AA shoots themselves in the foot! Again!

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
<_< ----- Yes people, I'm still here! At least for the "vary" short time! ------- It seems AA has told the City that they are no longer interested in the narrow body half of the base, or building two. So the City has told them that they have 90 days to vacate that portion of the facility.-------- Problem is, there are three stories, and a basement still full of fully equipped, unused, shops!----- With 50 years of parts, and tooling! Building two was our old engine overhaul building. It's been used by AA as storage for Aircraft seats of all kinds. ------- Well, word has come down from the powers above, to move all that "stuff" out of there to the wide body end of the base. And to do it any way we can!----- Problem is, with the number of VBR's and people being RIFed, it ain't gonna get done! There just won't be enough heads here to move all that "stuff" and work on Aircraft also! ----- Oh well! What do they say about "lack of planning on their part"? --------- And we wonder why TWA went under? :down:

<_< ----- Yes people, I'm still here! At least for the "vary" short time! ------- It seems AA has told the City that they are no longer interested in the narrow body half of the base, or building two. So the City has told them that they have 90 days to vacate that portion of the facility.-------- Problem is, there are three stories, and a basement still full of fully equipped, unused, shops!----- With 50 years of parts, and tooling! Building two was our old engine overhaul building. It's been used by AA as storage for Aircraft seats of all kinds. ------- Well, word has come down from the powers above, to move all that "stuff" out of there to the wide body end of the base. And to do it any way we can!----- Problem is, with the number of VBR's and people being RIFed, it ain't gonna get done! There just won't be enough heads here to move all that "stuff" and work on Aircraft also! ----- Oh well! What do they say about "lack of planning on their part"? --------- And we wonder why TWA went under? :down:

hmmm. Sounds like it may come down to a free for all. Can anyone say 'ebay'? Wish I lived there. 50 years of parts should unearth some pretty cool antiquities.

hmmm. Sounds like it may come down to a free for all. Can anyone say 'ebay'? Wish I lived there. 50 years of parts should unearth some pretty cool antiquities.
<_< ------The narrow body end of the hanger was built about 50 years ago, or so I've been told. The two "wide body bays were built much latter, and were designed by the same architect that designed TWA's terminal at JFK. The parts I was referring to aren't Aircraft parts, but parts used by Building maintenance mostly. And our carpentry shop.------- In building two, they're cutting up seats and work bench's and trashing them. I suspect a lot of good, but old, tooling will meet the same fate!

No fretting MCI

AA excels at crisis management so now things are as they should be to get done.

Nothing at AA gets done with pre-planning decision making, if it aint a crisis it aint gonna happen.

<_< ----- Yes people, I'm still here! At least for the "vary" short time! ------- It seems AA has told the City that they are no longer interested in the narrow body half of the base, or building two. So the City has told them that they have 90 days to vacate that portion of the facility.......
You seem surprised. What's even more surprising is they still are working to renovate the old avionics shops for office space.

WAKE UP PEOPLE! This ch!ckensh!t company and their equally ch!ckensh!t union NEVER WANTED US. I've seen the memos from higher-ups in other union locals saying as much. How long do you think it'll take before they say "MCIE is too small to be financially feasible, so we're going to close it entirely" after this announcement? Think they'll bring in contract work for TWO BAYS? The ones that don't get shown the street in January are going to be the ones responsible for completing the shutdown -- look for it in late spring.

As this has drug on I've been of the mind-set that getting the pink slip wouldn't bother me. For the most part, it still won't, but the pitiful way we've been treated (while still being expected to out-perform the other bases) really gets to me. Anyone who's still got a pair at MCI that sees anyone else wearing a TWU shirt ought to ask them if they liked not even getting kissed before they got screwed.

If the TWU had a shred of integrity they'd forego collecting union dues from MCI, since they aren't representing us.......

<_< ------Ken, everything you said is true. They don't want us, never have! But it's over! That's why I'm taking the VBR! And I hope we're wrong! I look at it this way, it's seven years I might not have gotten from TWA!And yes, there is something going on that we don't know about! This place won't set empty for long! ----- Signed,------ Just another one of AA's "Red headed step children!"

