Can American promote 19000 employees?

Times are so tough that you can't have your measly dollar increase but we're not going to fire any of our useless managers, we're not going to stop useless manager's increases, and we're NEVER going to stop bonusing ourselves into the garbage can. Right....... :rolleyes:

Way to go Carpey and crew......make our frontline employees angry so the passengers stick around.

This is great:

The company has been granting general 1.5 percent pay increases to union and nonunion employees since 2004, with the unions getting the increases in contracts they signed in 2003 as American was trying to stay out of bankruptcy.

Like it's some grand altruistic gesture...please.You took pay,vacation,holidays,sick time,even the damn uniform off my back, then deigned to toss me back a measly 1.5 percent a year, meanwhile the cost of every single thing we consume has exploded with double digit percentage increases (triple in some cases).

Not surprising, given CPI growth for 2008 was flat to negative, and that's the benchmark most companies follow when determining annual adjustments.

Not surprising, given CPI growth for 2008 was flat to negative, and that's the benchmark most companies follow when determining annual adjustments.

Run that one by me again please.

Tell the group how in 2008, you managed to spend the same or less than 2007 when you filled
your gas tank, bought any food item, shipped anything, drank anything, paid any utility bill, ect.

Unless you live in Venezuela, me tinks' you spent more in 2008. :rolleyes:

I don't make up CPI. That's up to the gubment...

Believe it or not, transportation and energy were both down on a 12M average, enough to offset the increases elsewhere.

This just shows how desperate the company is to save cash. Unlike the rosy projects made by certain interested parties, the available evidence points to continued losses and cash drain for AMR in 2009 and probably most of 2010 as well. With debt maturing and new finance hard to come by, preserving cash is the right approach.

This just shows how desperate the company is to save cash. Unlike the rosy projects made by certain interested parties, the available evidence points to continued losses and cash drain for AMR in 2009 and probably most of 2010 as well. With debt maturing and new finance hard to come by, preserving cash is the right approach.
AMR desparate to save cash huh? I think that $300+ million in management bonus money might help with the "cash drain".