Is AMFA in Distress?

Oh really?

And why is it that the outside vendors have taken over floor space in the Turbine Building where union workers use to operate equipment and work components?

Ask your vigourous RO committee why the cf6-80c2a5 engine components go out the back door via the GE cage on the west side of the turbine building. The Whole Engine is outosurced! Called Power by the Hour.

Why is it the Turbine RO Committee just distributed a $47 million dollar per year list of outsourced components asking if we can do the work in-house to keep the over manned workforce busy?

Maybe the TWU challenges management as you say, but the end result of the challenge is obviously huge amounts of outsourced work.

You can pipe dream and pretend all you want, but look at the facts instead of what you are told to say.

Chromolloy, Pratt & Whitney, and General Electric, all have floor space inside the trubine building to manage the huge outsourced work volume. And this floor space was occupied by TWU workforce just 8 years ago.

Oh really?

And why is it that the outside vendors have taken over floor space in the Turbine Building where union workers use to operate equipment and work components?

Ask your vigourous RO committee why the cf6-80c2a5 engine components go out the back door via the GE cage on the west side of the turbine building. The Whole Engine is outosurced! Called Power by the Hour.

Why is it the Turbine RO Committee just distributed a $47 million dollar per year list of outsourced components asking if we can do the work in-house to keep the over manned workforce busy?

Maybe the TWU challenges management as you say, but the end result of the challenge is obviously huge amounts of outsourced work.

You can pipe dream and pretend all you want, but look at the facts instead of what you are told to say.

Chromolloy, Pratt & Whitney, and General Electric, all have floor space inside the trubine building to manage the huge outsourced work volume. And this floor space was occupied by TWU workforce just 8 years ago.

I do not work in Tulsa, but the reason you have an RO committee is to investigate, respond and challenge where need be. If you are aware of items that need investigating, don't you as a member have a duty, an obligation to speak out. You have the biggest local, with great resources

I do not work in Tulsa, but the reason you have an RO committee is to investigate, respond and challenge where need be. If you are aware of items that need investigating, don't you as a member have a duty, an obligation to speak out. You have the biggest local, with great resources

If you dont work in Tulsa, then you have no clue how large the outsource work problem is. I've got news for you, having an RO committee and meetings with management, accomplishes nothing.

You are brainwashed and repeating what you have been told instead of knowing any facts.

Speak out? "THEY CAN DO THAT BROTHER"

We have had carrot after carrot dangled in our face about third party work and there is enough of our own AA work outsourced to keep the over manned crowd busy. But instead, we keep everyone with their thumbs up ass and doing nothing. Speak out to who?

You are the typical TWU bubba leiver, "We have a commmittee, or I am on the committee" and therefore there cannot be a problem!

AMFA is the poster child for the "I GOT MINE MENTALITY".

AAFSC,

EAL would still be flying today if the 'pilots' crossed the picket line.

The "I GOT MINE MENTALITY" goes 'wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' beyond AMFA.

B) UT

AAFSC,

EAL would still be flying today if the 'pilots' crossed the picket line.

The "I GOT MINE MENTALITY" goes 'wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' beyond AMFA.

B) UT
Didnt the Pilots and TWU represented Flight Attendants withdraw their support for the IAM after a period of time?

TWU Informer you are the typical finger pointer. One can sit and point or wade into fight. No organization has all the answers and no organization is immune from criticism. No one is completely satisfied everytime. This business never has satisfied the members going back to the regulated days. Unions react to situations, part of the union business is adversarial. Your comments for awhile have been the same old saw, so you either need to decide can I be part of the solution, or do I continue to sit on the sidelines and point. Better check your finger nail, you might need a manicure!!

Yes there is an RO committee. We have committees that discuss how to have more commitees. Commitees are a great time filler. Commitees are an excellent solution to leave a problem unsolved (indefinitly). It sounds like you could use a commitee!!

Didnt the Pilots and TWU represented Flight Attendants withdraw their support for the IAM after a period of time?

As an IAM member for UAL, I walked picket duty in support of the strike at EAL (as I do for the AMFA at NWA). I did not see an FA on the EAL picket line (but I did get a wink once in awhile :up: as they walked past our picket :down: to work their flight) at SFO so I do not know what their game was. But I do remember that the EAL pilots that were on strike and on the picket line were the ‘only’ pilots there.

