Aa Wants Chicago-shanghai

kirkpatrick said:
It seems to me that anyone returning would want to bid for July, and thus would have signed up for whatever training was necessary. I can't imagine that more than a handful would wait until the last minute or just not show up.

So how many have indicated they would return so far? 700? 800? 1000?

MK
Kirkpatrick, this is your last warning! If you do not cease and desist immediately from your inane attempts to use logic :shock: in this discussion, you will be removed forthwith and post haste. :p

Yes, you would think that someone whose OVL ended 30JUN would want to bid for July and would be sure to arrange for their training in June. However, as of 01JUN 620 of the 1300 had neither informed the company of their plans nor made any attempt to schedule themselves for training. By that I infer that 680 did notify the company of their intention to return; but, that is not guaranteed. If some of those 680 informed the company that they were NOT returning, the company did not say so.

Of course, there is no requirement to notify the company of your intentions when on an OVL, and if you don't care when the company schedules you for training, you can just show up on the appointed day.

jimntx said:
However, as of 01JUN 620 of the 1300 had neither informed the company of their plans nor made any attempt to schedule themselves for training.
Yes, but this is the 21st! Certainly many more have signed up by now.

Remember, I have no access to company information, other than the APFA board and several message boards, so I depend on active employees to fill me in on the latest.

kirkpatrick said:
Yes, but this is the 21st! Certainly many more have signed up by now.

Remember, I have no access to company information, other than the APFA board and several message boards, so I depend on active employees to fill me in on the latest.
FYI...
No word yet on the OVLs, but I heard this morning that preliminary figures for the returning furloughees are that 45 refused recall. Any recall always has an allowance for refusals which traditionally have been about 10%. This is almost 20%. The company has said , though, that they do not intend to recall additional furloughees to make up for the refusals.

Oh, I also got an email from one of the OVLs this morning. He seemed to indicate that not all the OVLs needed to "re-train" before 01JUL--only the one's that had gone more than a year since their last EPTs. I still say that it will probably be the middle of July before we know the final count on the OVLs.