AA Cancels Pilot Furlough

I'd agree that the pilots dodged a bullet. If and when AA cuts its route network further, APA's members would be better served by leadership that can recognize opportunities for mutual benefit by working with the company, instead of constant contrarian opposition.

I'd agree that the pilots dodged a bullet. If and when AA cuts its route network further, APA's members would be better served by leadership that can recognize opportunities for mutual benefit by working with the company, instead of constant contrarian opposition.

My suggestion is for you to educate yourself on the history of the last 3 years. Find out how much APA spent on "working together" and "recognizing opportunites for mutual benefit" and then see how the company responded. A rough guess is APA spent more than $1 million dollars on "working together".

AA implemented a few things in recent years that APA members have suggested for over 15 years. I've noticed who is patting themselves on their backs ad nauseum for things said long ago.

APA would have behaved differently had a real furlough been possible. The downside is that we've had no furlough clauses before, only to be tossed when a real furlough came about.

My suggestion is for you to educate yourself on the history of the last 3 years. Find out how much APA spent on "working together" and "recognizing opportunites for mutual benefit" and then see how the company responded. A rough guess is APA spent more than $1 million dollars on "working together".

AA implemented a few things in recent years that APA members have suggested for over 15 years. I've noticed who is patting themselves on their backs ad nauseum for things said long ago.

APA would have behaved differently had a real furlough been possible. The downside is that we've had no furlough clauses before, only to be tossed when a real furlough came about.

Yo Mach... it's pointless to even argue about it. It's clear that this message board is populated by pro management folks who have absolutely no clue as to how AMR's modus operandi works. You give, we take. It's always been that way, it is in the company culture.

So to all you folks who would LOOOOVE to get in bed with AMR management, have at it. We've been down that road before, and woken up on the floor more than once.

The company burned the bed. I'm getting a new one but they can sleep on the floor this time.

By working together, you mean working 20% more hours for less pay, plus allowing the company to outsource even more jobs by just capitulating on 70 seat aircraft? Mutual benefit!!!???

That's a good one. Put the crack pipe down and snap out of it fella.

Corporate Weaasle here. Best to be ignored.....

By working together, you mean working 20% more hours for less pay, plus allowing the company to outsource even more jobs by just capitulating on 70 seat aircraft? Mutual benefit!!!???

That's a good one. Put the crack pipe down and snap out of it fella.
Thats exactly what he means. Mutual benifit means working more for less in his book.

Latest posts