Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
AFA 66 eCommunication - Friday, March 19, 2010

US Airways to Recall 70 Furloughed Flight Attendants

Director of Labor Relations, Cindi Simone notifed AFA officers
today that the Company expects to recall 70 flight attendants
back to work. The Company is planning to notify furloughed
flight attendants of their recalls beginning this weekend and
are expected to return to work beginning May 1, 2010.

The most senior 70 flight attendants on the list will be
notified via phone and/or email and return to work packets will
be sent out via certified mail as contractually required.
Contractual language requires a flight attendant to respond to
the certified recall letter within 10 days.

Phoenix staffing models reflect an increase in flying coinciding
with summer travel. The furloughs to Phoenix are supporting
budgeting plans through the end of the year. Please refer to
your AFA contract, Section 21, H. Recall to Duty for additional
contractual requirements. AFA will provide more information as
it becomes available.

This news made my day and the day of everyone in my training class! :)

Now I've just got to loose the weight I gained sitting here reading the Pilot thread and eating all that popcorn! :)

AFA 66 eCommunication - Friday, March 19, 2010

US Airways to Recall 70 Furloughed Flight Attendants

Director of Labor Relations, Cindi Simone notifed AFA officers
today that the Company expects to recall 70 flight attendants
back to work. The Company is planning to notify furloughed
flight attendants of their recalls beginning this weekend and
are expected to return to work beginning May 1, 2010.

The most senior 70 flight attendants on the list will be
notified via phone and/or email and return to work packets will
be sent out via certified mail as contractually required.
Contractual language requires a flight attendant to respond to
the certified recall letter within 10 days.

Phoenix staffing models reflect an increase in flying coinciding
with summer travel. The furloughs to Phoenix are supporting
budgeting plans through the end of the year. Please refer to
your AFA contract, Section 21, H. Recall to Duty for additional
contractual requirements. AFA will provide more information as
it becomes available.

Cindy Simone is an Idiot! Plane and Simple!!She Should NOT be in the position she is in! You want to know PM me!!

Cindy Simone is an Idiot! Plane and Simple!!She Should NOT be in the position she is in! You want to know PM me!!
Oh good lord. Really? You chose this announcement to go on a rampage? What is it bad thing we're having recalls? Or just riled up about the DCA fiasco? Some times I wonder why some folks stay in the industry with so much anger and hate flowing so freely. If it makes you this mad why do it?

Oh good lord. Really? You chose this announcement to go on a rampage? What is it bad thing we're having recalls? Or just riled up about the DCA fiasco? Some times I wonder why some folks stay in the industry with so much anger and hate flowing so freely. If it makes you this mad why do it?
[/quote

All I did was make a statement! Plain and Simple! Why do you think I have "so much hate" ? I don't..Really...

Well maybe an impulse control issue then. Your reply to me on the PHL director thread then saying the woman who informed the AFA about the recalls shouldn't be in her position does begin to paint a particular picture. It's almost like you were advocating that the recalls on the west were some sort of mistake on Cindy's part. Like she was an idiot for doing them. If that were true that's a bit hateful. If that wasn't your intention I suppose I offer my apologies.

As for the DCA displacement I believe the Crew News said something like 96. The reasonings Hector gave were thus:

1.) No increase in flying in DCA mostly because of the DCA/LGA slot swap transaction falling through. There are only 225 lines in DCA and that isn't going to increase anytime soon. Even with the transaction it would have been over a year before that flying materialized in DCA. The folks that transferred in from LGA and BOS unfortunately did displace folks in DCA. The nature of the beast.

2.) PHL/CLT have a shortage of Flight Attendants with the increase of flying lines in those bases. Because DCA is overstaffed and PHL/CLT are understaffed they have offered vol transfers twice. Not enough people took them. He went so far to say that he asked the AFA for any ideas on how to entice people to take the vol moves. The DCA base can not continue to float the overage while CLT/PHL is understaffed. Watch the CLT FA Crew News towards the end of the displacement discussion and Hector explains in detail.

My heart goes out to those being displaced - it sucks - but it is better than furlough. I would have gladly gone to another base rather than be shown the door. :)

Make that 71 after the arrest of Mother of the year and her pilot boyfriend beat the crap out of her ex.