AA management moves into TWU Top spot

I think he might have been a supervisor or workload planner at one point.

So what? There are hundreds of employees at AMR who may have been a supervisor at one point in their career but fell back into a front line position. Some were downgraded because they were incompetent, some were because of management RIF's and were allowed to downgrade into a vacancy that they were qualified for. Most of the people I know who returned to the front line chose to downgrade because they found being a supervisor to be absolutely thankless OR because it offered very little flexibility for their personal lives (little or no opportunity for CS'ing when necessary).

But, because it makes a great soundbyte for the folks upset with the TWU, why he left the position is entirely irrelevant.

Excuse me, but there is a huge difference between "hundreds" of employees that fell back into front line positions versus one that falls back to negotiate labor agreements, sign off on concessions without further ratification of the membership, and claims in writing that the Union Consititution requires membership ratification of amendments or changes to the collective bargaining agreement, and then later testifies in Federal Court the exact opposite position to cover the dastardly deed done for management.

One other thing to notice, it is a management person who is constantly covering for him, and claiming our valid complaints are nothing more than sound bytes.

Why don't you advocate a BALLOT in the membership's hand conerning Mr. Little from Management, and then we will truley see what the membership thinks. That is of course unless McNamara at the American Arbitration Association counts the ballots again. Then I am sure Management Puppet Little would prevail regardless of the balloting.

One other thing to notice, it is a management person who is constantly covering for him, and claiming our valid complaints are nothing more than sound bytes.

Really? I honestly don't really care one way or the other who represents you or who runs the union which represents you, so why would you think I'm covering for him? Or are you referring to some other suck-up kiss-a$$ management person who is constantly supporting him? I know it's easy to confuse us since we all blend together....

I don't question your concerns over how Little and the TWU have represented your interests. But I'm a bit puzzled over why you bother wasting any time nitpicking about what is/isn't on his resume instead of attacking his voting record.

Rightfully so, the board at Radio Shack is far more concerned about the fact their CEO is due to be in court on his third DUI arrest than they are about the fact they're now finding out he made up the college degrees showing on his resume and original job application. If nobody bothered to validate that when he joined the company, shame on them. He obviously performed well enough to ascend into the CEO position (it also goes to show that yes, you don't need an MBA to be a CEO).

How that relates to Jim's situation is that whatever his pay grade may have been at one point in his career, it obviously wasn't big enough of an issue when he first ran for a leadership position in the TWU. There's a world of difference between being in management and being a manager. A supervisor is really nothing more than a crew chief without job protection or a union contract.

Bringing it up now won't change anything, except perhaps to taint someone else who might have spent time as a supervisor (and corrected that obvious error in judgement) from being able to get into a leadership position in the future...

Union Bosses Only Use Elections When It Suits Them

"Today, organized labor embraced organizing tactics bypassing Board conducted secret ballot elections. The AFL-CIO reports that more than 80 percent of newly organized employees in 2002 were organized through corporate campaigns and bargained-for neutrality and card-check agreements ... Interestingly, while organized labor and certain legislators advance card check and eschew the secret ballot election process for certifying union representation, they embrace the secret ballot process as a check on an employer's withdrawal of recognition."

-- John Raudabaugh, National Labor Relations Board http://edworkforce.house.gov

I think he might have been a supervisor or workload planner at one point.

So what? There are hundreds of employees at AMR who may have been a supervisor at one point in their career but fell back into a front line position. Some were downgraded because they were incompetent, some were because of management RIF's and were allowed to downgrade into a vacancy that they were qualified for. Most of the people I know who returned to the front line chose to downgrade because they found being a supervisor to be absolutely thankless OR because it offered very little flexibility for their personal lives (little or no opportunity for CS'ing when necessary).

But, because it makes a great soundbyte for the folks upset with the TWU, why he left the position is entirely irrelevant.
Is anyone suprised that a company man would defend a company union man?

I remember Koziateks retirement party, there were more members from AA management there than rank and file union members. Some of them were crying.

What happened to HSS?

I can, you're a bootlicking management wannabee and Bob is a union man. But hey you're fine with a former manAAgement employee running a union and being promoted based on fraudulently obtained college degrees.

I prefer brown-nosing to bootlicking, thank you, and as I already said, I don't really care who runs your union or why he was promoted.

If the CEO of Radio Shack can be forced to resign over something similar, I guess there's still some glimmer of hope for your cause. But from the cheap seats, it looks like you're just beating another dead horse.

I prefer brown-nosing to bootlicking, thank you, and as I already said, I don't really care who runs your union or why he was promoted.

Anyone who prefers a brown stain from having their nose to close to another's sphincter rather than a black stain on the tongue from KIWI boot dye, surely qualifies for the AA management team and is not likely to be offered more to go somewhere else to work.

And I don't really expect you to care or have a say in who runs the union. The issue here is, even the dues paying member doesn't have a say and the man is far closer to management than worker.

I don't question your concerns over how Little and the TWU have represented your interests. But I'm a bit puzzled over why you bother wasting any time nitpicking about what is/isn't on his resume instead of attacking his voting record.

Voting record? Thanks for mentioning voting.

I was going through the copies of my ballots for int. rep. positions the other day. You know, the ones where I got to vote for/against Burchette, Yingst, Gless and Little.

Oh, wait! I didn't get to vote for any of my int. reps. They are all APPOINTED.

Sorry, I was just nitpicking about democracy. Oops, I mean the LACK of democracy.