AAA ALPA Thread 9-14 to 9-21, East ALPA here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why waste the time constructing logical arguments for someone who cannot comprehend BINDING ARBITRATION. Character assassination is one of many tactics employed to get a point across, particularly with someone who continually poses as a pioneer union advocate. It is a direct assault on you to expose your fundamentally flawed campaign. You and your band of USAPA thugs have only one goal and one thing on your mind; that is to throw out a legitimate seniority list and deny AWA pilots equal partnership in the NEW US Airways. Show a little integrity, honor our agreements, vote in a joint contract, and then I will join your fight to remove ALPA. Absent those actions, your self-serving motivation is transparent to all west pilots. USAPA may succeed in removing ALPA, but I can guarantee you that with 2000 pissed off AWA pilots any hint of success from our new “Unionâ€￾ will be overshadowed by endless lawsuits and financial meltdowns the east pilots will have to pay for without any assistance from the west – that’s a promise.

The KEY word here is bolded in the above paragraph. This is a new Company, and with it you brought a job (not baggage), period, end of story. That job is protected and the rest is to be shared equally.

One of these days you will read ALL of my posts. I don't care one way or the other about the Nic list. Many of us will do what it takes to see ALPA removed from the property. Since you like to make inflamatory comments about the "USAPA thugs", me included, what I think you really mean is ALPA's since that is all we have lived under for many years. Character assassinations around here on the east is the method of choice. I see it's alive and well out west too. And doing so accomplishes nothing but harbor ill will til the next event that requires unity. Glad you pointed that out as a "tactic". (Have always wondered about that. Is that included in the ALPA training manual?)

Until USAPA is elected we can't show you anything. The bulk of your post is a disjointed effort to tie USAPA and ALPA together. It will never happen. That is why we want ALPA removed so we can disassociate ourselves from such a corrupt and failed "association". Finally, your guarantees mean absolutely nothing until you finally figure out that USAPA is not ALPA in the way business is conducted. How can USAPA lead a vote in a joint contract if we're not yet the bargaining rep? Your tie in makes no sense.

So other than the thug part you are once again addressing ALPAs' failures and shortcomings. Try again with something logical about USAPA or ALPA but please don't tie us together.

Have some crow sharkie, beat up any TSA agents lately?

I did get one TSA dude (possibly another) fired. But then, that was after a night in the Holiday Inn. So you heard about that.

What is the matter little one, get yourself all tripped up with the acronym thingy, again?

Who is Junebug!?!?

Why he's the defender of truth, purveyor of reality, lover of all pinheads, and an enemy of all that is stupid.

And he's usually right about things.

THAT is Junebug.

GaySuperHero.gif

(cue the superhero theme music and fade out)
How hot is that!?? Didn't know there was a wonderman? :D

Actually, they're both pictures of me.

The one you show is of me a bit older.

cameltoe.org/images/gay_french_superhero.

Not reposting the picture, but copying the pertinent parts of the link. Now that is funny. A little levity goes far. At least I didn't sling an insult. Or is that what you wanted as a "tactic"?

At this week’s ALPA MEC meeting Communications Committee Chairman Arnie Gentile reported the MEC passed “a resolution recognizing that US Airways pilots have faced multiple sequential months of 95 hour pay caps and 5 hour flexes for the majority of 2007 and the amount of time away from home that is required to fly such monthly schedules, creating hardships that our pilots' families endure during such high workloads. Since holiday months are traditionally time spent with family and friends, the MEC designates November 2007 as “SAP Awareness Month" so as to offer some relief from the hardships placed on the pilots' families. During November’s "SAP Awareness Month 2007,†the US Airways MEC members, officers, committee members and all ALPA members on AFB status, will limit their scheduled hours to the minimum allowed through SAP and any other legal means.â€

And, Arnie reported W.A.R. Item “Do not start an engine until pushback complete when aircraft is being directed by hand signals only.â€

Last summer the Northwest pilots took a similar action and the company cancelled hundreds and hundreds of flights because pilots flew minimum hours per the article below.

