AFA Anounces 94% Strike vote But leaves out actual numbers...Why?

Keep avoiding the real issues people ask of you, and its because of people like you that you dont have a new CBA, cause the company knows your weak and will accept what ever crumbs that are leftover.

The AFA doesnt have to release any numbers, but they will in time.

So how can you be so wrong about the TAs and the strike vote?

Maybe they used the FL board of elections to tally and thats why its taking so long.

What was the percentage of eligible voters and what was the breakdown by bases?

For some reason this has not been released....still I think this speaks volumes! Now it could be an oversight or it could be the electronic voting is slower than counting ballots by hand....either way, AFA was quick to put out the 94% figure without a breakdown of the vote.... In every other instance of voting the breakdown was announced along with the percentage! AFA has painted its members in a corner! Those who did vote for the strike were told this was a message only and many bought it! At any rate...the total number who voted is important! Coming up on 18 hours and still no response from AFA! I could be wrong but time will tell! I am sure at some point the numbers will be released. I am assuming 5600 F/a's voted to strike however it appears thats what the union wanted us to take from their announcement!

For some reason this has not been released....still I think this speaks volumes! Now it could be an oversight or it could be the electronic voting is slower than counting ballots by hand....either way, AFA was quick to put out the 94% figure without a breakdown of the vote.... In every other instance of voting the breakdown was announced along with the percentage! AFA has painted its members in a corner! Those who did vote for the strike were told this was a message only and many bought it! At any rate...the total number who voted is important! Coming up on 18 hours and still no response from AFA! I could be wrong but time will tell! I am sure at some point the numbers will be released. I am assuming 5600 F/a's voted to strike however it appears thats what the union wanted us to take from their announcement!

Looky here, Boi genius: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/21/3678770/us-airways-flight-attendants-vote.html

Of the carrier’s 6,700 flight attendants, 4,100 voted to authorize a strike and 250 voted against, a spokesperson said.

He has to wait for Tempe to wake up so he knows what to post next, lol.

Bless your heart.... I dont need the union or the company to speak for me! I have common sense! The unin hasnt released the above numbers as of yet however if correct...it means nothing! LOL I will not strike nor will the majority of those who voted yes! Here is why...."The union has told our flight attendants that the strike vote is about positioning at the bargaining table and not about striking and the union has not requested that the National Mediation Board cease the mediation and negotiations process," she said. But continue to live in your fantasy world of "you deserve more" but choose to stay because ? I guess those who lose their job could work here http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t2

I WAS IN BOS IN 1999 WHEN THE F/AS WERE AT THE POINT OF READY TO STRIKE AND SHUT DOWN THE AIRLINE WHEN AT THE 11TH HR AN AGGREMENT WAS MADE I HAVE MY DOUBTS THAT THE YES TO STRIKES F/A WOULD JUST STAND STILL WHILE OTHERS WALK THE LINE

Common sense?

So you want to be a scab and stab your coworkers in the back who want a living wage and benefits?

So your being Ms Cleo again? AFA will use CHAOS and your members will strike.

How did this work out for you?

Frankly unless those who claim the sky is falling ...themselves are at the table negotiating ...wont believe anything but rather stir the pot because they have nothing better to do. I believe the contract will pass by a landslide and for some that just hurts the heart..

Well...that depends.... It really is not a bad contract. Anyone that expected much more really does not understand how buisness works. The cost of doing buisness can not be more than revenue. The company has to make money. When you put it in perspective it really does make sense. Could have certain sections been better? Sure.... Im not happy with 100% of the contract but all in all..not a bad deal. Some will disagree and thats ok... they can express their opinions by saying no... People will always always always vote with their pocketbook and quality of life. No where in the contract do I see where my quality of life will be drastically affected. Anyone who thinks this job is so horrible and pays nothing.. truly has not been out in the real world! It is my opinion thats all...

Princess....(How appropriate after reading your post) What have you endured you poor thing? Why do some people do the same job as you but see it a different way? What about this contract is NOT industry standard? Please give details because we all wanna understand your thought process. Is it perfect? NOPE! You are not..will not..never ever get a perfect working condition....If you think you will go there!

Then VOTE NO! You cant control what others think!

OMG Can you please leabe the childish DUI DOUG crap somewhere else. You dont like the contract that YOU describe then vote NO and call it a day! You live in a fantasy world if you think this contract is Cost neutral! The majority of this contract is fair ! Are there things I would have liked to have seen sure.... If you think for a moment our group will not vote with their pocketbooks you are mistaken.. Dont take my word for it wait til the vote happens!

Good for her however from what im hearing it sounds like a landslide for yes...Time will tell.... Dont let her mis treat you now lol
smile.gif

And the courts have backed it up when they first did it at Alaska.

The rumor that I heard was that CLT was a BIG no show.

CC needs to go.

She has cost me $8,000.00 SO FAR!

I heard that CC was taken to the AFA woodshed and needs to be taken there again.

I heard that CC should no longer be in control of CLT AFA.

I heard from some of her junior officers that she threw them under the bus.

The rumor that I heard is that CC is unreliable.

When CC says "unanimously" she is not telling the truth.

When CC says "unanimously" she is lying.

I heard a rumor that CC needs to go.

MM!

CC can only deliver a THIRD BANKRUPTCY contract.

CC can't even deliver her own people.

CC needs to go.

CC doesn't represent AFA.

AFA should remove CC- NOW.

CC can't deliver her own people.

I heard that CLT was a BIG no show...imagine that.

CC needs to go.

MM!

Latest posts

Back