AA Cancelled my Reservation

Upon clearing Customs in DFW? How far do I need to go to check in my luggage for the PHL leg? Is everything in D or must I go with it over to A/C?

You won't need to drag them more than a couple hundred feet from the claim area.

Unless you're on a nonstop to PHL, you're going to have to recheck your bags after clearing US Customs. Most airports (including DFW) have re-check belts right at the exit from Customs.

Personally, I'd avoid checking bags altogether. Another point to consider for transiting the UK is the strict adherance to the one carry-on restriction. Flying out of the US and other countries, I'm usually able to bring my rollaboard and briefcase on a business class ticket.

Flying out of LHR and LGW since last year's terror ring bust in London, I've had to check the rollaboard each time I've gone thru.

You won't need to drag them more than a couple hundred feet from the claim area.

Unless you're on a nonstop to PHL, you're going to have to recheck your bags after clearing US Customs. Most airports (including DFW) have re-check belts right at the exit from Customs.

Personally, I'd avoid checking bags altogether. Another point to consider for transiting the UK is the strict adherance to the one carry-on restriction. Flying out of the US and other countries, I'm usually able to bring my rollaboard and briefcase on a business class ticket.

Flying out of LHR and LGW since last year's terror ring bust in London, I've had to check the rollaboard each time I've gone thru.
OK Thank You very much. It sounds like my first int'l trip will be easy. Again Thank You!

Don't know how long it's been since you've been to DFW, but Terminal D is definitely comparable to most Euro-hubs, including has showers for C & F pax and/or Admirals Club members, shopping, sit-down restaurants, and the ability to transit all terminals (including to other airlines) from airside without having to go thru security screening between terminals.
It has been a while. What you write is certainly an improvement. All that being said, I'd rather take a shower after arriving, not before departing, on the red-eye.

The last time I went to Europe, I flew non-stop from LAX to LHR and then continued on the Eurostar to the continent. I do miss the LA - Paris non-stop.