See Story

The company’s response?

The pilots obtained an LOA outside of their 2006 bankruptcy restructuring agreement that provided contract improvements, per the following article:

See Story

Furthermore, Arnie indicated, “Several months ago America West pilots negotiated an agreement on Distance Learning Training that pays more in compensation then their current agreement allows, which was then made retroactive to the beginning of the year 2007. The East members of the JNC were never made aware by either management or their West counterparts that this negotiation of enhancements to their current agreement was taking place. This agreement, in addition to being an enhancement to their current agreement, far exceeds the compensation East pilots receive for DLT. To now say that the East pilots cannot negotiate enhancements to their CBA, except under the umbrella of the JNC pursuit for a joint agreement, is nothing short of hypocrisy. As we said before, the America West MEC has no say in the right of US Airways pilots to negotiate improvements to our contract, including equal pay for equal work, and there is nothing in the Transition Agreement or ALPA Merger Policy to prohibit those negotiations.’

In conclusion, the MEC has given the East pilots marching orders and they are leading by example. I recognize many pilots need money to pay their day-to-day bills, but SAP’ing down 15 hours is legal and authorized by the contract. If every US Airways pilots did this and the company cancelled hundreds and hundreds of flights during the last week of November, and this continued during the end of December, would Doug Parker follow Doug Steenland’s action at Northwest and provide pilot contract improvements or lose hundreds of millions of dollars?

Furthermore, the company has now moved away from the separate contract and separate operation and it does not want to provide pay parity because they say it would drive a further wedge between the East and West pilots.

Well…the company provided the West pilots more money than the East pilots outside of joint contract discussions for DLT. If the company can provide an LOA outside of joint contract talks that pays the AWA pilots more money can’t they do that for the East pilots too?

Regardless, I believe it is time to put up or shut up. Every East pilot must support one another, SAP down to 15 hours below the pay cap and take 3 days additional off at the end of November. Either the pilots will stick together on this issue or they do not deserve to complain.

In my opinion, this action will take 1 to 2 months to get a contract improvement/a resolution to the Nicolau Award or the East operation will crumble.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

US Airways ALPA MEC Code-a-Phone Update - September 16, 2007

This is Arnie Gentile with a US Airways MEC update for Sunday, September 16th, with three new items.

Item 1. The company posted a new CBS message that was released Friday, September 14th, regarding the November full month TDY lines. If you are interested please read this CBS. All previous CBS messages pertaining to November TDY bidding should be disregarded. The bid is open now and will close at 16:00 on September 20th. Please review Section 25 (H) Temporary Duty Assignments for TDY entitlements to include: acceptable hotel facilities, meal expenses, and rental car.

Item 2. Communications received a number of comments from our pilots regarding ALPA President Captain John Prater’s “Just the Facts.â€￾ The following is an email from one of our pilots to Captain Prater that we had verified for accuracy.

Captain Prater, I'd like to address you regarding your “Just the Factsâ€￾ - Issue 1. In your opening letter you state: " It is time to hear the facts again and make decisions based on facts. In this newsletter, and in communications to come, ALPA will tell you the facts...." Captain Prater, not only do I disagree with many of your "facts", but I must point out an error in your facts. The third "Fact" listed under MEC ACTIONS states: "Fact -The US Airways MEC and merger representatives argued in both the seniority negotiations and seniority arbitration that the seniority lists should be integrated on the basis of date of hire." Captain Prater, much has been made of the US Airways Merger Committee NEVER budging from a Date of Hire position. Please take a moment to read a brief excerpt from the opening statement by our merger counsel Dan Katz regarding the East Merger Committee's position: "... what we propose the arbitration panel should do is to integrate the two seniority lists on the basis of date of hire, adjusted for furlough time that any pilot had through May 19, 2005, the date of the announcement of the merger, subject to temporary conditions and restrictions." You'll notice our position Includes Date of Hire ADJUSTED FOR FURLOUGH (length of service). The conditions and restrictions mentioned included 7 year fences of PHX and LAS to protect the AWA pilots. Captain Prater, I was in the room when these opening statements were made. I know for a FACT you were not. Obviously your Facts are incomplete. The transcripts don't lie. If you truly want pilots to make decisions based on facts, please report the facts as they are, not as you see them. Captain Prater, I trust you will set the record straight in Issue 2 - Just the Facts.

