AA wants out of Love Field lease

----------------
On 6/30/2003 3:53:55 PM KCFlyer wrote:

----------------
On 6/30/2003 3:17:42 PM texflyer wrote:

I don''t see SWA rushing to Washington to get the WA overturned. If they REALLLLY wanted too,SWA could easily do it. They like it the way it is.

----------------​
The story I''ve always heard is that Southwest remains "passionately neutral" on the subject of the Wright Amendment, in accordance with a "gentleman''s agreement" made several years ago. 

----------------​

I guess the thing that bothers me most about the WA is the sheer arbitrariness of using state boundaries as a limit.
A distance radius would seem more logical.
Just for fun, I did a quick study with a ruler and road atlas: Using a 500-mile radius as a limit, all present airports qualify, MCI, STL, and MEM easily fall within the imaginary limit, BNA just squeaks in, while DEN just barely misses.

----------------
On 6/30/2003 3:53:55 PM KCFlyer wrote:

----------------
On 6/30/2003 3:17:42 PM texflyer wrote:

I don''t see SWA rushing to Washington to get the WA overturned. If they REALLLLY wanted too,SWA could easily do it. They like it the way it is.

----------------​
The story I''ve always heard is that Southwest remains "passionately neutral" on the subject of the Wright Amendment, in accordance with a "gentleman''s agreement" made several years ago.

----------------​
Thats part of it but I''ve also read somewhere that DAL was their most profitable hub with great revenue per passenger in their system. So why rock the boat?

----------------
On 6/30/2003 12:59:38 PM KCFlyer wrote:

----------------
On 6/30/2003 12:23:19 PM Ch. 12 wrote:

----------------​
Pretty deep thought there CH12...

----------------​
Yes....sorry about that. I spent too much time writing a response that it must have timed out. When I saw that everything was wiped out when I clicked "submit", I didn''t have the heart to re-type it all at that time. I''ll try again later today since I know that everyone is in suspense...