Strike Vote Passed...see Article

Robc98

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
11-10-2004

Strike authorization vote by US Airways Passenger Service employees passes overwhelmingly: 86% approve, 14% disapprove...
CWA represented US Airways agents and reps have voted overwhelmingly to authorize a strike or other lawful job action in the event that management imposes concessions through the bankruptcy process without a vote of the employees. With strong showings from all locations and workgroups, the CWA Passenger Service local presidents counted the ballots today at CWA’s national headquarters in Washington, DC .

The final vote tally was 86% in favor of strike authorization and 14% opposed. Full details and explanation of the strike vote authorization process and procedures, including CWA strike benefits, is contained in the letter you received at your home address accompanying your strike authorization ballot.
The CWA local presidents immediately issued this statement: “Thank you, agents and reps, for giving us this show of strength and determination. We pledge to make every effort to reach a reasonable settlement with management – a settlement that can be ratified by a vote of the employees. Thank you for support.â€

Negotiations continue this week; management’s bankruptcy motion to reject our contract may come as early as Monday...

CWA’ers and management met on Tuesday, November 9, and received management’s latest proposal; there was some movement, but still a very long way to go before it would be acceptable to the agents and reps.

We are working on a counter-proposal and at the same time our analysts are exchanging information with management analysts to compare the value of their proposals vs. ours.
We expect to be engaged in that process all week and are aiming to present a proposal to management on Friday if possible, or early next week at the latest. We are anticipating that management will file their 1113c bankruptcy motion to reject our contract as early as next Monday, November 15. We’ll keep you informed.
CWA Local Officers and Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
Tell-a-friend!

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for CWA e-Activist Center .

I hope they strike tomorrow. My guess is, if they do, U will immediately suspend operations and go Chap. 7. And nothing could be better for the other airlines.

If any of the unions wanted to strike, would they be subject to a 30 cooling off period?

can the cwa or any labor group strike during a ch11 bankruptcy or is this another way to show mgmt that the cwa isnt putting up with their sh!!tt? i wish that my union the iam would do something like this for us but i dont think it will happen i could be wrong though.

RedOne said:
Oneflyer. How do I say nicely I would not go to the AA site and make such comments. Yours are not appreciated here...at least by one person.
[post="199634"][/post]​

Or this one. Don't you guys have enough problems over at AA without stirring the pot? :down: :down:

My understanding is there can be no strike until the judge makes an 1113c ruling,
but I could be wrong.

I suspect there will be much negotiation between now, and any such ruling, and I believe the agents have strengthened the CWA's hand. The company and the judge now know with a surety that there is a line, that if crossed, brings down the whole house of cards - something all parties should work to avoid.

I commend the CWA for taking the initiative.

>>>ATTENTION IGNORANT PEOPLE<<<
>>>IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO FOLLOW<<<
>>>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION<<<

1. The CWA cannot strike unless the Judge throws out their contract
2. The Judge has not thrown out the CWA contract
3. The CWA cannot strike until the Judge throws out their contract
4. Reread numbers 1 through 3 above until you "get it".

>>>THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION<<<

The company's "free for all" grab from the agents is what provoked this vote. What's worse...work for a wage that you can not survive on, or force a showdown and let the chips fall where they may? If the company wants a fair settlement with the CWA, they will legitimately bargain, if not, they will throw the same Jerry Glass crap back in our face. We'll soon find out. They obviously dont follow the philosophy of a fair share from all. Take a different amount from each work group, while giving up a token amount themselves is disgusting. I have another job lined up for next year, but I will support the majority of agents with what ever they vote to do.

RICO......I have not seen any name calling to you. Why do think we, as CWA, are Ignorant? Thats a stupid thing to post. Point your finger at us calling us ignorant shows me nothing of your own self worth. Just remember when pointing that finger that your other fingers are pointing right back at you.

Rico said:
>>>ATTENTION IGNORANT PEOPLE<<<

1. The CWA cannot strike unless the Judge throws out their contract
2. The Judge has not thrown out the CWA contract
3. The CWA cannot strike until the Judge throws out their contract
4. Reread numbers 1 through 3 above until you "get it".

[post="199642"][/post]​

>>>ATTENTION IGNORANT RICO<<<
>>>COMMENT TO FOLLOW<<<

1 The CWA already knows that.
2 The judge already knows that.
3 Any union can take a strike vote any time they feel to show the company their
intentions if negotiations break down , whether in Chapter 11 or not.
4 We at US Airways are aware of what's going on.
5 ReRead 1-4 until YOU get it.

PS..Isn't there a Frontier board you can slim around on? :down: :down: :down:

:up: I glad to see the cwa is ready to strike .let alpa take more of a cut in pay.
cwa you got my vote better to strike than work for unfair wages and no medical
at retirement,

28yrsnojob said:
:up: I glad to see the cwa is ready to strike .let alpa take more of a cut in pay.
cwa you got my vote better to strike than work for unfair wages and no medical
at retirement,
[post="199655"][/post]​

Huh? A week ago you were on here saying that no one deserved more than $10 an hour for selling a ticket. You made some comment about "how hard could it be?" Now you are calling the proposed pay scale unfair? What did you do? Actually go to a res center and see how damn hard it is?

Rico
not sure were you are comming from , but as shown by the
the company's past and currrent offers to show strength is
the only option we have anything less is not acceptable,
given to much to long to just say it's ok

Latest posts