Zero support from their ALPA ‘brothers and sisters’. :down:

B) UT

The TWU locals have a vigorous RO program in place and routinely challenges the company on this issue, and has been successful in the arbitration arena.
Oh really, can you give me the case numbers of these successful RO arbitrations, I want to pull them up to read.

try M-2478-02, or M-1449-03
You're going to need to post a link to these cases or just post them. I called my local official, they hate that on Saturdays, and asked for a copy of these two cases.

The answer: if they were out of this local, we might have a copy for you to read only. Any other local, you're out of luck and no copies will be given out.

I know the second one is the AFW inspection case, what was the first?

Yes, Bob, you are correct. The pilots called off their sympathy strike after a while. The F/As did the same. So when EAL finally closed the doors for good,it was just the IAM walking a picket line.

I appreciate your responses and as always I agree with some, disagree with some, blah, blah ,blah. But the above does interest me, which airline and is this from a factual source or amfanuts?
The airline was said to be horizon. Since I did read this on AMFAnuts it can be a little suspect. I tried to find a horizon/AMFA seniority list on their AMFA website but was unable to do so. But it does not really matter if he works for horizon or not because he is still the number 2 man at AMFA making a good salary. One would think that there would be recalls of officers by the AMFA membership for the humiliating defeat at NWA.

The airline was said to be horizon. Since I did read this on AMFAnuts it can be a little suspect. I tried to find a horizon/AMFA seniority list on their AMFA website but was unable to do so. But it does not really matter if he works for horizon or not because he is still the number 2 man at AMFA making a good salary. One would think that there would be recalls of officers by the AMFA membership for the humiliating defeat at NWA.
I did send out an email on this. I did find that Horizon has 60 or so openings. The one thing about the salaries I do recall seeing somewhere that the National officers went to zero salary when the strike began. The 2005 LM2 is not posted yet, so I can't confirm it yet. I'll hold out for confirmation on both topics before commenting on this.

As far as a recall, it don't take much to do, so it is obvious that many more are satisfied with the outcome compared to the scab hangout at amfanuts. If the amfanuts position was so popular, they have the perfect forum to run a recall petition off of, I doubt they ever will.

Now the humilating defeat, the strikes still on and NWA is flying much less people then this time last year and more then likely boosting AA's loads. It took almost two years for EAL to go out of business, we are only at 8 months.

What I do find ironic about this whole thread is that it was started by management when an AMFA drive at AA hasn't taken place in well over a year. The sudden return of many staunch twu supporters who have returned to support their management partners position really has me thinking that a major screwing is right around the corner. :shock:

Yes, Bob, you are correct. The pilots called off their sympathy strike after a while. The F/As did the same. So when EAL finally closed the doors for good,it was just the IAM walking a picket line.

The ‘Humiliating defeat’ will be due to the lack of support by entities that supposedly call themselves ‘unions’.

B) UT

If you dont work in Tulsa, then you have no clue how large the outsource work problem is. I've got news for you, having an RO committee and meetings with management, accomplishes nothing.

Just about every part I change has a sticker on it from some outside vendor, at least once a week I see the truck from Air Treads or Goodrich, not sure, come and pick up all the tires.

What is the percentage of work that is shipped out anyway? TWU proponents talk as if everything is done in house, but we all know thats not the case.

Seems that I recall reading some figures a few years back that listed AA as the biggest spender on outside contractors, by a wide margin.

TWU Informer you are the typical finger pointer. One can sit and point or wade into fight. No organization has all the answers and no organization is immune from criticism. No one is completely satisfied everytime. This business never has satisfied the members going back to the regulated days. Unions react to situations, part of the union business is adversarial. Your comments for awhile have been the same old saw, so you either need to decide can I be part of the solution, or do I continue to sit on the sidelines and point. Better check your finger nail, you might need a manicure!!

"into the fight"? "adversarial"?

You are talking about the same "working together" TWU, that represents the mechanics at AA?

Seems to me, there is no fight, there is no adversarial part anymore. It is all kiss ass and be company union men. Sorry observer, but I do not see that as a solution, so count me on the sidelines. That's right, I am the big bad finger pointing disgruntled union member, because the turth is, there is no fight left to wade into. If you see a fight to wade into, let me know, and I will show up.

I noticed we were talking about outsourced work and RO committees, and you go to the "members are at fault" routine. You are true blue TWU alright. Is this your first time in management?

Back