AA to exceed DL financial margins by end of 2015?

Yes that is right the article is a quarter behind - we can wait for the next one and the funny thing is they are only a part by a percentage point and with DL's strategy of driving down margin AA will be above DL - like you say time will tell and forward looking AA is already dominating DL

Yes AA made more than DL

no, we don't need to wait for another quarter.

You can use the financial statements that each company just produced.

they show that DL produced a higher gross profit than AA.

AA made more on a net profit basis because they didn't account for taxes and didn't pay more in profit sharing than they made in net profit which is exactly what DL did.

keep the cheerleading going.

your peers are growing increasingly frustrated at watching their total compensation lag their peers at the other big 4 airlines even while the compAAny's earnings soar.

mistified said:
AA 3Q2014 conference call, Q&A session -

Apparently a analysts looked at the future and crunched the numbers and said "hey, won't you be ahead of DL's operating numbers (financial returns) by the end of next year?"  The answer was "yes".

The company said they expect to EXCEED DELTA's operating margin by the end of next year.

I guess we will have to wait and see. Interesting prediction.

I told WT this was going to happen, just didn't realize it would be that soon...

jimntx said:
WT, Grow UP!  You sound like a 3-year old saying the same crap over and over as if repetition will make it true.  At the end of the 1st quarter. 2015--post WA, you had better hope that AA is on the financial ropes and DL has forced its way into DAL.  Otherwise, all of your dire predictions are going to make you look like a total fool.
Some already have made him look like a fool.  He resorts to the childish acts when he is backed up against the wall.  Things do not look good for him right now as his little memory bank is exploding on impact currently with a number of his predictions.  Not just DAL LF post W/A, but now post 1-6-15.  Watching him just collide into this destruction mode is making me laugh so hard it hurts...

I told WT this was going to happen, just didn't realize it would be that soon...
you are precisely one of the fools that has made one prediction after another that you can't back up.

how much bandwidth have you wasted trying to argue that DL would be out of DAL and they are still there.

meanwhile, I have spoken to a number of subjects from WN's increasing costs and the fact that their employees would see smaller raises. and guess what WN's first contract includes? 1.5% raises - the smallest in the industry.

your childish inability to be able to accept that there are people who really do know this industry far better than you is matched only by those who do the same thing regarding other topics, including the fact that AA's gross margin was indeed smaller than DL's.

only by NOT accounting for profit sharing and taxes is AA able to take the lead in net profits.

factor in the enormous revenue drop which AA is experiencing in Latin America - which I predicted but which is happening far sooner and far larger than I predicted - at the very same time that AA is giving out pay raises which has cost it its cost advantage among legacy carriers, and the honeymoon at AA might be over a whole lot sooner than even I imagined.

WT, have you ever done a sermon for your congregation on humility , lying , self serving, and being happy for others accomplishments ????????

why would you expect someone else to preach a sermon to others that you aren't willing to practice yourself?

and why are you and so many people at AA so afraid of the truth?

WorldTraveler said:
...at the very same time that AA is giving out pay raises which has cost it its cost advantage among legacy carriers, and the honeymoon at AA might be over a whole lot sooner than even I imagined.

Just so I get it straight: you criticize APFA for not negotiating a more generous contract, and yet criticize AA management for increasing their labor costs. Got it.

I think you just proved that you will never be satisfied with anything AA does, no matter what.

WorldTraveler said:
why would you expect someone else to preach a sermon to others that you aren't willing to practice yourself?and why are you and so many people at AA so afraid of the truth?
Look at all of your post then look in a mirror!!! I have no idea how you can get up there every Sunday an Preach after how you conduct yourself on this forum!!! And that is the very reason NO ONE believes your truths, to call us afraid laughable and makes you a fool!!!

WorldTraveler said:
why would you expect someone else to preach a sermon to others that you aren't willing to practice yourself?and why are you and so many people at AA so afraid of the truth?
Practice myself , I would never ever join a church where you are the preacher ever!!

AdAstraPerAspera said:
Just so I get it straight: you criticize APFA for not negotiating a more generous contract, and yet criticize AA management for increasing their labor costs. Got it.

I think you just proved that you will never be satisfied with anything AA does, no matter what.
Exactly. It's not about discussing facts and ideas (as he constantly tries to sell), it's about a nonstop narrative that boils down to this: American Airlines sucks, since it's not Delta Air Lines.

He cloaks that juvenile nonsense in multi-thousand word deflections, but it's essentially childish taunts of "your airline sucks and mine doesn't."

He's in a bad mood lately. AA is now outperforming DL, far quicker than most people ever thought, and he really just can't take it. He's going mad. 

no.

there is a big difference between negotiating a more generous agreement and increasing costs.

it is up to mgmt. to figure out to pay people more while not increasing costs above the level of increased revenues

Look at all of your post then look in a mirror!!! I have no idea how you can get up there every Sunday an Preach after how you conduct yourself on this forum!!! And that is the very reason NO ONE believes your truths, to call us afraid laughable and makes you a fool!!!

you don't believe the facts because they highlight that AA pulled a fast one on APFA by getting rid of profit sharing, that AA's revenue generation is not near as robust as you think it is and what the industry is doing, and that other industry employees chose to do the right thing by having profit sharing.

Exactly. It's not about discussing facts and ideas (as he constantly tries to sell), it's about a nonstop narrative that boils down to this: American Airlines sucks, since it's not Delta Air Lines.

He cloaks that juvenile nonsense in multi-thousand word deflections, but it's essentially childish taunts of "your airline sucks and mine doesn't."

for someone who understands the numbers that are presented and even acknowledged that DL's gross profits and gross profit margin were better than AA's, your post is nothing but a childish tantrum based on realities that you really don't want to admit even though you know they are true.

He's in a bad mood lately. AA is now outperforming DL, far quicker than most people ever thought, and he really just can't take it. He's going mad.
except that it is not.

DL's gross operating margin was once again higher than the rest of the legacy carriers.

AA outperformed on net profit because it did not account for taxes or provide profit sharing.

The people who are clearly in very bad moods are those who can't accept that AA is once again seeking - just like it did under Parker - by keeping AA employee compensation below that of other airline employees.

AA's unions made a huge strategic mistake in being talked out of profit sharing at a time when the industry is performing at its best in decades.

and why can't you admit that AA really didn't beat DL on top line earnings?

AA's bottom line net profit margin is higher only because it didn't have the expenses - including tax and profit sharing - that DL had.

FWAAA noted it and so did a published article which I posted - and yet you still can't admit it.

Back