Thank you.

Bill J.

WHAT?????? No comment amfa boys???? What's the problem????? Dont' want to stand by your leader this time?????

Oh the shame!!

And Bill, I doubt you will here much from amfa after this one. I do have an opinion reagding this whole thing. . .TWU is the better union. . .period.

Delle sold 'em short at NWA and UAL and now look where they are. They are going after the retirees at UAL now. 4800 jobs lost at NWA under the watchgul eye of Delle and his puppets.

Why would he think that AA would have been better off in BK? Is he that knowledgeable of AA (of the "books") that he can make that call?

He thinks he is apparantly.

for myself and others here at AFW who are somewhat "confused" by it all.

Confused-just the way amfa wants you to be.

Maybe you will get something out of these amfa supporters here. Not sure. By what you said in your post you are already familiar with the TWU. Good luck in getting anything up front out of amfa. Beware, they trach talk the TWU but won't put up solid information on amfa.

Yappity, Yappity, YAP, YAP, YAP...

You sound like yapping dog that just figured out there is going to be an election and you are going to lose.

And Jim Little said we would re-vote and that this was the only way for the ratification to have legitimacy. Do you stand behind everything your leader says?

Oh please, post the letter for all to read. What else did this letter have to say?

You can take all the one liners you want, but you are out of here.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT A CORPORATE BANKRUPTCY, THIS ABOUT A PROFESSION.

The Concept of “Craft or Classâ€￾

This is Federal Legal concept “Craft or Classâ€￾

In accordance with the Railway Labor Act, the Federal Government has decided that certain work groups have a mutuality of interest at the bargaining table and in advancing worker related issues, and that groups outside of that particular craft or class should have no participation in how the union is run or at least in the initial decision as to who represents that work group. And so Pilots vote with Pilots, and Flight Attendants as matter of law are prohibited from voting with the Pilots. And in turn, the Pilots are prohibited by law from voting with the Flight Attendants because they are considered to be in different Craft or Classes by the National Mediation Board. And Mechanic and Related Workers within the Airline Industry are entitled by law to vote just amongst themselves.

Supporters of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) believe that it comprises our mission to remain associated within a union structure with other crafts or classes that according to Federal Government do NOT share our mutuality of interest. The mission is further compromised when we remain associated with other crafts or classes within the union structure of “majority ruleâ€￾ and our particular craft or class is the minority in size. The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) is the only union in this current debate at American Airlines that says “We will forbid ourselvesâ€￾, it will be unconstitutional for us to go and represent baggage handlers, flight attendants, or passenger service clerks, and we will not let ourselves do that because this would compromise our mission. We wish the baggage handlers and other crafts or classes on the property the very best, but they cannot pick our pockets, we wish them to get the very best on their own, but they should no longer be allowed to ride on our backs. In other words, it is time for the airline industry to decouple the mechanic vs. baggage handler pay and benefit structure. It is suffice to say that since deregulation of the airline industry which since enactment has created enormous competition and pressure on airline ticket pricing, and that has resulted in the craft or class of mechanic and related workers suffering in economic buying power, and especially when compared to the Pilots and Flight Attendants who at American belong to craft specific unions. In the mid 1970’s, the Flight Attendants of American Airlines were also represented by the Transport Workers Union of American (TWU), and just as the mechanics today seek a change to a craft specific union, they also left the TWU in favor of the independent Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) The craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American Airlines can no longer afford to remain in an organization that advocates a linking of different work groups that according to law do not share a mutuality of interest.

Regardless of good or bad economic times, and regardless of whether the union is negotiating concessions to prevent a bankruptcy filing or negotiating from economic growth with corporate profits, the formula by which the economic pie is divided amongst the union membership is a union decision. The recent concessions are a clear case in point, because American Airlines was demanding $620 Million in concessions from the TWU, but how those give backs were divided up was a union decision, not a company decision. And the facts are clear, that the craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American took more than our fair share of that amount, and it is also clear this was a union decision.

AMFA IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR SKILLED TECHNICIANS

TWU informer said:
Yappity, Yappity, YAP, YAP, YAP...

You sound like yapping dog that just figured out there is going to be an election and you are going to lose.

And Jim Little said we would re-vote and that this was the only way for the ratification to have legitimacy. Do you stand behind everything your leader says?

Oh please, post the letter for all to read. What else did this letter have to say?

You can take all the one liners you want, but you are out of here.

The Concept of “Craft or Classâ€￾

This is Federal Legal concept “Craft or Classâ€￾

In accordance with the Railway Labor Act, the Federal Government has decided that certain work groups have a mutuality of interest at the bargaining table and in advancing worker related issues, and that groups outside of that particular craft or class should have no participation in how the union is run or at least in the initial decision as to who represents that work group. And so Pilots vote with Pilots, and Flight Attendants as matter of law are prohibited from voting with the Pilots. And in turn, the Pilots are prohibited by law from voting with the Flight Attendants because they are considered to be in different Craft or Classes by the National Mediation Board. And Mechanic and Related Workers within the Airline Industry are entitled by law to vote just amongst themselves.