Item 3. As a reminder, the Wilson Center for Public Research began polling both the US Airways and America West pilots recently. This is not a US Airways MEC poll. It has been initiated by ALPA National for use by the Rice Committee. If and how you answer questions will have an impact on the Rice Committee. If you have any questions or comments about this poll, please contact your elected representatives.

News you can use:

W.A.R. Item 911

AB 320PH 2b.10.5 Please reference appropriate PH

Do not start an engine until pushback complete when aircraft is being directed by hand signals only.

Educate to Vacate:

Arbitration Pilot Neutral, Captain Jim Brucia wrote a concurring and dissenting opinion. The following is from page 3: “As a consequence of the boards decision, America West pilot Odell, who was hired less than two months before the merger was announced, has been placed immediately senior to US Airways pilot Colello who was hired more than 16 years earlier and who had over 16 years of credited length of service. I disagree with this placement, which disregards substantial service time......â€￾

Equal pay for Equal Work:

It has been 16 days since September 1, 2007, the start of retro active pay .

Follow the three-prong approach, fly safe and thanks for listening.

Why not share the rest of what Brucia wrote? I know why, but for those who haven't read the decision, well, lets just say that Brucia was quite alot more complimentary of Nicolau than those east folks who call him a senile old man.

I applaud the notion of taking action that forces management to sit up and take notice. Every pilot, east and west, who hits 85 hours is either sick or fatigued for the rest of the month. As far as I'm concerned this should be a permanent ceiling anyway.

Why not share the rest of what Brucia wrote? I know why, but for those who haven't read the decision, well, lets just say that Brucia was quite alot more complimentary of Nicolau than those east folks who call him a senile old man.
Please, allow me.

"Finally I would like to a reaffirm my opinion that the Chairman Nicolau
demonstrated exceptional judgment and wisdom working through many very difficult and
challenging issues including the disparate aircraft types, routes, compensation systems,
and pilot staffing formulas to mention just a few. It has been a privilege to work together
with Chairman Nicolau and Captain Gillen on this Opinion and Award. "

Junebug,

It is my understanding starting Wednesday ALPA National began conducting yet another Wilson poll.

Apparently, "ALPA’s last Wilson poll number showed them that 60% of west pilots would take a small raise for giving the east up to a 6-year fence and a new ratio to get us out of this mess. They already know that for a given price, you’ll trade Doogie Dollars for Prater Positions. Now Herndon needs to know how much of a “small raiseâ€￾ it would take to get that 50% + 1. "

As you know the Company may be prepared to offer top hourly pay rates of $160 for B757 and $150 for A320/B737 15-year Captains, and even higher for the A330, A340, & A350.

According to AWA pilots who write U-Turn, "We’ve been warning you about this coming cram-down for months. And now it looks like it will come to pass. For the East, it looks like a bribe to back off their opposition to the Nicolau Award. For the West, it looks like legal extortion, threatening no action on the presentation of the Nicolau Award without some give in the award’s language. For both sides, it’s yet another ALPA cram-down. What does the east get? $40 Captain and $30 F/O Raises (Remember all but their furloughed pilots are at the highest longevity rate). Better work rules. What we have learned from the Paul Rice bowl is they would like to add a 6 Year fence on all wide-bodies new and replacement. Plus it looks like a fence on the East pilot bases."

Junebug, with your "so-called" knowledge of the last Wilson Poll how come you failed to report this information? Moreover, it appears the AWA MEC is willing to cut a deal, which is your only way out of this mess!

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts