Aa To Seek Excemptions To Fly To Northeast Brazil

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Brazilian media has reported today that American Airlines is going to seek excemptions to start flying to smaller cities in Northeast Brazil, possibly starting with Recife:

http://www2.panrotas.com.br/canais/redacao...asp&url_origem=
(Portuguese only, sorry).

The article basicly quotes American Airlines' head of Brazilian operations as saying that they would like to start new services to smaller Brazilian cities, such as Recife. The current US-Brazil bilatteral is maxed out, but AA will seek exemptions from it to start services to these cities. Seeking these exemptions may not be difficult. The Portugal-Brazil bilatteral, for example, allows Open Skies for all cities outside of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

This confirms the recent rumours of AA's plans to utilize 757s on flights to smaller Brazilian cities. On the list of canidates are Manaus, Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador da Bahia, Brasilia, and Belem.

And a little fun fact: Recife is the only South American city that Pan Am served from Miami that AA has never picked up (yes, I know AA got their LatAm operations from EA, not PA).

MAH4546 said:
Brazilian media has reported today that American Airlines is going to seek excemptions to start flying to smaller cities in Northeast Brazil, possibly starting with Recife:

<http://www2.panrotas.com.br/canais/redacao/pandigital/modelos/ultima.asp?cod_not=16404&cod_sec=1&cod_lay=1&cod_aut=60&nome_model=ultima.asp&url_origem=>
(Portuguese only, sorry).

The article basicly quotes American Airlines' head of Brazilian operations as saying that they would like to start new services to smaller Brazilian cities, such as Recife. The current US-Brazil bilatteral is maxed out, but AA will seek exemptions from it to start services to these cities. Seeking these exemptions may not be difficult. The Portugal-Brazil bilatteral, for example, allows Open Skies for all cities outside of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

This confirms the recent rumours of AA's plans to utilize 757s on flights to smaller Brazilian cities. On the list of canidates are Manaus, Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador da Bahia, Brasilia, and Belem.

And a little fun fact: Recife is the only South American city that Pan Am served from Miami that AA has never picked up (yes, I know AA got their LatAm operations from EA, not PA).
[post="275869"][/post]​

MAH4546,

It can NEVER(IMHO) be said ENOUGH !!

"Mark, you all a "world of knowlege" and your "info" is greatly appreciated by a LOT of folks on this web site, Employee and Non Employee alike" !!!!!!

Keep up the good work !!

NH/BB's

Ps.
I STILL won't believe PVD/MIA until I see the DAM* a/c go down the Rhode Island runway, and lift off :shock: :shock:

Red Tail Bear said:
MAH4546,

It can NEVER(IMHO) be said ENOUGH !!
"Mark, you all a "world of knowlege" and your "info" is greatly appreciated by a LOT of folks on this web site, Employee and Non Employee alike" !!!!!!

Keep up the good work !!

NH/BB's

Ps.
I STILL won't believe PVD/MIA until I see the DAM* a/c go down the Rhode Island runway, and lift off :shock: :shock:
[post="275872"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:shock: :shock: Oooops, I forgot to sign out of my son's PC, but we both agree with MAH4546's great work !!

NH/BB's

I can see Brasilia being next on the list...

I'm not going to comment on the PVD-MIA situation for fear of raising my blood pressure!!!

This would be great for AA, Brazil's north needs more direct service to the USA. Who wants to travel 1000 miles south to Sao Paulo to go north 4000. Many do everyday due to current circumstances. Brazil's expanding economy depends on creating more direct air services out of non traditional gateways to Europe and north america.

FA Mikey said:
Could this include a return to Belo Horizonte?
[post="275964"][/post]​

Not with their current 757 fleet. There is talk that AA will be modifying a fleet of 20 757s for longer haul flying from Miami and New York City. Those 757s will be able to make it.

Latest posts