Supporters of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) believe that it comprises our mission to remain associated within a union structure with other crafts or classes that according to Federal Government do NOT share our mutuality of interest. The mission is further compromised when we remain associated with other crafts or classes within the union structure of “majority ruleâ€￾ and our particular craft or class is the minority in size. The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) is the only union in this current debate at American Airlines that says “We will forbid ourselvesâ€￾, it will be unconstitutional for us to go and represent baggage handlers, flight attendants, or passenger service clerks, and we will not let ourselves do that because this would compromise our mission. We wish the baggage handlers and other crafts or classes on the property the very best, but they cannot pick our pockets, we wish them to get the very best on their own, but they should no longer be allowed to ride on our backs. In other words, it is time for the airline industry to decouple the mechanic vs. baggage handler pay and benefit structure. It is suffice to say that since deregulation of the airline industry which since enactment has created enormous competition and pressure on airline ticket pricing, and that has resulted in the craft or class of mechanic and related workers suffering in economic buying power, and especially when compared to the Pilots and Flight Attendants who at American belong to craft specific unions. In the mid 1970’s, the Flight Attendants of American Airlines were also represented by the Transport Workers Union of American (TWU), and just as the mechanics today seek a change to a craft specific union, they also left the TWU in favor of the independent Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) The craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American Airlines can no longer afford to remain in an organization that advocates a linking of different work groups that according to law do not share a mutuality of interest.

Regardless of good or bad economic times, and regardless of whether the union is negotiating concessions to prevent a bankruptcy filing or negotiating from economic growth with corporate profits, the formula by which the economic pie is divided amongst the union membership is a union decision. The recent concessions are a clear case in point, because American Airlines was demanding $620 Million in concessions from the TWU, but how those give backs were divided up was a union decision, not a company decision. And the facts are clear, that the craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American took more than our fair share of that amount, and it is also clear this was a union decision.

AMFA IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR SKILLED TECHNICIANS
Oh believe me Informer, as soon as I get the letter in my hand and get the permission from the person it belongs to I will certainly post it!!

Delle is a fake and we all know it!!!! Defend his statement then Informer!! We are all waiting!!!!!

Oh and the two aren't realated?????? Tell that to the mechanics who lost their jobs because of bankruptcy Informer. It has everything to do with a profession!!! You're a real gem Informer. The only losers are amfa!!

DEFEND YOUR LEADER INFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, FEAR,

The boogie man is under the bed.

FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, FEAR,

The boogie man is under the bed.

FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, FEAR,

The boogie man, the boogie man, the boogie man.

You guys make me sick. You are nothing more than a bunch of fear mongers thriving and surviving on fear.

Tell the truth twuer, if Jim Little would have followed through with his re-vote statement, what would the membership have decided?

BANKRUPTCY without a doubt and you and everyone else knows this is fact!

So quit acting as if that statement is something of huge relevance. Your own members would have followed that statement if they were actually given a legitimate vote. In fact, I bet if given another chance to vote even today, that would be the outcome. It is only those that attempt to defend the undefendable that are using a campaign of fear and intimidation to brain-wash everyone into to thinking otherwise.

Do you ever consider what the membership might think? Or do you just shoot from the hip attacking AMFA? Never mind, the answer is obvious, don't even bother to fear us out again.

Quote by twuer
Concessions were voted on Bob. Can I curse those before me for their vote? No I can't

TWUER:

What do you have to say about those Tech Services guys that voted down the contract in Tulsa and got told by the TWU they were going to accept the contract anyways?

I repeat they voted DOWN the contract and told they would be accepting it anyways!!!

Thrustfuljet said:
TWUER:

What do you have to say about those Tech Services guys that voted down the contract in Tulsa and got told by the TWU they were going to accept the contract anyways?

I repeat they voted DOWN the contract and told they would be accepting it anyways!!!
Now, Now,

Let's not confuse everyone with the facts when twuer is on a roll BS'ing everyone into a fear frenzy!

It has been reported that AA wants to reduce it's maitenance costs another 17%.

If the union is asked to give up more pay are you,TWUER, going to agree to give up say another 17%.
If there is another threat of Bankruptcy will you accept another pay cut.

Well, people I work with say they will not. They can't take another hit like last
April's cuts. I'm willing to bet you, TWUER, won't do it either.

With that in mind, will the employees of AA be better off under BK?
I don't expect you to answer, TWUer, but I'll bet you think on it for a while.

It must be close to election time. The twu wannabes are going to have to go back to work soon. The "ONLY" way the mechanics at AA and the AMFA would have let the company go into BK would have been by a "LEGITIMATE" vote by the membership. The AMFA and the AA mechanics craft and class would have looked at all the options, unlike the twu who runs and hides at the first sign of trouble. As always there are two sides to every story. Looks like the majority likes the AMFA side.
Do the twu wannabes know about 1/2 paid sick days?? You do know you'll have to report for work on Memorial Day.

Keep the Faith..........VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!

Latest posts