What A A Can Do At Love Field

corl737

Veteran
Jun 13, 2005
My dear AA friends:

Pardon me for initiating this post on "your" forum. However, this is intended solely for the purpose of eliminating a common misconception held by the public regarding the ability of AA to utilize its gates at Dallas Love Field. Some contend that AA's space leased in the East Concourse is prohibited from being used as passenger gates. This was true prior to 2001 and the reason AA had to share gate space during the Legend Airlines era. Here is a letter I received from the Dallas Director of Aviation after I wrote him asking for a clarification on AA's lease provisions:

October 26, 2005

Mr. Corl Lxxxx*
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

RE: American Airlines Lease at Dallas Love Field

Dear Mr. Lxxxx:

In 1997, American Airlines was the assignee of a lease that included the East Concourse of the terminal building at Love Field. That particular lease did not permit commercial airline passenger service but required the space to be utilized for aviation use purposes, including office space use.

In 2001, American Airlines and the City of Dallas executed a new 10-year lease agreement for terminal building space in the East Concourse at Love Field which permits commercial airline passenger service. The space leased under this agreement includes three (3) airline passenger gates, passenger gate lounge areas and support space. At the time this new lease was executed, the lease discussed above was terminated.

I hope this clarifies your understanding of the permitted uses of the current American Airlines lease at Dallas Love Field.

Sincerely,

Kenneth H. Gwyn
Director of Aviation

*X's replace information not relevant to this discussion.

Latest posts