This isn't about "you" or TWA... It's all about AA being 25-30% smaller (and shrinking) than it was in April 2001.

Seriously, I don't know what you expected the union to be able to do.

Someone was going to lose their job regardless.

This isn't about "you" or TWA... It's all about AA being 25-30% smaller (and shrinking) than it was in April 2001.

Eolesen is there something seriously wrong with you? I'm not former TWA but these are people that should be shown at least some dignity. Do you just get off on other peoples misery or something? Don't you have anything better to do than to constantly chime in on topics that maybe both of us should stay away from? And I work for AA. :down:

I figure the consultants running pulling corporate puppet strings will cut ties with MCIE before the spring.
<_< ------- Well, they tell us that MCIE is "budgeted" tell next June. After that, if nothing as far as third party work comes in ??? You fill in the blanks! That's why the system is bracing itself for a wave of exTWA AMT's!

Eolesen is there something seriously wrong with you? I'm not former TWA but these are people that should be shown at least some dignity. Do you just get off on other peoples misery or something? Don't you have anything better to do than to constantly chime in on topics that maybe both of us should stay away from? And I work for AA. :down:

WeAAsles,
Thanks for the defense, but I don't take anything a spineless, company boot-licker like him can post anonymously on a message board. On the other hand, my co-worker (that was the target of my berating over his CS-TWU shirt) knows exactly how I feel, face-to-face.

Someday he'll get back what he puts out -- it all comes around. He might not even have the 'nads to admit it when it does, but he'll know it just the same.

What do I expect this CS union to do? They've had a list since LAST WEEK of who's getting the axe January 16th (from AA) and we still don't have it on the shop floor. The company's in the middle of a "system flush" and they're not raising a finger to 1) stop it, or 2) get extra compensation for those affected. I personally don't care -- just pay me to leave, but if you're shipping my job off to someone else in this CS company the least you could do is see to it that I'm well compensated for it. A refund of union dues would be one place to start -- you're not "representing" me anyway.

I'm pretty much set for a post-commercial aviation life, but there are many up there still clinging to delusions of being "saved" by the CS-TWU and their puppet masters. The sooner they get told the FACTS the sooner they can get on with things that really matter.

Another area they could address is the BS on just how long this CS company intends to keep the remaining hangar bays around: come on folks, only two bays with little or no shop area -- who are you trying to fool? We're going to do one more job that TULE and AFW don't want (the last of the 767 Completely Idiotic Program) and then we're out the door -- SHOW SOME BACKBONE AND SAY IT. No MAUI, no 767 winglets, no contract maintenance, no cargo conversions, nothing.

That enough "expectations" for you?

<_< ------ Ken, sounds good! But reality check here! As you said! "Two bays!"! Backbone or not, the boys at AFW, and TUL want this place gone! They have the numbers! -------- So guess what? :shock:

Ah, a day into the thread, and you're already attacking the poster again instead of the topic... If you want to talk about being spineless, why is it I'm the one posting with my real name while you're all using aliases?...

Again, anyone who thought that there wasn't going to be a base closing has been in a case of serious denial. You've been talking about it here since the acquisition. Seven years of borrowed time is seven years more of pensionable credit than you would have had if TWA'd been sacrificed as it probably should have been.

If it were AFW being shuttered, the silence from the MCI folks would be deafening. You'd be quietly content to be keeping your jobs (and your Kasher seniority would make it next to impossible for anyone to bump in), while people who earned their wings at AA were being put out on the street.

As much as I despise the TWU, it wasn't their fault that MCI has easiest leases to get out of.

It's also not the TWU's fault that MCI's a much older facility than AFW.

If it makes it easier for you to believe it's just favoritism, go for it. But that's just more denial on your part.

I think this post was right on the money. It might not have conveyed the requisite amount of sympathy some feel it should have, but he is correct.

AA is the incredibly shrinking airline. Any way they can figure out how to get the job done with a lower headcount they will go for.