AA capacity cut 7%

Question folks from someone who does not works in the Industry just a Flyer, but regarding IOR in Summer (When they get the 4th London Back and with some TATL Flights going back to Daily) would this flying go back to IMA? Also could they do like send a IOR Crew on a 757 and then send them on a 737 flight providing there qualified on it? I think the 757's use the same # of FA's as the new 737-800 with 160 I may be wrong though.

Yes, they can (and do) mix equipment on the same sequence. Well, at least they do in domestic. I see no reason why they could not also do that in International--as long as the f/a crew is qualified on both a/c. As for pilots, I know that 757 and 767 cockpits are interchangeable, but don't know about the 737.

We sometimes see domestic sequences that are basically a S80 sequence, but have a 737 leg or legs at some point. If a sequence is a 757 sequence, they may substitute a 767 in an mx situation. Of course, in that instance an additional f/a has to be added to the crew. I was on a sequence last year where the LAS-DFW leg was a 767 because our 757 was broken.

IMA has a majority of SEQ's that are 73, 75 mixed. Thats why you always see 4 FA's on the 737 INTL and not on DOM.

It is my understanding that the new 737s will be used strictly domestic as they will only be partly over water equipped.
any confirmation on this..?

also.....

The movement of flying between bases is based on one thing and one thing only...cost.
As much as one might like to beleive that Debbie, Tim, APFA anyone else involved has a say in the outcome of where the flying will go..the 'optimizer" at crew resources will make that determination based on $$$$$.

The movement of flying between bases is based on one thing and one thing only...cost.
As much as one might like to beleive that Debbie, Tim, APFA anyone else involved has a say in the outcome of where the flying will go..the 'optimizer" at crew resources will make that determination based on $$$$$.

Oh, really. Well, that may be true in International, but in Domestic, flying is being moved from SLT which is a relatively junior base to LAX, DFW, and ORD which are the most senior bases. How does that improve the cost basis? :lol:

The matrix on which sequences and bid jobs are factored out involve more than hourly rate of pay of the crew(s). The job of CR is to balance headcount and allocate flying to bases that will optimize productivity.

I know from hard past experience that fighting the powers that be in regards to flying based on seniority, body clock adjustments, lost time per base, crew ratings by survey..etc....all mean zero when the "Optimizer" says XYZ will fly SEQ123 for less than ABC...

Oh, I know. I was just trying to be funny. I was told by someone in SLT management that the reason we lost another 3 bid positions from Sept. to Oct. was that we had 3 people take the VBR. When I pointed out that LAX-D had 15-20 people take the VBR, yet they gained 20 bid positions from Sept. to Oct., I got no response other than a "deer in the headlights" look. I have dismissed talk of closing the SLT base in the past as just talk, but I'm beginning to wonder. As of Oct. 1, we have 370 active flight attendants in SLT, but we only have 249 bid positions. The additional 121 have to be on vacation relief (which usually entails some availability), availability, or reserve. There are 94 of us just on AVBL and RSV.

Back