Ac Looking At Merged Us

usair_begins_with_u said:
Who really owns a company.. it's stock holders or its debt holders??
[post="265221"][/post]​

In bankruptcy, the creditors (debt holders), of course. The stockholders come last. The stockholders still get to vote on Directors, but the company really answers to the creditors and the BK judge.

wouldnt there by in-transit visa problems for canadians connecting in CLT or PHL for Carib?

I remember asking years ago about the feasibility of connecting NE US pax over YYZ to West Coast mid west US destinations. Isnt that problematic airport-wise.

Canadians dont need Visas for the US so as long as they had passport or other official id to get into the US they would not have a problem. Many of the countries they would be connecting to would have the same requirements as the US does as far as whats acceptable for travel with a few exceptions. If they held a passport from another country, then they could have a problem unless they got a Visa. If you check some of our Canadian flights now they have lots of people connecting to the Caribbean on them. Wouldnt be any different if some type of codeshare/other arrangement were made.

AC produced a small operating loss for Q404 and a slight net profit.

I could not find anything for the Q105 period, although the date on Q404 is March 9... So maybe they get more time to disclose results north of the border?

ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. releases fourth quarter results: reports net income of $15 million

At any rate, it is hard to envision AC taking a dramatic step towards US-HP without a lot of other things happening. For one, there would be effects on STAR, whether its a STAR effort or AC backing out of STAR and focusing on HP-US.

Also, there are foreign ownership laws to contend with.

Lastly, AC is fresh from BK and just committed some amount of CASH for its 777/787 order. What HP-US needs is CASH, and I suspect AC has better uses for its CASH.

I am still trying to follow the money.

so whats this make it then, an amalgamation of 2 current losers and one ressurrected loser?
i may be wrong now but when i went through Placid Harbor in '04 air canada was bk too........

Air Conrail!

And our UCT pilot gets to fly the big planes!

And the the lawyers/bankers/consultants/GECAS all make a ton!

And Joe Taxpayer, either thru the BK court, PBGC--gets a new lubejob!

Ladies and gentlemen -- I ask you what is not to like about this deal??

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Air Conrail!

And our UCT pilot gets to fly the big planes!

And the the lawyers/bankers/consultants/GECAS all make a ton!

And Joe Taxpayer, either thru the BK court, PBGC--gets a new lubejob!

Ladies and gentlemen -- I ask you what is not to like about this deal??
[post="265568"][/post]​
and what little left of usair ground employees will be the ones stuck holding the cargo door open!