AA F/A's contract

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/01/american-airlines-group-and-its-american-and-us-airways-flight-attendants-reach-deal.html/

all of the Flight Attendants at the new American will be reaping the merger’s benefits by February 2015 at the latest – an unprecedented timetable in airline mergers.

What a great union, not only do the FA's get more stock then mechs, they got back what they gave up in BK, got 9.9% match for 401k for FA's over 50, and they will have a new contract by next Feb, where the TWU members have to wait until sept 2015 just to get an average of what the unions from other airlines got their members(excluding SWA the highest paid airline mechs). Except Delta, where the management gives them raises, without union representation.

NO-UNION, or at least no TWU!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
We are getting what we negotiated.  And, I think we have all had a life lesson over the past several years of just how productive having two union groups who preferred to spend their days dissing and suing each other rather presenting a combined front to the company in negotiations.  (Think pilots.  Think US Airways.  hint, hint)

Reactions: 9 people
jimntx said:
We are getting what we negotiated.  And, I think we have all had a life lesson over the past several years of just how productive having two union groups who preferred to spend their days dissing and suing each other rather presenting a combined front to the company in negotiations.  (Think pilots.  Think US Airways.  hint, hint)

Look what the AA pilots did to the TWA pilots, and what the US Air pilots did to the America West pilots, now those two union groups are going to negotiate a contract, "together" I see nothing but fences around wide body a/c. 

Reactions: 1 person
Bigjets,

If your company uses SWA to compare anything, say outsourcing, then your union will then have the right to use SWA as a comparative,  for wages and compensation (401K and PS).  Our company tried to pull the "we can't use UPS as a comparative as they are a cargo company and they don't haul passengers"  well, our dispatchers proved them wrong with a mediator and was successful using UPS's wages and compensation.  We, as mechanics, will be doing the same thing, when it comes time for the economics part of negotiations.  Our company likes to drag out nego's in order to get most to jump on the first offer out there, little do they know, we don't care how long it takes as retro will be part of the compensation or they will not get a new contract, period, we will continue as is, status quo, which is better than what I have heard they want, keep it as is, but never, NEVER forgo RETRO!!!

swamt said:
Bigjets,

If your company uses SWA to compare anything, say outsourcing, then your union will then have the right to use SWA as a comparative,  for wages and compensation (401K and PS).  Our company tried to pull the "we can't use UPS as a comparative as they are a cargo company and they don't haul passengers"  well, our dispatchers proved them wrong with a mediator and was successful using UPS's wages and compensation.  We, as mechanics, will be doing the same thing, when it comes time for the economics part of negotiations.  Our company likes to drag out nego's in order to get most to jump on the first offer out there, little do they know, we don't care how long it takes as retro will be part of the compensation or they will not get a new contract, period, we will continue as is, status quo, which is better than what I have heard they want, keep it as is, but never, NEVER forgo RETRO!!!
Well the thing is, the averaging out of our salary in sept 2015 is part of the contract, which means the TWU specifically did not include SWA wages, they include Delta, UAL, and USair.. Why the TWU would keep out the highest wages for an airline mechanic is a mystery wrapped in a riddle smothered in secret sauce.  

A good question for the TWU is, how was the APFA, and APA able to do so much better for their members in bankruptcy contract negotiations then the TWU?

bigjets said:
A good question for the TWU is, how was the APFA, and APA able to do so much better for their members in bankruptcy contract negotiations then the TWU?
Hey Overspeed/NYer care to answer this one?

Rogallo said:
Typical TWU stooge answer!

Insults is as creative as your mind can get?

When you can't contribute towards the debate without using insults then it is quite clear who is on the informative side.

Do your best in trying to "label" someone you obviously can't handle intellectually since that only proves how your views are shallow and only have one purpose which is to advance your personal agenda.

Carry on.

I'm sorry I insulted you. The truth sometimes hurts!

The question was:  How was the APFA, and APA able to do so much better for their members in bankruptcy contract negotiations then the TWU?

Your Answer: We each lost 17% in the value of the contracts.

Is that all your superior intellect can come up with?

Rogallo said:
I'm sorry I insulted you. The truth sometimes hurts!

The question was:  How was the APFA, and APA able to do so much better for their members in bankruptcy contract negotiations then the TWU?

Your Answer: We each lost 17% in the value of the contracts.

Is that all your superior intellect can come up with?

The truth sometimes hurts!