Aa To Recall 390 Flight Attendants

jimntx said:
And, I'm sure that you refused all of your raises during that period, "for the good of the company in the future." :p
No, I did not turn it down. I did ask about it though and I was told I could not. On the other hand, I did not ask for the raise either. I did not strike or threaten to go on strike when the company did not give me what I want. I never asked to be paid more then other reservation agents, SABRE tech support reps or crew schedulers at other airlines. I have never asked for a “industry leading contractâ€. By the way, just for your information, we have not seen a raise in well over 3 years (unlike the Pilots, FA’s, rampers ….) and we took a cut on top of what we never got. One other thing I would like to mention about raises. In the jobs I have held with AA over the years my raises have always been based on merit. Was it always fair? No, there were times when I think I got screwed and others who would not know a screw driver from a blender were rewarded handsomely. But I would and do prefer a system with a few flaws over a system that rewards people pure bases on their existence.

I do believe that during the good times we were entitled to a modest increase. A majority should have been invested and squirreled away for when things got ugly. I already know that the second the contracts come up for modification and renewal that all the union pukes will want everything they lost back and then some (pain and suffering) regardless of what the economic situation may be and the cycle will start all over again.

Something everyone would do well to keep in mind is that if someone is willing to do your job for less, you will start to price your self out of existence. There is a reason more vehicles are being built in non union plants, that we call India for tech support, that Nike makes their shoes in sweat shops in Asia. Companies are greedy. If they can make more money and get rid of their pain in the ass lazy US employees they will. For all you folks out there who are “non-skilled†workers like me (6 weeks of training), and that includes FA’s (8 week training course), bag handlers, cabin services … etc. You are not a precious commodity. During the last FA strike there were people lined up around the block to take your place. Yea yea, you are there for our safety … big whoop. You see everyday how much value our life has to the federal government. They just want a warm body on the plane. Customer service? If that thought keeps you warm at night go for it. It is the all mighty dollar that rules this world with a steel fist. There are very few folks like my self who will pay extra for quality. I bring my car to the dealer because they have always done the work right the first time and they have treated me fairly.

Upsilon,

Sorry. I meant no offence. I was just using it as a cliché.  So we are in agreement that he is a spoiled brat?

Garfield I took no offense; but just wanted to point out that his writings indicated immaturity rather than age. And, yes, we agree he is a brat.

hi guys/gals. this is my first post to the group and i cannot tell you how i feel about MOST of the posts i've read on this recall topic. i am one of the 390 to be recalled dec. 2. i would like to sincerely thank those of you who have welcomed us back. but as i saw a friend at jfk who told me the rumor of the 390 being seasonal i almost died. i just spent the past week flying to nyc to find an apartment. i plopped down almost 4k for the place. when i got the news of my return to aa i could not stop crying for about a day and a half. i was soooo happy. but to come on here and hear all this negative stuff....is very sad. i mean do you guys even want us to come back? just from reading this thread i am so scared that i am really thinking about pulling out. you guys have a job. granted you also put your tears, sweat and blood into it, but i still think you should not be scaring us like some of you have. it is very immature and very childish. as for the cancelling of the leaves. i don't know about that. but i do know that they signed up to take this time off to save our jobs. and i am very grateful for that. also i would like to thank people like miaami and a few others who did take up for us "seasonal help" as you guys like to call us. do you guys even know what that does to our morale? what do you think we will be like returning to AA knowing that we are "seasonal"? do you want to fly with us knowing that we know you guys think of us as some outsider? it almost seems like you guys are treating us like scabs. it is very sad that we can't count on our company, our union (i think) or even our colleagues who don't want us back; ie "the leaves should be back first".
why can't we all just look at this as a happy event. 352 people are going to be employed, for however long that is. but still that is 352 people who will have something to look forward to. 352 people who have dropped everything in their lives to just live out a dream.

sorry to be so dramatic and sorry if i offended anyone. oh and btw. i spent all of my 3 and a half years at lga and jfk and also i am only 24. i hope that you guys don't think that all people like me are bitter. i really love my job.

fliboi78....from one "outsider" to another I wish you the best of luck returning to a job that you obviously love and miss. There will always be unhappy people that try and drag you down..."don't let the B!@&#s win."

Welcome to USAviation and welcome back to you and all of the other recalled FAs. I look forward to more flying with you and the others so you will continue to be with us.

Best Wishes,

Y

Latest posts