Aa To File For Ord-shanghai

Imagolfer

Advanced
Sep 30, 2002
AA will soon announce that they have filed for authority for ORD-PVG. There will be a total of 7 frequencies granted in 2005 I think. You can bet DL will file ATL-PVG, and CO EWR-PVG.

Press Release Source: American Airlines

American Airlines Seeks Authority to Begin Chicago - Shanghai Service in May 2005
Wednesday September 22, 3:00 pm ET
American Garners Strong Bipartisan Support

CHICAGO, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines announced today that it will vigorously seek authority to begin daily nonstop service between Chicago and Shanghai, China, starting on May 1 of next year. This opportunity results from the highly successful negotiations by the Departments of Transportation and State, in which the United States won the right to designate two additional airlines to serve China in the next two years. Using the highly popular Boeing 777 three-class aircraft, American's service will clearly provide the strongest possible competition in this growing market.

Link:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040922/daw025a_1.html

Atlanta is not a suitable gateway to China. It is in the wrong part of the country, and there is little origin traffic. JFK would be more likely. I would be interested in where they get the aircraft from, would they cancel ATL-NRT? Continental already flies to HK, so AA should be in good shape.

I think New York would be a good choice to get service, so CAl has a decent shot. ORD would be good too, helping AA. ATL is too far south, too hot for a fully loaded operation and could a DL 777 even get there nonstop from ATL ? Cities located upnorth have a better chance since they are closer to the great circle route. Dl also doesn't have enough 777's, they need more, so take delivery of the ones your have on order. Routes to Asia from ATL need 777's.

I think Arpey is dreaming if he thinks AA will receive this route! The DOT HATES this company and specializes in rejecting AA applications for the flimsyest of reasons. DL or CO will be awarded this prize!!

AAmech said:
I think Arpey is dreaming if he thinks AA will receive this route! The DOT HATES this company and specializes in rejecting AA applications for the flimsyest of reasons. DL or CO will be awarded this prize!!
[post="183814"][/post]​

=================================================

That "award" will be made BEFORE the presidential election.
SO,
with the "smirking TEXAS chimp" still in office, AA CAN'T MISS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAH/CO is the least favorite(Texas) son, AFTER AA/DFW, and WN/DFW.

NH/BB's

I'll takes "chimps" over BLACK BEARS any day. What so great abput New Hampshire any way? Dartmouth is a great school but what else? Texas has lots of good looking women, decent barbque & Neiman Marcus. New Hampshire id too COLD.

UA just announced that they will be offering SFO-NGO starting February,2005.

Why isn't AA going somewhere else in Japan other than NRT ?

I know this is off the topic, but I am just wondering.

Thank you

With UA's Narita hub I'm sure they have a FF base that allows them offer new Japanese cities profitable. It would be a much tougher nut for AA to crack.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
=================================================

That "award" will be made BEFORE the presidential election.
SO,
with the "smirking TEXAS chimp" still in office, AA CAN'T MISS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAH/CO is the least favorite(Texas) son, AFTER AA/DFW, and WN/DFW.

NH/BB's
[post="183849"][/post]​

AA being from TX has no relevence. The DOT denied their first app to fly to China and the Bush DOJ pursued an Anti-trust lawsuit against AA! AA has NO friends in DC!!

AirDude said:
UA just announced that they will be offering SFO-NGO starting February,2005.

Why isn't AA going somewhere else in Japan other than NRT ?

I know this is off the topic, but I am just wondering.

Thank you
[post="183931"][/post]​

I would be willing to bet that AA will announce that they will start ORD-NGO very soon ;)

Kev3188 said:
I wonder what NW's plan is for dealing with UA & AA's increasing presence in the Pacific?
[post="184081"][/post]​

First, I do believe AA will be awarded the ORD-PVG route. Second, NW has been receiving new A330's and are building their fleet size. With all of their new a/c, I'm sure NW has a trrick or two up their sleeve.

Latest posts