AAG had 113,300 employees as of Dec. 31. That’s up nearly 3,000

Frivolous
Of little or no weight, worth, or importance; not worthy of notice:

Unworthy of serious or sensible treatment; unimportant.

Ultimately
meritless

Plenty of new-hires in PHX for the ramp, and many more to come is what I'm hearing.  All part-time. 

A number of full-time positions are being filled by part-timers who have been on the waiting list to upgrade.

ChockJockey said:
Plenty of new-hires in PHX for the ramp, and many more to come is what I'm hearing.  All part-time. 

A number of full-time positions are being filled by part-timers who have been on the waiting list to upgrade.
Glad to read that Chock.

700UW said:
Yep you certainly drive around airplanes all the time in your engine shop.

Especially after Kevin, you know someone that actually works around airplanes on the tarmac has stated different.
I'm around aircraft everyday and haven't always worked in the engine shop, now take you and propaganda elsewhere!
And btw, talked to a fellow employee today, who's father works for UA, in Orlando.......and did he have some horror story's concerning the IAM. 45 years and still doesn't have weekends off, just for starters!

WeAAsles said:
Uh yea, ok. I'll take your word for it. Uh huh, sure.
Don't really care whether you do or not. Now, that being said, I know people employed that damaged "Aircraft" and "Aircraft Parts", that still work at DL.

Next!

southwind said:
I'm around aircraft everyday and haven't always worked in the engine shop, now take you and propaganda elsewhere!
And btw, talked to a fellow employee today, who's father works for UA, in Orlando.......and did he have some horror story's concerning the IAM. 45 years and still doesn't have weekends off, just for starters!
Next!
Glad to hear you are not working on line aircraft.

UAL in MCO?

At NWA it took nearly 30 years just to hold midnight shift with Tue/Wed off. Nice try at a red herring argument.

I am no fan of the IAM, but you are clueless as to how seniority works since you have never held any in a union environment.

Had a manager at NWA that ran a Delta 757 into a hangar door at Delta (Former Delta employe) he was infamous.

southwind said:
 Don't really care whether you do or not. Now, that being said, I know people employed that damaged "Aircraft" and "Aircraft Parts", that still work at DL.
So do I. My earlier point was that for remarkably similar incidents, each employee was treated differently.

...And that doesn't even touch on the fact that unlike our AA counterparts, neither of us have any recourse if the discipline is unwarranted, nor are we allowed to provide witnesses or any other evidence on our behalf.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Glad to hear you are not working on line aircraft.
UAL in MCO?
At NWA it took nearly 30 years just to hold midnight shift with Tue/Wed off. Nice try at a red herring argument.
I am no fan of the IAM, but you are clueless as to how seniority works since you have never held any in a union environment.
Had a manager at NWA that ran a Delta 757 into a hangar door at Delta (Former Delta employe) he was infamous.
You beat me to it... BTW, it's not a whole lot better today. Have a buddy down there with 26 years, that can "usually" hold a mid shift with T/W for RDOs...

At DL Kevin?

In 1988 I worked for UA in TPA and the junior full timer was 27 years.

southworst is pretty clueless on seniority in the Florida Cities.

So do I. My earlier point was that for remarkably similar incidents, each employee was treated differently.

...And that doesn't even touch on the fact that unlike our AA counterparts, neither of us have any recourse if the discipline is unwarranted, nor are we allowed to provide witnesses or any other evidence on our behalf.
and yet AA drags out events that took place in an AA's employee career decades earlier. seems I heard that a union could eliminate that type of thing at DL.

and I can assure you that I've had enough accounts from AA people to know that the TWU rep can't or at least didn't do a darn thing in a hearing regarding an accident.

most of the events are accidents... there is nothing that AA or a union could do that DL doesn't do.

and it just might be that DL's efforts to treat people differently in similar situations is because, just like with your kid, very little in an employee-employer relationship hinges on one incident.

If you have done a great job and practice all safety measures but one day happen to skip something and have an accident and are overall a strong employee, I'd like to believe that should be factored in and not be given a Career Decision Day of which a couple can end an AA career.

talk about job security. not.

that's cut and dry. X strikes and you are out.

granted, this is a thread about AA's overstaffing but apparently you want to talk about AA vs. DL employee treatment so we can go that direction since you clearly want to.

I can't wait for the TWU apologists to come running to their and the company's defense.

You are full of feces, lying once again World Fraudster.

Let me make a long story short.

Had a Utility on the pushback tug on a brand new 757 going from CLT to DCA last flight of the night, push the plane back off the gate while the jetway was attached.

He did over $7 million dollars in damage and lost revenue for that plane.

I did the union investigation and help represent him at his special hearing.

He got a five day suspension.

After it went the next step in the grievance procedure we got him three days back, he ended up with a two day suspension, a letter in his file for one year, thats  it.

And when he got back from his suspension he was top of the overtime list and worked 8 hours extra for five days, so he got an extra 20 hours at time and one half and 20 hours at double time.

So dont tell me having a representative doesnt do anything, any non-union airline would have fired him on the spot, and that use to happen at Piedmont and US Air when they were non-union.

I recall one summer evening in BOS when someone attempted to park a Shuttle 727 on a gate on the wrong line   the plane sustained pretty serious damage to both wing leading edge slats and fuselage   not to mention it took out our airstair truck and a belt loader (both ground equip) were parked where they should of been,  the plane well was out of service for quite a while.   the person got 3 days thanks to the IAM     

700UW said:

Had a Utility on the pushback tug on a brand new 757 going from CLT to DCA last flight of the night, push the plane back off the gate while the jetway was attached.

After it went the next step in the grievance procedure we got him three days back, he ended up with a two day suspension, a letter in his file for one year, thats  it.

And when he got back from his suspension he was top of the overtime list and worked 8 hours extra for five days, so he got an extra 20 hours at time and one half and 20 hours at double time.

So dont tell me having a representative doesnt do anything, any non-union airline would have fired him on the spot, and that use to happen at Piedmont and US Air when they were non-union.
Let's look at some of the phrases used here:

Investigation... Help...Representation... A hearing... A Grievance procedure *and* time limits on how long the discipline could be in their file...Overtime equalization...

DL employees have none of that...

Germane to this topic; there's gonna be a whole lotta new people showing up to your gates. Look out for them, and each other...

700UW said:
At DL Kevin?

In 1988 I worked for UA in TPA and the junior full timer was 27 years.

southworst is pretty clueless on seniority in the Florida Cities.

700UW said:

Not trying to hijack thread, since my first post here reference why DL outsourced HMV's , then got dragged into other topics but #1 I don't know anyone with 45 years of seniority at DL that works weekends, unless it's a personal choice . #2 I know people who have damaged aircraft and aircraft parts that are still working at DL. Now, back to the matter at hand, for someone who labels a topic, " No Personal Attacks", remember, what goes around, comes around!
See ya' at the DL threads.....700!

700UW said:

So he did something STUPID that cost the company 7 MILLION dollars and got a 2 day suspension.

Yeah, that seems fair......................

He deserved to get fired if he is so careless that he would back an aircraft out with the jet bridge still attached. That is not an accident...... it is just careless stupidity. 

Latest posts

Back